Travelers Companies

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Interviewed in fall of senior year at college for the PPDP. Phone interview with market analyst, 30 minutes. 2 weeks later, invited to final round on site in Hartford. Took 1 hour math/verbal test (SAT difficulty, not hard at all). Two 45 minute interviews after that. Then an hour at a restaurant for lunch with one candidate and 2 analysts. One more 45 minute interview after lunch, ended up being 1 hr. 15 minutes. Offer extended 1 week later via phone.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you have noticed over the past few years in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
  • If you inherited a gas station, what would your strategy be, immediately and then over time?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – My interview was for the product pricing development program at the Hartford office. They told me the process involved a phone interview and would be followed by an on site interview if they chose to invite me to come meet them in Hartford. My interview was with a person who was working in the position that I would be hired into; it was not someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• Name your three greatest strengths that would make you a valuable team member.   Answer Question
  • If you had to create an insurance product what factors would you take into consideration.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview. Second step consisted of a math and verbal aptitude test, 3 personal interviews and an informal interview lunch. All interviews done by people who had come through the same initial position and had been there 3 to 5 years.

Interview Question – Describe how you would run a new business.   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – It's a very funny way how my resume got to them. My fiance worked there as a summer intern. I guess his performance there ways very satisfactory, so his boss must have said something really nice about him. So the company wants to recruit my fiance as a full time worker. And during the time of communication and negotiation about getting back to the company for full time, my fiance let the HR know that I am actually also looking for a job, and my knowledge/skill background is somewhat similar to his. So HR turns out to be interested in me, and asked my fiance to send my resume. Then half a month later, I got a phone interview of 30 minutes. They asked my education background and standard questions (critical thinking and those knowledge-based ones). Then roughly a week later, they asked me to have an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are really nice, I just can tell that they want to show that they care about your situation and needs.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!