Travelers Companies Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.7

Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it. 2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter. 3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Inland Marine Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position at the Irvine, California office at the end of March of 2014. I was called for a phone interview by the Hiring Manager a few weeks later. I did an in person interview with the Colorado based Hiring Manager on 4/18/14. I waited close to a week and then I followed up with HR as the Manager did not call me back the following Tuesday as originally discussed during our interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter. Went over my skills. Got invited to an interview after a week. It's been a few days and I'm still waiting for a response. Interview was pleasant basic insurance questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to multiple people asking you to rush a project.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied on the Travelers website and then within a couple days I was sent an email from an HR recruiter from back east. She initially said she would probably contact me within a week but a day or two later I received a phone call from the local hiring manager. I interviewed with the local hiring manager and another supervisor a few days later in their office. The local hiring manager said that the next step in the hiring process would be a telephone interview with a panel of other people in her office to ask me insurance questions to find out my skill level. A few days passed and I never heard from the hiring manager so I contacted the HR recruiter to get a status on the position. She called me a few days later and said that they were in the process of making an offer to another hire. I told her that the local hiring manager shouldn't be telling candidates that she would be calling them if she had no intention of doing so but I thanked her for giving me the status on the job and for not making me wait in outer space any longer. She then encouraged me to apply for other positions with the company. I thought the HR department was responsive but the local hiring manager was misleading. This process took over a month and I haven't received an official letter stating the position was filled- perhaps they don't send the professional closure letters like other companies do now. Local office seemed a bit chaotic- perhaps because they just moved to a new location and the manager supervises about 140 people plus a whole other office about 30 miles away!

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Risk Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. The company kept telling me they had to wait a long time before the position got approved but all of a sudden I got an unbelievable low job offer from them. The interviews were informal and not technical at all. They asked for drug test, driving record, credit check, copy of previous employer pay stub to prove previous salary amount, hearing test, medical examination, diploma copy, school info to call them and verify my degree, called previous employer for references,etc. it was an extensive process, easy, just painful.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself 5 years from now. No technical questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will low ball you based on your salary history even though you have a degree and experience. I was only able to get 8% more than what they initially offered me.

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Diamond Bar, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview from corporate office was great. The relationship I had with the corporate recruiter was warm and inviting. She was very informative and a joy to work with. It took 3 weeks to be called in for an onsite interview. When I did speak with the HR Dept @ the DB office, HR was huffing and sounded bothered. Questions at onsite read directly from interview sheet. I was interviewed by 3 managers. I was new to the insurance arena, yet had equivalent work experience in an outside field. The interviewers kept asking direct nursing experience based questions. At one point I caught one of the interviewers rolling her eyes. It was by far the worst experience I have had interviewing anywhere in my career. 2 of the 3 interviewers were very nice, one was mildly unpleasant the entire time. It did not feel like warm or inviting environment. Having worked in management, hiring, training and coaching for years, I was surprised by the lack of warmth and the rigidity of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How have I handled dealing with an angry or upset Dr. in the past.   1 Answer

Workers Compensation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Diamond Bar, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was the worst interview ever experience due to constant interruption from interviewer's cell phone

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Diamond Bar, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

applied online, received a email need to set date to phone interview, got a phone call after 3 days, interview last 20 mins, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• whats the most difficult thing you have encountered in you work?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone screening. They analyze your customer service experience and technical knowledge. Next is a test. The test is understanding Xactimate diagrams or property layouts. Also consists of insurance principal knowledge and excel spreadsheets.

Interview Questions

• Did not make it to face to face interview. After passing the test someone with more experience was chosen for the region I wanted and I did not want to relocate.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Diamond Bar, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

People seemed very nice and interested. I interviewed with the recruiter online (20 minutes) and was asked to submit the background check application. Next was asked to do live interview--proceeded to meet with 3 different departmental heads in individual interviews (all same day). Again, they seemed interested and I was looking forward to their call offering me the job. I was told they would contact me within a week (either way--decline or offer) but never heard back. They never pulled the background check either.

Interview Questions

• Example of interview question is "Give me an example of when you used your negotiating skills and how did it turn out?"   Answer Question