Travelport

Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Interview

Communications
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelport in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online using Travelport's required application process, which was fairly straightforward and not time intensive. About two weeks later, I received an e-mail from the HR manager, which actually was sent around midnight or 1 a.m. that day. We scheduled a phone call to take place a few days later. He provided an overview of the role and then proceeded to ask me a bank of rather routine questions. At the conclusion, he informed me of the company benefits and salary range for the role. I was informed that I had answered the questions satisfactorily and that my details would be passed along to the hiring manager. I never heard from them anymore (more than a month afterwards).

Interview Question – General questions - nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelport in May 2013.

Interview Details – One brief phone interview that essentially confirmed my resume information, then one in person interview. The main interview was around an hour and was panel style with two department directors and the manager you will potentially work for present. The atmosphere was friendly and engaging seeking to give both sides as much information as possible to allow both to determine if it was a good fit. A section of the interview near the end consisted of brain-teaser type exercises to test lateral and creative thinking. It was thorough without being excessive and left me with a very good impression of the company.

Interview Question – You have a 3 and a 5 gallon jug, how do you get exactly 4 gallons?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The opportunity for negotiation came when the HR rep made the phone call to offer the job. She made the official verbal offer, went briefly over benefits, and then named a starting salary asking it that sounded good. Negotiations began there and ended during that phone call with an acceptance. That was followed a few days later with a written offer and the details we had agreed on during the call

Software Development Interview

Software Development
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Travelport in May 2011.

Interview Details – From what I have gathered from other people who are hired the interviews are different from person to person. Some people were given a basic logic and problem solving test, others a vanilla interview and some a technical interview to get a feel the potential employee's skill levels. HR is a bit slow at processing the paperwork.

Interview Question – These can vary from "What is your greatest weakness", "Explain the steps of grub loader" to "Mary is 5 years older than Bob, Bob is half the age of Frank, Frank is 8, How old is Mary?" type of questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This came rather quickly after the 3rd interview

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelport in November 2009.

Interview Details – Changes quickly as job needs are identified.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to start with 4 weeks vacation.

Pricing Manager Interview

Pricing Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelport in April 2009.

Interview Details – Screening interview with hr and then face to face with hiring manager. Offer in 24hours.

Interview Question – None.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got the salary and sign on bonus as well.

Customer Support Service and Executive Interview

Customer Support Service and Executive
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelport.

Interview Details – its about experience in the travel industry, the knowledge in the travel industry

Interview Question – Do i know cryptic entries to Galileo .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – its was quick , one and done.

Software Internship Interview

Software Internship

Interviewed at Travelport

Interview Details – Good and Kind!

Interview Question – Do you know C#, tell me about it?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

Interviewed at Travelport

Interview Details – HR phone call, tech phone call; face to face with HR and tech mgt.

Interview Question – How to work with off shore resources.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do homework upfront - tough to negotiate after that.

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Senior Product Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Travelport in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone screening with HR - general stuff - no surprises
1 onsite interview with team - generic interview questions "Where do you see yourself in 5 years", "Tell me about a stressful situation at a job and how you resolved it".

Interview Question – Do you find yourself more detailed when documenting or less detailed and more collaborative?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They came in very low as the salary was misrepresented by the recruiter. I countered with another 10% and they took it without hesitation.

Worked for Travelport? Contribute to the Community!