Travelers Companies

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview where they just asked basic personality questions and to find out your interest in the position. They got back to me 3 weeks later for another in-person interview. I interviewed with four different people. I never heard back from them after that. Overall the people at the company where nice but they took a long time to get back to you after the interview.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions like name a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews in person. One on college campus and one at St. Paul location. The interviews were one on one and there where also group interviewsa. One phone interview before

Interview Question – Why underwriting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview, laid-back interview process.

Interview Question – Why underwriting?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and a few weeks later received an email asking for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes with mostly general questions about my resume and experience in the industry. Nothing hard and nothing I couldn't answer off the top of my head. A few weeks later I got a call asking for an in person interview but turned it down because I had already found a job at that point.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where something didn't turn out as expected   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the recruiter advised they would be passing on 5 resumes to the hiring manager to review along with candidate ranking. There were then in person interviews with 4 other people (HR and various managers).

Interview Question – Asked how specifically I improved a process and/or project that I worked on. Question aimed to find out how independent you are and whether you are continually working to improve your job.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2011.

Interview Details – Both of the hiring managers I interviewed with were very nice. The interview questions were very typically behavioral questions for the most part. Come prepared with some information about the company and the business segment you are interviewing for, it will impress your interviewer(s).

Interview Question – What sort of people would you want to work with?   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details – I received an on campus interview with Travelers. It was a short and basic interview. It lasted about 30 mins. There were 2 people in the room asking questions. Basic questions such as why do you to join Travelers and etc.

Interview Question – What are skills you think are important to underwriting   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a 30 minute phone screen with HR and was invited for an in-person interview.

Was interviewed by 2 people. Hiring manager and unit manager. About a 2 hour interview. They made it sound like I was going to be brought back in for a 2nd and 3rd at the same time (was out of town and relocating). I NEVER heard back from them. No phone call, email, or letter saying I was no longer considered. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. Explain a time where you took a negative situation and turned it into a positive. Stuff like that.   Answer Question
  • Describe your weaknesses. Describe your strengths.   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked pretty standard questions. I was not too excited about the job but gave it a good effort. The recruiter never responded to me or a couple of my friends that also interviewed. She just left us hanging.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   View Answer

Underwriting Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in June/July. I received an e-mail from a field recruiter for a phone interview at the end of August.The field recruiter interviewed me for about 45 mins. She stated she was going to pass her notes along to the hiring manager. I received an e-mail a few weeks later asking for an onsite interview. I interviewed onsite for about 3 hours. The first hour interview was with two people, the second hour was with one person, and the third was with two people. The interview questions were basic, name a time when.. have you ever.... etc.

Interview Question – I can't remember any of the questions because after the 3 hours I was drained.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate the offer was way more than I thought it would be.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!