Travelers Companies

3.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2014.

Interviewer was professional and courteous. I heard from others that they typically ask about 25 questions from a list of questions, and they range from "What is a strength you have..." to "Give an example of a time where you were accurately able to predict future difficulties with a project." The interview was only for about 30 minutes, but it wasn't a threatening environment.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you were accurately able to predict future difficulties with a project.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Underwriter Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

I first had a phone interview where they just asked basic personality questions and to find out your interest in the position. They got back to me 3 weeks later for another in-person interview. I interviewed with four different people. I never heard back from them after that. Overall the people at the company where nice but they took a long time to get back to you after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions like name a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

First round interview, laid-back interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

2 interviews in person. One on college campus and one at St. Paul location. The interviews were one on one and there where also group interviewsa. One phone interview before

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2013.

I filled out an application online and a few weeks later received an email asking for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes with mostly general questions about my resume and experience in the industry. Nothing hard and nothing I couldn't answer off the top of my head. A few weeks later I got a call asking for an in person interview but turned it down because I had already found a job at that point.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where something didn't turn out as expected   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2012.

Had a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the recruiter advised they would be passing on 5 resumes to the hiring manager to review along with candidate ranking. There were then in person interviews with 4 other people (HR and various managers).

Interview Questions
    • Asked how specifically I improved a process and/or project that I worked on. Question aimed to find out how independent you are and whether you are continually working to improve your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2011.

Both of the hiring managers I interviewed with were very nice. The interview questions were very typically behavioral questions for the most part. Come prepared with some information about the company and the business segment you are interviewing for, it will impress your interviewer(s).

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

I received an on campus interview with Travelers. It was a short and basic interview. It lasted about 30 mins. There were 2 people in the room asking questions. Basic questions such as why do you to join Travelers and etc.

Interview Questions
    • What are skills you think are important to underwriting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2009.

The interviewer asked pretty standard questions. I was not too excited about the job but gave it a good effort. The recruiter never responded to me or a couple of my friends that also interviewed. She just left us hanging.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   View Answer

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2009.

Applied online, had a 30 minute phone screen with HR and was invited for an in-person interview.

Was interviewed by 2 people. Hiring manager and unit manager. About a 2 hour interview. They made it sound like I was going to be brought back in for a 2nd and 3rd at the same time (was out of town and relocating). I NEVER heard back from them. No phone call, email, or letter saying I was no longer considered. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. Explain a time where you took a negative situation and turned it into a positive. Stuff like that.   Answer Question
    • Describe your weaknesses. Describe your strengths.   Answer Question