Travelers Companies

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Went to a career fair for resume drop and initial screening. Passed my first interview at career fair and got an on-site offer three weeks later. The on-site interview lasted 6 hours including a lunch meeting. All one-on-one meetins with manager on different teams within the group. Recieved the verbal offer very shortly.

Interview Questions
  • Most technical question was to write a program for a simple task and suggest different ways to achieve the target.
    Most unexpected question was "what was the biggest risk you have taken?"
    Most difficult questions were to "plan and state all the necessary steps to run a complete project?"
    and "What do you think is the most difficult and time-consuming phase in a project and how did you overcome obstacles?"
    "What made you choose your career interest?"

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2011.

Be prepared for the interview with a clear understanding of the company, financial strength, leadership and stock history. The HR recruiter will screen you first to determine if you are a right fit for the company. You will then typically hear from the hiring manager to discuss your background and credentials. The last interview may be with a senior manager to make the final decision.

Minimal negotiation opportunity. PTO is not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2010.

3 in person interviews
    Technical: statistical questions about linear regression, mixed models
    Simple SAS test for programming
    Simple math problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Met with several employees and mostly discuss my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask specific scenarios and it is tough to remember on the spot.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I got the phone interview. Five questions were asked: 1. introduce your current research to me as a non-technician to Statistics. 2. In your opinion, how the statistical models can be applied to insurance. 3. introduce the whole process how you handle one project related to regression. 4. Tell me why the insurance price can not be set the same for all people. 5. Tell me your qualities why I hire you.