Travelers Companies Interview Questions in Saint Paul, MN

2.5

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Referred internally. Interviewed w/ a total of 7 people - two phone w/ HR. Both seemed to go very well. Invited in for interview w/ manager + 2 team members, HR said initial feedback was favorable. Asked to come back two weeks later for 2nd round. Interviewed w/ 2 VP's. 6 weeks later and still no answer up or down despite calls to internal HR recruiter. Unbelievable lack of professionalism. Up or down folkes. "No answer" indicates a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for applicants.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions - "Tell me a time when you..."   1 Answer

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted a resume via email and received a voicemail about a week later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back a week later from a contracting service saying I received the job and the logistics would be handled through their service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on with excel and how excel helped you to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency and was called for an in-person interview. I met with a supervisor and then the manager of the team separately. Both women were extremely friendly and did a great job of explaining the position (which turned out to be completely different than the description given to me by the staffing agency). There was quite a bit of overlap in their questions but they were fairly easy. The interview process didn't feel stressful; although they were writing down much of what I said, the two interviewers were quick to smile and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a co-worker that you didn't like or had trouble working with.   Answer Question

The commute to downtown St. Paul would have been very long from my house. It was also a contract position and I wanted something more stable.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

2 interviews in person. One on college campus and one at St. Paul location. The interviews were one on one and there where also group interviewsa. One phone interview before

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

IOLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

The second round interview lasts for whole day.

Interview Questions

• They asked some questions about the company's competitors, and same questions with different interviewee   Answer Question

Worker's Compensation Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

I received an email for an interview within a week of applying. I was brought into an empty office and asked a series of standard questions about working in a fast-paced environment (highly emphasized), handling disappointed customers (since you will be denying some claims), and other generic questions (greatest weakness, etc.). The interview was fantastic, but it took them a few weeks to get back to me with their offer. By the time I was offered the position, I had already reached a deadline to accept a promotion within my current company.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions. Most difficult was probably "Give an example of a time you were disciplined at work" which I interpreted as "greatest weakness"   Answer Question

I was offered a promotion at my current job before I heard back from Traveler's.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Call them at a preselected time. One to one phone interview

Interview Questions

• Speak 5mins with an example where you could use your data analysis ability to analyze an insurance problem;   1 Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I went to a job fair and contacted the recruiter immediately after. I got an interview with the recruiters that I met with. This ended up being a really positive interview experience because I already had some rapport with the interviewers. They said that the next step was that I would interview with their claims supervisor and then his boss.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to negotiate and what you did during this negotiation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Received email and voicemail from HR representative stating they had reviewed my resume and wanted to set up a time to do a telephone interview. Sent an email response later the same day email was received and called and left same information next day on voicemail (too late to leave it same day). Did not receive call to set up the appointment, so I called and left another message 2 days later saying I was still interested and available for the phone interview. Never received response. Why did they bother calling me then?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Smooth interview process, first round was a phone interview. Asking basic personality questions. Second interview they flew me out to St. Paul, Minnesota. Spent an entire day interviewing at the head quarters with variety of people. Went to lunch locally with our hosts. Very helpful people and very kind process (one tough interview with upper management)

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest attribute and how are you improving it?   Answer Question