Travelers Companies

346 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

FMLDP Intern Interview

FMLDP Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Applied in October. First interview in March with a member of the rotational program. Second interview was at the HQ and was four hours. Interviewed with 5 people, mostly relaxed. The head of the program asked very technical finance and accounting questions.

Interview Question – Technical accounting questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The process was relatively simple and direct. I was interviewed in front of a VP of Underwriting and a few underwriting managers.

Interview Question – Know about the industry specifics and specifics about your division.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The experience was mostly a good one. Everyone was very professional. I had 3 interviews, 1 on the phone, and 2 panel interviews. Phone interview was quick and the panel interviews were around an hour each. The two panel interviews were basically the same in terms of questions, just different people.

Interview Question – All behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The interviewer had a set of basic questions ready to ask. The interview was a little conversational and relaxed but still ran along the guided questions. There were some behavioral questions as expected and also a question of how I researched the company. Overall the interviewer was very friendly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, but if I had to pick it would be how I researched the company.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2013.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. Initial phone screen with recruiter, then onsite interview with unit manager and then claim center vice president. Interview with unit manager is very automated with him or her reading and asking questions from booklet. Interview with vice president is more casual but alot tougher. Come well prepared.

Interview Question – Nothing unsual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate

Claims Property Adjuster Trainee Interview

Claims Property Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the job in early January, was set up for a phone interview with a recruiter for Travelers. Interview lasted about 45 mins and asked detailed questions about work experiences, any claims industry experience, customer service, and education. I was asked detailed questions about specific situations where I had to deal with hostile customers, a fast paced environment, any mistakes I have made and how I've adapted to changes in the workplace.

After I passed the phone interview I was scheduled for a property assessment that took place in a local office. I was sent an email before the assessment specifying that the test is similar to the GED and I was provided a few links by Travelers to a website that has a free GED test prep exam and study guide.

The assessment at the office consisted of 7 parts and all 7 parts need to be passed independently in order to pass. The exam consisted of reading a homeowner's policy and determining the proper coverage or policy limits, writing a denial letter to a policyholder that was unhappy that his claim was denied due to wear and tear, a basic math test involving areas, perimeters, volumes, percentages, a grammar, vocabulary and spelling test, a basic Microsoft Excel test, a test which list several different maps and you have to determine based on the instructions where you would end up on the map given a start point.

I was called 4 business days after the test and informed that I have passed and that an interview with a unit manager is pending. I let the recruiter know I could interview any day and time but she said she needed to check the schedule. She said she would contact me to schedule a time to interview. It's been an additional 3 business days since I was informed that I passed the test and I have yet to be scheduled for an interview.

I am neutral about the interview process since it has been over a week and a half since I took the assessment. I expected to complete the interview already but the process has more downtime than I would prefer. The tests are not difficult for someone that is qualified to have the position. Generally insurance industry positions are very competitive so if you don't pass it means it's unlikely you would be successful in handling the more complex and detailed training that you would receive if hired.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker or manager   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview takes at least 30 minutes. They ask very detailed questions and want to know what definitions of insurance terms you know. Then you spend 4 hours taking several tests.

Interview Question – All of their questions are situational. It just depends on your experience.   Answer Question

Account Manager - Select Plus Interview

Account Manager - Select Plus
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2010.

Interview Details – Two interview sessions: The first was with the hiring/underwriting manager. The second meeting included senior management and marketing staff.

Interview Question – I don't recall many specific questions that might concern my technical expertise. Most of the conversation was aimed at discussing the high volume of workflow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unemployed at the time, and accepted the offer.

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard from a recruiter at a career fair

Interview Question – HR technical questions   Answer Question

PPD Intern Interview

PPD Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted through an e-mail and I gave the person who contacted me a few different times that I was available for a 30 minute phone interview. He asked me standard behavioral questions, like give me an example of a time you worked with a group, worked under high pressure, etc.

Interview Question – Asked me a scenario question about a new market for a new insurance product.   Answer Question