Travelocity

www.travelocity.com
  www.travelocity.com

Travelocity Interview Questions

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelocity.

promotes from within, many mentoring opportunities. Interview with managers and peer supervisors

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiating at this level, its a base salary and you can earn a good monthly bonus based on your teams performance

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Travelocity.

Interviewed twice, first with just one person and the second time with the same person and his boss. I didn't think the boss liked me but just turned out he was having a bad morning and didn't want to sit in the interview. Very relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. I was overdressed in a suit and tie but I'd recommend wearing one even though the corporate culture is business casual.

Interview Questions
    • What does work life balance mean to you.   View Answer
    They sent the offer via fed ex, I accepted as presented.

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelocity.

Too many interviews. I had to go through everyone and their mothers to land the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question. I thought everything was fair and as anticipated.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, but not much more.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelocity in April 2011.

Had a phone interview that went well followed by an in person interview. They acted as though they were impressed, and then said they would call me in a few days. Never heard from them and then when I followed up they said they were still in the decision process and that the would get back to me with a definitive and were in a couple days. After that I still never heard from them. I understand not getting the job, but it's unprofessional to promise a response and then just have radio silence.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an editor that published something unfavorable about Travelocity?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Travelocity in December 2010.

Day 1 => I applied for a couple of positions on the Sabre Holding career portal.
    Day 2 => I got a mail the next day to take an online assessment.
    Day 3 => I had a call from the Recruitment team asking for a phone screening.
    Day 4 => Phone screening.
    Day 7 => In person interview
    Day 7 => Verbal confirmation.

After working there I realized that this was extremely fortunate as in most cases the recruitment process takes much time!

Interview Questions
    • Questions in java memory handling to much detailed level. Including details of garbage collection, how algoritm works, tuning options in jvm, strong, weak, phantom references, etc. Being an experienced developer it was not difficult but unusual.   Answer Question
    The position needed someone to join in immediately. I was immediately available but could not be taken in as a FTE. Joined as contractor, with some negotiations in rate.

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelocity in October 2010.

(Remote position) Initially interviewed with hiring manager by phone. Then was invited to Southlake, TX to meet with various members of their executive team. Interviewed with hiring manager again, then met with about 5 others throughout the day. Casual discussions about my background and workstyle.

Interview Questions
    Very strict policy that HR leads salary negotiations. Had no interactions with hiring manager until after it was completed. Sabre is not generous about salary increases and there are lots of "catches" that can prevent you from getting them (ie if you work group is too small, so it helps tremedously to be in a larger dept). Be sure your starting salary is adequate, don't count on the increase.

Front Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Travelocity in October 2010.

Phone screen with HR/online application/computer test with virtual calls/interview with leader/offer/background check/drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were not able to meet a customer expectation.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelocity in March 2010.

Brainbench skills test on C# .NET

Director, Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelocity in February 2009.

Relax environment, all interviewers very engaging. The process was well organized and everyone was on time. Interview was 7 hours long and involved meeting with 8 department heads.

Interview Questions
    • How quickly can you turn this department around?   View Answer
    Slow, very slow.

Sales/CS Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelocity in March 2007.

It was a good experience. They have you sit with an agent to get idea of what the job will be like even before a supervisor interviews you, which is something i really liked. I only had the one interview it was in the morning and by late afternoon they called to offer me a postion, which I did accept.

It is pretty straight foward in what they offer so there is no negotiations.