Travelers Companies Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

I posted my resume on a job board. A recruiter sent me an email stating she would like to speak with me about the position. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone. Was asked about prior work experience and salary expectation. In person interview was scheduled the next day. Met with 3 individuals, very nice people and very laid back. I felt encouraged to be myself. The interview felt more like a conversation. I was told I would hear from the recruiter within 1-2 business days. I heard back 2 business days later stating I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you effectively manage your time?   Answer Question
  • Give me 2 examples of times you had to relay negative information to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is expected and I am currently in the negotiation process.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Knoxville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Call from recruiter, phone interview, formal interview, offer. The experience was pretty straight forward but it did take a long time to get an offer. They bring in new classes all the time so it keeps people on their toes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume in online after seeing post on career site. Received a call about a week later and did a phone interview, which was easy. First, the guy went through the job description, pay, etc. He followed with typical behavioral questions, pretty easy. Afterwards, he said he would get with the hiring manager and discuss the interview details. I was sent a link to another test and online simulation. I completed it two weeks ago and have heard nothing since. The training should have started for those they selected already. Very unprofessional. I am between jobs and really do not have a lot of time to waste running through hoops and not even hearing anything back, whether good or bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward questions. Many of the typical interview questions you would expect. Must pass a "sales aptitude" test to get hired. Many candidates don't make it past this part of the process. Recommend you talk to as many employees as possible before taking the test or going to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a sales call?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Knoxville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

First you are contacted by a sales manager to see if you meet the phone interview test. Very simple I truly believe they are testing to see if your voice will be good for the phone/ customer experience. You go in for your typing test which is about accuracy not speed. After that you do a basic math test and a personality test followed by a customer service test. After these are complete and if you pass you meet one on one with another sales manager. They schedule your next interview which is conducted with 2 managers. They ask you questions that basically if you can sell anything just sell yourself. Push customer service and you are golden. The office has a mix of people and types of people. It is very much a call center. It appeared at first that everyone was happy but after going back it was very noticeable that people were unhappy. You can tell that it is a very micro managed office which was not what I was looking for. I watched the managers stand over the sales consultants shoulders. They have TV's up that give stats instantly and computer programs that give up to the second sales. This would be a great job if it were not for the monitoring of your phone calls. The reps are required to log into a system daily and follow a schedule down to the second. If youu are not exactly on time (10 seconds late is late) your numbers will be adjusted and your sales can be lost. The overall feel for the job is : Log into phone Take your calls Follow a screen to screen system which is much like the internet quote but with a live person. Give the premium and try to obtain the sale. From what I see its very simple to get the sale. Most reps do not even ask. Overall this job was simple however the environment was not what I was looking for. I rather have the ability to breathe and not have to log and explain why you had to use the restroom. The pay was good starting around 32k a year plus commission with good benifits however the schedule monitoring down to the second and being "babysat" turned me off. I rather make less and be happy then make ok money and feel like I am in a jail.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us what your biggest weakness and mistakes have been?   Answer Question