Travelport Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelport in May 2015.

Interview

We had a 3 person conference call interview where they asked about my background and experience. They asked about the languages and frameworks I'd listed on my resume and explained what skills/tools they would be using on the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelport (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

A few calls with an HR rep, then a phone interview setup with hiring manager. The call consisted of the hiring manager, your mentor, and other people on the team you will be working with. They asked basic questions to confirm your resume and then gave you a project description. They asked questions on how you go about solving problems and about programming experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about solving problems?   Answer Question
    • When your code is not working how do you go about fixing it?   Answer Question
    • When no one is available for help what will you do to try and solve the problem on your own?   Answer Question
    • Give us some of your programming experience and projects you worked on.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online using Travelport's required application process, which was fairly straightforward and not time intensive. About two weeks later, I received an e-mail from the HR manager, which actually was sent around midnight or 1 a.m. that day. We scheduled a phone call to take place a few days later. He provided an overview of the role and then proceeded to ask me a bank of rather routine questions. At the conclusion, he informed me of the company benefits and salary range for the role. I was informed that I had answered the questions satisfactorily and that my details would be passed along to the hiring manager. I never heard from them anymore (more than a month afterwards).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process overall was fairly easy. The focus of it was more of a gauge to see how well you know the foundations of computer science. They started off with a phone interview with two managers from different departments and seeing how you fit more culturally and just to ask you about your background given your resume. Then I went in for an in person interview where they ask you more technical foundational questions and trying to get a feel of what you do and do not know. Overall though it wasn't too bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a couple of different data structures that would would use for different types of scenarios.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

One brief phone interview that essentially confirmed my resume information, then one in person interview. The main interview was around an hour and was panel style with two department directors and the manager you will potentially work for present. The atmosphere was friendly and engaging seeking to give both sides as much information as possible to allow both to determine if it was a good fit. A section of the interview near the end consisted of brain-teaser type exercises to test lateral and creative thinking. It was thorough without being excessive and left me with a very good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a 3 and a 5 gallon jug, how do you get exactly 4 gallons?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The opportunity for negotiation came when the HR rep made the phone call to offer the job. She made the official verbal offer, went briefly over benefits, and then named a starting salary asking it that sounded good. Negotiations began there and ended during that phone call with an acceptance. That was followed a few days later with a written offer and the details we had agreed on during the call

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was very quick...had a recruiter interview and filled out a personality questionnaire. 2 days later, Got a onsite with the hiring manager for a 1 hour meeting that ended up being 2 hours. A few days later, had a 30 min phone interview with the VP. Was offered a job a week later and after some negotiating, we met a good #.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Travel Industry?   1 Answer

Senior Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelport (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a series of meetings with various members of the teams and was asked technical questions in each area. I was then asked scenario and personal questions. They gave me a chance to ask questions as well. The one that sold me was I asked what they would change about their current role if they could. The engineers all loved their current job and raved about it. (usually when I have asked this, at other companies, people start ranting and let me know to RUN AWAY)

Interview Questions

• 13. What’s the difference between Diffie-Hellman and RSA?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Kansas City, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

From what I have gathered from other people who are hired the interviews are different from person to person. Some people were given a basic logic and problem solving test, others a vanilla interview and some a technical interview to get a feel the potential employee's skill levels. HR is a bit slow at processing the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• These can vary from "What is your greatest weakness", "Explain the steps of grub loader" to "Mary is 5 years older than Bob, Bob is half the age of Frank, Frank is 8, How old is Mary?" type of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This came rather quickly after the 3rd interview

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

Changes quickly as job needs are identified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to start with 4 weeks vacation.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelport (Langley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

it was normal interview. nothing much to say here... I have to keep writing as it will not let me submit review. nothing else to say. it was phone and then face to face. asking about skills and what you have done on CV etc

Interview Questions

• now the nature of the organization and appropriate terminology. Not all employing organizations are "companies." Governmental agencies and not-for-profit organizations are not accurately referred to as companies. Most educational institutions are not for-profit (although some are), and may call themselves schools, colleges, universities, institutions, etc. Some for-profit organizations may call themselves firms or businesses or agencies. You will appear more prepared if you use appropriate terminology as used by the specific organization.   1 Answer