Travelex Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Travelex.

Unorganized and SLOW. They delayed all aspects of the interviews and offer and then even gave incorrect offer letters to employees. In fact they were surprised that some of the candidates were still interested in moving ahead after how they treated them.

Interview Questions
    • Do they have their act together? Also, they NEVER spoke of compensation even when asked until the offer was made. A lot of wasted time for the applicant as they were not in the right ballpark.   Answer Question
    • They asked "why do you want to work here". Who knew after how they acted in the interview process????   Answer Question
    They negotiated a little but very poorly. I was interested in the role and looked at the upside. Sadly there never turned out to be any but surely there was a downside!

Travel Money Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelex.

I submitted an online application, then had a phone call inviting me to a face-to-face interview. Interview was relaxed but professional. There was a quick test before the interview to assess maths skills and currency knowledge. If you have a GCSE in maths this will not be a problem for you. I would advise that you do some research on global currencies before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions centered around customer service.   View Answer

Conversion Rate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Travelex in February 2015.

Interview was arranged quickly via recruitment agency. I was told I'd be meeting three people, but not whether that would be simultaneously or consecutively. Turned out to be the latter, but 3rd person was on holiday that week, which was a little strange. Both interviewers were friendly and interviews were relaxed and conversational - the first included an exercise analysing conversion funnel data and making recommendations about what was happening in the process and where I would prioritise optimisation. Learned a few days later from recruiter that I'd made it through to second round and I received helpful feedback from the interviews; however, things then went very quiet and, on chasing the recruiter, I learned that some candidates with more relevant experience had come through and my second interview was never arranged. Communication wasn't great, but I don't know how much of that was down to the external recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Explain what might be happening in this conversion funnel and where would you prioritise optimisation?   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Travelex in October 2014.

Telephonic, followed by face to face, multiple rounds, none happened on time, response took longer, interviewers seems to be busy all time (could see 6 other candidates waiting for someone to call them) when I was there for 4 hours. Was asked to sit in room and then interviewer left for almost an hour

Interview Questions
    • Current job, aspiration, technical liason with customer etc   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Travelex.

Technical+ Manager+HR. These are the Rounds can a candidate expect in the interview. Hiring process is very good and transparent.Very good HR Team .Frequent feedback from HR team. In techincal Interview pleases claer your basics as the Interviewer are technically sound. Good Technical question are asked to candidate

Travel Money Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex in July 2014.

After applying for the job online it took a couple of days before I was contacted by a member of the recruitment team to set up a meeting later in the week. The meeting itself took place in an Asda where Travelex operates. It was a fairly informal 45 minute interview, more like a chat than anything. The first 15 minutes were taken up by a relatively simple test about exchange rates, world currencies and the services the company provides. Following that there were some basic interview questions - Why Travelex? What would you bring to the role? How would you increase sales? - but it was fairly easy going. To my knowledge, 50 people applied for the position, 10 people were shortlisted, four went for an interview and there was only one job. I was offered the job the following day despite being told it would take a week.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your favourite and least favourite part of the job?   Answer Question
    I think the pay is £6.40 or £6.50 based on experience and I got £6.50 with little retail experience. (Less than one year.)

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex.

I got an interview from a Senior Manager. And they showed me clearly what was expected from the job I was applying. They did a profound check on my personality and what I expected to be working at this company. They gave me a clear understanding of what was expected of me and if I was willing to do it.. And that the work was done in the early morning from 6:00 AM till 2:00 PM and other days starting from 02:00 PM till 10:00 PM and that I have to work on Saturdays and Sundays

Interview Questions
    • That it was not a problem to travel so far from home to the Brussels Airport (where Travelex is locatede)   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex in June 2013.

3 round of interview, 1st initial telephonic, 2nd F2F or Skype technical and finally Managerial
    First round is a sort of screening just to check if candidate is good enough or not.

i got what i asked for as i was asking very reasonable (my previous package was not that high)

Travel Money Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelex in May 2013.

Promising interview process, TL contacted and arranged interview speedily and made me feel at ease throughout the whole process, logical format of questions.

Interview Questions
    Easy, TL called that afternoon, offered me the position and I took it over 2 other job offers as it seemed ideal.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelex.

One technical round followed by a managerial round, next is a round with the managers in the UK and finally the HR round.