Travelocity Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Interviewed twice, first with just one person and the second time with the same person and his boss. I didn't think the boss liked me but just turned out he was having a bad morning and didn't want to sit in the interview. Very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. I was overdressed in a suit and tie but I'd recommend wearing one even though the corporate culture is business casual.

Interview Questions

• What does work life balance mean to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They sent the offer via fed ex, I accepted as presented.

Senior Java Developer - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Day 1 => I applied for a couple of positions on the Sabre Holding career portal. Day 2 => I got a mail the next day to take an online assessment. Day 3 => I had a call from the Recruitment team asking for a phone screening. Day 4 => Phone screening. Day 7 => In person interview Day 7 => Verbal confirmation. After working there I realized that this was extremely fortunate as in most cases the recruitment process takes much time!

Interview Questions

• Questions in java memory handling to much detailed level. Including details of garbage collection, how algoritm works, tuning options in jvm, strong, weak, phantom references, etc. Being an experienced developer it was not difficult but unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position needed someone to join in immediately. I was immediately available but could not be taken in as a FTE. Joined as contractor, with some negotiations in rate.

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

(Remote position) Initially interviewed with hiring manager by phone. Then was invited to Southlake, TX to meet with various members of their executive team. Interviewed with hiring manager again, then met with about 5 others throughout the day. Casual discussions about my background and workstyle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very strict policy that HR leads salary negotiations. Had no interactions with hiring manager until after it was completed. Sabre is not generous about salary increases and there are lots of "catches" that can prevent you from getting them (ie if you work group is too small, so it helps tremedously to be in a larger dept). Be sure your starting salary is adequate, don't count on the increase.

Director, Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelocity (Southlake, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Relax environment, all interviewers very engaging. The process was well organized and everyone was on time. Interview was 7 hours long and involved meeting with 8 department heads.

Interview Questions

• How quickly can you turn this department around?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slow, very slow.