Travelers Companies Pricing Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college's career website and applied through their website. I received an e-mail to set-up a phone interview. Following my phone interview 1-2 days, I received an e-mail to set up a super day interview. The interview consisted of 3 45-minute interviews, a lunch with another candidate and 2 analysts, as well as a one-hour assessment. The assessment is half verbal and half math. The assessment is basically a test on seeing how well you can identify important data and incorporate that into the answer (which is similar to an analyst position). I am still waiting to hear back if I received a final offer or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

It wasn't too difficult, there was a verbal and mathematical test. You will be interviewed by three people, most likely the Hiring Manager and two people that have gone through the program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interviewed in fall of senior year at college for the PPDP. Phone interview with market analyst, 30 minutes. 2 weeks later, invited to final round on site in Hartford. Took 1 hour math/verbal test (SAT difficulty, not hard at all). Two 45 minute interviews after that. Then an hour at a restaurant for lunch with one candidate and 2 analysts. One more 45 minute interview after lunch, ended up being 1 hr. 15 minutes. Offer extended 1 week later via phone.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you have noticed over the past few years in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If you inherited a gas station, what would your strategy be, immediately and then over time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

It was long but not too hard. They started with a 1:1 and then if they like you enough they will call you back to Hartford for a full day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Travelers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

Half hour phone interview followed by an in person interview day at the office in Hartford Ct. During the in person interview day you will take a test to evaluate your knowledge and then attend 3-4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally Authorized to work in the United States   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

My interview was for the product pricing development program at the Hartford office. They told me the process involved a phone interview and would be followed by an on site interview if they chose to invite me to come meet them in Hartford. My interview was with a person who was working in the position that I would be hired into; it was not someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• Name your three greatest strengths that would make you a valuable team member.   Answer Question
    • If you had to create an insurance product what factors would you take into consideration.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Second step consisted of a math and verbal aptitude test, 3 personal interviews and an informal interview lunch. All interviews done by people who had come through the same initial position and had been there 3 to 5 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

It's a very funny way how my resume got to them. My fiance worked there as a summer intern. I guess his performance there ways very satisfactory, so his boss must have said something really nice about him. So the company wants to recruit my fiance as a full time worker. And during the time of communication and negotiation about getting back to the company for full time, my fiance let the HR know that I am actually also looking for a job, and my knowledge/skill background is somewhat similar to his. So HR turns out to be interested in me, and asked my fiance to send my resume. Then half a month later, I got a phone interview of 30 minutes. They asked my education background and standard questions (critical thinking and those knowledge-based ones). Then roughly a week later, they asked me to have an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are really nice, I just can tell that they want to show that they care about your situation and needs.