Travelocity

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelocity.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice, first with just one person and the second time with the same person and his boss. I didn't think the boss liked me but just turned out he was having a bad morning and didn't want to sit in the interview. Very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. I was overdressed in a suit and tie but I'd recommend wearing one even though the corporate culture is business casual.

Interview Question – What does work life balance mean to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They sent the offer via fed ex, I accepted as presented.

Director, Account Development Interview

Director, Account Development
Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelocity in February 2009.

Interview Details – Relax environment, all interviewers very engaging. The process was well organized and everyone was on time. Interview was 7 hours long and involved meeting with 8 department heads.

Interview Question – How quickly can you turn this department around?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slow, very slow.

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Senior Sales Analyst
Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelocity in October 2010.

Interview Details – (Remote position) Initially interviewed with hiring manager by phone. Then was invited to Southlake, TX to meet with various members of their executive team. Interviewed with hiring manager again, then met with about 5 others throughout the day. Casual discussions about my background and workstyle.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very strict policy that HR leads salary negotiations. Had no interactions with hiring manager until after it was completed. Sabre is not generous about salary increases and there are lots of "catches" that can prevent you from getting them (ie if you work group is too small, so it helps tremedously to be in a larger dept). Be sure your starting salary is adequate, don't count on the increase.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Java Developer - Contractor Interview

Senior Java Developer - Contractor
Southlake, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelocity in December 2010.

Interview Details – Day 1 => I applied for a couple of positions on the Sabre Holding career portal.
Day 2 => I got a mail the next day to take an online assessment.
Day 3 => I had a call from the Recruitment team asking for a phone screening.
Day 4 => Phone screening.
Day 7 => In person interview
Day 7 => Verbal confirmation.

After working there I realized that this was extremely fortunate as in most cases the recruitment process takes much time!

Interview Question – Questions in java memory handling to much detailed level. Including details of garbage collection, how algoritm works, tuning options in jvm, strong, weak, phantom references, etc. Being an experienced developer it was not difficult but unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position needed someone to join in immediately. I was immediately available but could not be taken in as a FTE. Joined as contractor, with some negotiations in rate.

Worked for Travelocity? Contribute to the Community!