Travelers Companies

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted for phone interview. Followed by additional phone interview by Senior Recruiting representative. Two at location interviews within 2 weeks time -- interviewed by hiring manager and 4 additional members of management team, plus a lunch with potential team members. After the final interview, it was only a few days before I was contacted by HR about their decision. Process was pretty in-depth, but the time frame was quite fast. Only 3 weeks from initial contact to offer made.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Be prepared for anything that begins with "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email the next day saying they wanted to schedule me for an interview over the phone. We set up that interview and they called me just to tell me about the position and to tell me that I had been pushed through to the next round. then I was given a phone interview with two people. Questions were kind of difficult, but nothing that you couldnt prepare for. I havent heard back yet about the job

Interview Question – Mainly behavorial questions. Tell me about a time when..   Answer Question

Underwriter

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Hiring process begins with a phone interview which is usually easygoing. Next the real interview subsisted of situational questions and interests.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a tough message.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an entry level position, no negotiation is possible.

Athens, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very corporate interview on campus. Two people interviewed me. Some of the questions were what do you know about Travelers, tell me about a time where you had many tasks at hand and how you prioritized those tasks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you volunteered for an organization and tell me about about a person you had an impact on. What was his or her name?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process is ongoing.

Underwriter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial HR phone screen, then a Phone Interview with the hiring manager. Never heard a word after that, but that seems to be how Travelers does things if they don't go to the next phase.

Interview Questions

Underwriter

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2011.

Interview Details – I gave a resume at a career fair, and was followed up with by email. I think I got the email more than a month after the career fair, and I was asked if there was a time I could set up a phone interview. I agreed and received a call exactly at that time. This was not a position I was very interested in. The interviewer asked many standard questions, a couple asking for specific examples. At the end of the interview I asked a couple questions, and then I asked if their was any room for horizontal movement from this position within Travelers, because I was not particularly interested in underwriting (I didn't say that though). The interviewer responded that they were really looking for people who want to do underwriting because of the long training process. I thanked her for her time and we ended the call. I received an email a week or so later that they were moving forward with other candidates. (Not surprisingly)

Interview Question – What made you interested in working for Travelers?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies Underwriter interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.