Travelex

Travelex Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Travelex.

Unorganized and SLOW. They delayed all aspects of the interviews and offer and then even gave incorrect offer letters to employees. In fact they were surprised that some of the candidates were still interested in moving ahead after how they treated them.

Interview Questions
    • Do they have their act together? Also, they NEVER spoke of compensation even when asked until the offer was made. A lot of wasted time for the applicant as they were not in the right ballpark.   Answer Question
    • They asked "why do you want to work here". Who knew after how they acted in the interview process????   Answer Question
    They negotiated a little but very poorly. I was interested in the role and looked at the upside. Sadly there never turned out to be any but surely there was a downside!

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Travelex.

Technical+ Manager+HR. These are the Rounds can a candidate expect in the interview. Hiring process is very good and transparent.Very good HR Team .Frequent feedback from HR team. In techincal Interview pleases claer your basics as the Interviewer are technically sound. Good Technical question are asked to candidate

Travel Money Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex in July 2014.

After applying for the job online it took a couple of days before I was contacted by a member of the recruitment team to set up a meeting later in the week. The meeting itself took place in an Asda where Travelex operates. It was a fairly informal 45 minute interview, more like a chat than anything. The first 15 minutes were taken up by a relatively simple test about exchange rates, world currencies and the services the company provides. Following that there were some basic interview questions - Why Travelex? What would you bring to the role? How would you increase sales? - but it was fairly easy going. To my knowledge, 50 people applied for the position, 10 people were shortlisted, four went for an interview and there was only one job. I was offered the job the following day despite being told it would take a week.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your favourite and least favourite part of the job?   Answer Question
    I think the pay is £6.40 or £6.50 based on experience and I got £6.50 with little retail experience. (Less than one year.)

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex.

I got an interview from a Senior Manager. And they showed me clearly what was expected from the job I was applying. They did a profound check on my personality and what I expected to be working at this company. They gave me a clear understanding of what was expected of me and if I was willing to do it.. And that the work was done in the early morning from 6:00 AM till 2:00 PM and other days starting from 02:00 PM till 10:00 PM and that I have to work on Saturdays and Sundays

Interview Questions
    • That it was not a problem to travel so far from home to the Brussels Airport (where Travelex is locatede)   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex in June 2013.

3 round of interview, 1st initial telephonic, 2nd F2F or Skype technical and finally Managerial
    First round is a sort of screening just to check if candidate is good enough or not.

i got what i asked for as i was asking very reasonable (my previous package was not that high)

Travel Money Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelex in May 2013.

Promising interview process, TL contacted and arranged interview speedily and made me feel at ease throughout the whole process, logical format of questions.

Interview Questions
    Easy, TL called that afternoon, offered me the position and I took it over 2 other job offers as it seemed ideal.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex.

One technical round followed by a managerial round, next is a round with the managers in the UK and finally the HR round.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Travelex.

Initially applied via their website. Where you go through their own application process. You're given a quick maths test in which you can use a calculator.

After a week and a half you're emailed or phoned. You may or may not be invited for an interview. The interview dates are rather strict. So make sure you know what your plans are a few weeks in advance.

I met with the Area Manager who was very friendly, outgoing and rather casual. It was in an airport so we had a brief conversation about how the interview will go, in one of the airport's cafes. I did a 30 minutes maths and foreign currency test (which you are told all about previously in an email which tells you about all the interview details, meetup times and more). After the test we talk about previous experience with customer satisfaction, complains and customer environments in previous job experience. Then we go over some details of the shifts involved and what you need to provide for later confirmation of your place in the company.

A few days later they call you. The recruitment manager was very friendly and also quite casual. She sent me an email with further information about references and additional information i need to give.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a customer, who does not know how much money to take abroad?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelex in August 2012.

First I was contacted by an HR person, who took a short interview and sent me an email to take an assessment test. After I took the aseessment, I passed and she called back after one day. She has arranged for an interview with the Sales manager of the store. During the interview, the manager asked about previous customer service, and KPIs and behavioural questions. I used STAR method while answering these questions. Few days after the interview, I was called by the HR person, and she said I have been successful in the interview but she requires two referee contact details and that they are doing a background check on me. I gave to her the contacts. I immediately contacted my two referees to remind them of my employment with them and that they will be contacted by Travelex HR. This took almost a week, I have no idea why it took her that long. Anyway I received an approval letter by post which included all details about my employment with them and also informed which date to be present in the store for training.

Interview Questions
    • "I see that you have stuck around in most companies for a less period of time, what made you leave those jobs. Please explain."   Answer Question
    Negotiated the work timings. As this position was at the airport, they were open 24/7. Hence had to talk about shifts. And they were pretty okay about it.

Marketing Director Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Travelex in February 2011.

Phone interview was great. Very personable, made me feel excited about the position. In-person interview was another story - interviewer was only in town for the day, set up in a storage-room and seemed to wonder why she had to meet with me.

Office was a bit outdated and disorganized. Didn't see many people beyond reception and the interviewer.

Questions were all standard fare about experiences, strengths & weaknesses...

Interview Questions
    • You don't seem to have any B2B experience, do you see that as a concern?   Answer Question