Travelers Companies

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Went to a career fair for resume drop and initial screening. Passed my first interview at career fair and got an on-site offer three weeks later. The on-site interview lasted 6 hours including a lunch meeting. All one-on-one meetins with manager on different teams within the group. Recieved the verbal offer very shortly.

Interview Question – Most technical question was to write a program for a simple task and suggest different ways to achieve the target.
Most unexpected question was "what was the biggest risk you have taken?"
Most difficult questions were to "plan and state all the necessary steps to run a complete project?"
and "What do you think is the most difficult and time-consuming phase in a project and how did you overcome obstacles?"
"What made you choose your career interest?"
  Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details – Met with several employees and mostly discuss my past experiences.

Interview Question – They will ask specific scenarios and it is tough to remember on the spot.   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 in person interviews
Technical: statistical questions about linear regression, mixed models
Simple SAS test for programming
Simple math problem

Interview Question – Technical question from survival analysis   Answer Question

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details – I got the phone interview. Five questions were asked: 1. introduce your current research to me as a non-technician to Statistics. 2. In your opinion, how the statistical models can be applied to insurance. 3. introduce the whole process how you handle one project related to regression. 4. Tell me why the insurance price can not be set the same for all people. 5. Tell me your qualities why I hire you.

Interview Question – relate insurance to statistics   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!