Travelodge Hotels (UK)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Oxford, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) in January 2013.

Interview Details – There isn't one, they have literally no HR guidance and will try their luck with anyone who walks through the door who is fooled by them, they will promise you a decent hourly rate once they got u , min wage, they generally employ who that fancy, and the managers have a 12 month shelf life so they are all inexperienced with no qualifications and the place is like a disorganised school yard, with managers that would never be employed elsewhere having a power trip ! So the interview process is like oh you'll do !

Interview Question – How many shifts will you work!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was desperate for a job after working there 6 months I quit ! Being poor and unemployed would be less degrading, there isn't a negotiation it's there's a job and we will only pay this now we have you here , although u don't find this out until u get your pay slip and your screwed. , do not trust them !

Receptionist Vacancy Or So I Thought Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview Details – Applied online through the jobcentreplus website. Called me within a week to arrange an interview for the next day.

I accepted the interview offer & arrived early. I was given a personality test on a form to complete & a job application form.

Interviews were taking place in the cafe area by two members of staff. Infront of other candidates waiting....?

He went on to explain the job role was a bar member , i replied i hadn't applied for bar staff. But front of house receptionist job. He said job centre had messed this up No receptionist job was available . but a 8 hour position doing bar work & prepping food.

I sadly wasn't looking for this so i politely declined & left. As my skills & experience isn't suitable for this role.

Team Member Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) in August 2012.

Interview Details – its based on customer services and business based

Interview Question – to handle the situatiion   Answer Question

Lodge Manager Interview

Farringdon, England (UK)

Interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK)

Interview Details – Scanty but personal enough to gauge working exposure.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work on 18hr shifts iff required.?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation from either side at all.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Staines, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) in June 2012.

Interview Details – I only gave 1 interview and they took about 20 days in total for everything. And then straight away after i have got selected and that was really amazingly done by the company.
Nice management with lots of experiences.

Interview Question – How can you improve our business with your responsibilities?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Travelodge Hotels (UK)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelodge Hotels (UK) interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelodge Hotels (UK) employees and interview candidates.