Travelers Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume in online after seeing post on career site. Received a call about a week later and did a phone interview, which was easy. First, the guy went through the job description, pay, etc. He followed with typical behavioral questions, pretty easy. Afterwards, he said he would get with the hiring manager and discuss the interview details. I was sent a link to another test and online simulation. I completed it two weeks ago and have heard nothing since. The training should have started for those they selected already. Very unprofessional. I am between jobs and really do not have a lot of time to waste running through hoops and not even hearing anything back, whether good or bad.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Knoxville, TN

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details – First you are contacted by a sales manager to see if you meet the phone interview test. Very simple I truly believe they are testing to see if your voice will be good for the phone/ customer experience. You go in for your typing test which is about accuracy not speed. After that you do a basic math test and a personality test followed by a customer service test. After these are complete and if you pass you meet one on one with another sales manager. They schedule your next interview which is conducted with 2 managers. They ask you questions that basically if you can sell anything just sell yourself. Push customer service and you are golden.
The office has a mix of people and types of people. It is very much a call center. It appeared at first that everyone was happy but after going back it was very noticeable that people were unhappy. You can tell that it is a very micro managed office which was not what I was looking for. I watched the managers stand over the sales consultants shoulders. They have TV's up that give stats instantly and computer programs that give up to the second sales.
This would be a great job if it were not for the monitoring of your phone calls. The reps are required to log into a system daily and follow a schedule down to the second. If youu are not exactly on time (10 seconds late is late) your numbers will be adjusted and your sales can be lost.
The overall feel for the job is :
Take your calls
Follow a screen to screen system which is much like the internet quote but with a live person. Give the premium and try to obtain the sale. From what I see its very simple to get the sale. Most reps do not even ask.
The pay was good starting around 32k a year plus commission with good benifits however the schedule monitoring down to the second and being "babysat" turned me off. I rather make less and be happy then make ok money and feel like I am in a jail.

Interview Question – Explain to us what your biggest weakness and mistakes have been?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Overall this job was simple however the environment was not what I was looking for. I rather have the ability to breathe and not have to log and explain why you had to use the restroom.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!