Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelodge Hotels (UK)

Receptionist Nights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a telephone interview 2 days later, a day after that I got a call to go for a interview in 4 days times, went to the interview and a hour later got a call to be offered the job! Over all the whole thing was less stressful than I thought it was going to be, as I've not had a interview in a while I felt anxious but didn't need to be in the end as they were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to the company?   1 Answer
    • Give me a example of a tough workload and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • What's your biggest achievement this year, personal or work related ?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A week later received a call for an interview. The interview continued for about 20 minutes, pretty straightforward. Typical questions - Tell me about yourself? Biggest accomplishment? How would I describe myself in 3 words. Some questions on customer service, and my experience that is relevant to the position. I was told if I was successful I would receive a call the following week. They called me 4 hours later to offer me the position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your biggest accomplishment? How would you describe yourself in 3 words? What do I expect from the company?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

Completed an online application. A week later I was invited to interview. I was only given a days notice for interview, but luckily had a clear schedule. A week after interview, I was given a phonecall and I accepted employment. Very polite interviewer and very generic questions.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions like "Tell me of a time when you gave good customer service". Interviewer has access to processed data from online application questions. Your answers are analysed by the computer and give a generic summary of yourself. "Interviewee is more likely to be focused than distracted" etc.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Nottingham, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I first applied to the job online. They rejected me however a couple days later I got a phone call asking me if I was available for a telephone interview.After passing the telephone interview, the week later I went to the actual interview. The interviewer was really friendly and asking basic question such as how I acted in certain situations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

Applied online through the jobcentreplus website. Called me within a week to arrange an interview for the next day. I accepted the interview offer & arrived early. I was given a personality test on a form to complete & a job application form. Interviews were taking place in the cafe area by two members of staff. Infront of other candidates waiting....? He went on to explain the job role was a bar member , i replied i hadn't applied for bar staff. But front of house receptionist job. He said job centre had messed this up No receptionist job was available . but a 8 hour position doing bar work & prepping food. I sadly wasn't looking for this so i politely declined & left. As my skills & experience isn't suitable for this role.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

There isn't one, they have literally no HR guidance and will try their luck with anyone who walks through the door who is fooled by them, they will promise you a decent hourly rate once they got u , min wage, they generally employ who that fancy, and the managers have a 12 month shelf life so they are all inexperienced with no qualifications and the place is like a disorganised school yard, with managers that would never be employed elsewhere having a power trip ! So the interview process is like oh you'll do !

Interview Questions

• How many shifts will you work!   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was desperate for a job after working there 6 months I quit ! Being poor and unemployed would be less degrading, there isn't a negotiation it's there's a job and we will only pay this now we have you here , although u don't find this out until u get your pay slip and your screwed. , do not trust them !

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted two parts. First, a bit long questionnaire must have been done. Behavioural questions mainly. Secondly, came the oral part which was quick and quite relaxed. It based on basic questions about previous job experiences and some simple situational ones. The hotel manager was the sole interviewer, he was friendly and the whole process was quite relaxed. Approx 15 mins after we'd finished he handed me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came to the desk complaining about noisy neighbours?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (London, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

its based on customer services and business based

Lodge Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farringdon, England (UK)

Interview

Scanty but personal enough to gauge working exposure.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work on 18hr shifts iff required.?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation from either side at all.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Staines, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

I only gave 1 interview and they took about 20 days in total for everything. And then straight away after i have got selected and that was really amazingly done by the company. Nice management with lots of experiences.

Interview Questions

• How can you improve our business with your responsibilities?   1 Answer