Travelers Companies

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Walnut, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Forma interview with hiring manager and Regional VP. Follow up interview with hiring manager and other line of business leaders.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how do you work on improving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation but without specific experience it is tough to negotiate further.

Claims Operations Specialist Interview

Claims Operations Specialist
Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a job on travelers website on 4/14. Received an email to schedule a phone interview on 5/2. Passed the phone interview. Went on the next step, which was in person screening. Received a call the very next day to move on to the next step, which was a panel interview. This was scheduled two weeks out. In the mean time I prepared for the interview thoroughly. I wanted to make sure I did well because I was determined to receive a job offer. The panel interview was a little surprising because there were 4 other interviewees that I was not prepared to see. I thought for a second that it was a group interview and I would have probably walked out if that were the case.

We basically played round robin and each person interviewed then switched to the next interview. There were a total of 5 all together.

During the interviews I believed I really gave it my all and even after a couple negative moments I was able to quickly turn it around to the point where I felt confident that I impressed them under pressure. Also, on 2 occasions, I had my interviews say “Wow” when I asked them my questions at the end.

Good Impressions:

Most interviewers were very attentive and seemed interested in what I was saying.

They looked like they were taking very thorough notes

They also seemed unusually pleasant, only way I can describe it is right out of the movie Pleasantville

Bad Impressions:

One of the ladies being on her phone and texting here and there

During one of my interviews I was, quite literally, interrogated about my length of time in college. School part-time, working full-time definitely makes the four-year plan out of reach.

Another woman basically rolled her eyes at me during my interview.

It seemed like icebreaker jokes went right over their heads. Very serious people here

One of the other candidates decided to leave during the panel interview process and I am certain it was based on the lack of friendly questions asked by the two ladies there.

Based on recent reviews of how the company runs and operates, I believe receiving no offer was a blessing in disguise.

Interview Question – Were the personal questions, ie, length of time in school. I felt judged on something that I deem a personal success story.   View Answer

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiters came to campus to recruit for trainee position. Actually interviewed with recruiter, MD (manager),and the RVP. Most of the questions were behavioral and you need to demonstrate the ability to handle problems and sales/customer service skills. Pretty standard interviewing process, nothing too rigorous or difficult about it if you are a qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

Workers Compensation Interview

Workers Compensation
Diamond Bar, CA

The process took 12 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was the worst interview ever experience due to constant interruption from interviewer's cell phone

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Diamond Bar, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2012.

Interview Details – applied online, received a email need to set date to phone interview, got a phone call after 3 days, interview last 20 mins, never heard anything back.

Interview Question – whats the most difficult thing you have encountered in you work?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Outside Property Claims Adjuster
Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview starts with a phone screening. They analyze your customer service experience and technical knowledge. Next is a test. The test is understanding Xactimate diagrams or property layouts. Also consists of insurance principal knowledge and excel spreadsheets.

Interview Question – Did not make it to face to face interview. After passing the test someone with more experience was chosen for the region I wanted and I did not want to relocate.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2013.

Interview Details – People seemed very nice and interested. I interviewed with the recruiter online (20 minutes) and was asked to submit the background check application. Next was asked to do live interview--proceeded to meet with 3 different departmental heads in individual interviews (all same day). Again, they seemed interested and I was looking forward to their call offering me the job. I was told they would contact me within a week (either way--decline or offer) but never heard back. They never pulled the background check either.

Interview Question – Example of interview question is "Give me an example of when you used your negotiating skills and how did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Nurse Case Manager
Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone interview from corporate office was great. The relationship I had with the corporate recruiter was warm and inviting. She was very informative and a joy to work with. It took 3 weeks to be called in for an onsite interview. When I did speak with the HR Dept @ the DB office, HR was huffing and sounded bothered. Questions at onsite read directly from interview sheet. I was interviewed by 3 managers. I was new to the insurance arena, yet had equivalent work experience in an outside field. The interviewers kept asking direct nursing experience based questions. At one point I caught one of the interviewers rolling her eyes. It was by far the worst experience I have had interviewing anywhere in my career. 2 of the 3 interviewers were very nice, one was mildly unpleasant the entire time. It did not feel like warm or inviting environment. Having worked in management, hiring, training and coaching for years, I was surprised by the lack of warmth and the rigidity of the interview.

Interview Question – How have I handled dealing with an angry or upset Dr. in the past.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke with a recruiter. Went over my skills. Got invited to an interview after a week. It's been a few days and I'm still waiting for a response. Interview was pleasant basic insurance questions.

Interview Question – How would you react to multiple people asking you to rush a project.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the Travelers website and then within a couple days I was sent an email from an HR recruiter from back east. She initially said she would probably contact me within a week but a day or two later I received a phone call from the local hiring manager. I interviewed with the local hiring manager and another supervisor a few days later in their office. The local hiring manager said that the next step in the hiring process would be a telephone interview with a panel of other people in her office to ask me insurance questions to find out my skill level. A few days passed and I never heard from the hiring manager so I contacted the HR recruiter to get a status on the position. She called me a few days later and said that they were in the process of making an offer to another hire. I told her that the local hiring manager shouldn't be telling candidates that she would be calling them if she had no intention of doing so but I thanked her for giving me the status on the job and for not making me wait in outer space any longer. She then encouraged me to apply for other positions with the company. I thought the HR department was responsive but the local hiring manager was misleading. This process took over a month and I haven't received an official letter stating the position was filled- perhaps they don't send the professional closure letters like other companies do now. Local office seemed a bit chaotic- perhaps because they just moved to a new location and the manager supervises about 140 people plus a whole other office about 30 miles away!

Interview Question – What are your professional goals within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!