Travelers Companies Property Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Property Claims Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Resume submitted online, contacted by mgmt within the office to conduct phone interview. 2nd interview was with middle management staff, behavioral questions as expected. Third interview started with upper management and HR, and you are eventually matched with one-two current employees for a Peer Interview. Take this opportunity to ask more informal questions about the role (I.e. How long have they been there, expected daily routine, etc).

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time when you were forced to make a business decision without having ALL of the information you needed; what did you do, what was the result, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
The company "hires ahead", meaning they try to stay competitive by remaining slightly above others in the industry for starting wages. Negotiation for initial salary is highly unlikely.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2010.

There were 2 managers hiring for different positions. I had to travel from San Antonio, tx to Houston, TX and they were very polite and had the expected questions to ask. One of the managers liked me and even though i did not apply for the job, wanted me to see a higher up director to get his opinion of me. I did not really understand the job that the other manager wanted me for so the conversation was not very good and after a week, i did contact them back and inquired and they said that the original job i applied for was already filled and the other position that they wanted me for, could not be filled at this time.

Property Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2012.

Overall a pretty smooth phone interview. Interviewer just had some questions about my resume and prior work experience. Once we got through that, it was mostly just getting additional information about the job and what the next steps in the hiring process would be. Lasted about 30 minutes total. Was told I would be recommended to move on to the next stage, so hopefully that's the case!

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain why some of your past jobs didn't last very long?   Answer Question

Property Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2011.

Submitted for job online in Sept 2011 and got a call to schedule 1 to interview in Nov. 2011. At interview was told they were interviewing 100 people and those fitting the positions would be called back for tests and panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have to deal with and how?   Answer Question

Property Claims Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2011.

It was a behavioral interview with specific questions on hw you would handle a situation

Property Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2009.

I was the first interview for the day. The interview went well I thought. We talked about the industry and how good this type of career is. We had lot to talk about as I had 4 years experience as an adjuster. Talked about long term goals. I would recommend following the directions of the interview process instructed on the travelers web site.

After the 2 person interview I had a one on one interview with an HR associate. She told me that I answered every question perfect. two weeks later I sent her a thank you Email Message. She responded saying I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • If your supervisor was in the room right now what would he or she have to say about you   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!