Trayport

Updated Aug 17, 2014

2.9

Applications Support Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trayport in August 2014.

Interview was relaxed but a little unprofessional at times. The test comprised of mostly networking questions and you had to provide as much info as possible, The are also questions on some of the tools that they use

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trayport in February 2014.

The initial communication about the role and its details took place with a recruiter from client server company. I told the recruiter from day one that I am looking for 60k, and nothing less than that. She was fine with that and she actually advertised the role on 65k on some websites. After the initial CV exchange and a talk about my past experience and suitability, she forwarded my CV. Trayport liked it and called for a telephone interview.

It was probably more than 30 minutes, and if i remember correctly, almost 45 minutes technical interview. Once i cleared that interview, they asked me to come for face to face interviews in their London liverpool office. The interview started with a written test followed by interview with a test lead and another senior engineer. They were quiet friendly and hospitable. The whole process took about 2-3 hours.

The office was fairly clean and well lit. I was interviewed in a meeting room undisturbed. So the whole interview was well planned. At times though, the interview felt boring. The work culture described by the interviewers in both interviews was fun but I didn't find them humorous or any members of the teams outside having much fun. Normally, some parts of the office are dedicated for games room etc. I didn't see any.

After the interview, the recruiter called me and said they like you but they want me to ask you if you are flexible with your salary expectation. I said NO since they were only offering 55k. The recruiter also mentioned that if I agree on salary expectation, there will be another round of interview with more senior members of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • A riddle, something like you have three boxes, one is labelled red only, one blue only and one red and blue. You are being told that labels are not correct. How many balls at minimum you need to draw to find which box contains what colour of balls?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trayport in June 2013.

I applied with my CV through an agent, and was selected for a telephone interview. The person interviewing was quite new to the organisation but seemed structured, polite and professional. He explained the structure of the interview and explained that the interview was to explore cultural fit. He then explained about the company and products, which I had expected to be asked about. I did not pass the telephone interview but the following stages included a small panel interview, followed by an HR interview and then a chat with the COO.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I delivered quality and efficiency breakthroughs when running multiple simultaneous projects.   Answer Question

Contract Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trayport in October 2012.

Vetted by agent and then had to do a technical test on the phone. Was then invited to a face to face with a technical manager and a technical lead. Apprehensive having read Trayport staff comments. My experience echoed existing staff comments about Trayport Tech Lead's experience.

Interview Questions
    • You have 20 minutes to a write a syntactically correct program in C# that will create all the possible letter/word combinations of a telephone key pad for a 7 digit number. You are not allowed to use a pen and paper. You are not allowed to use Visual Studio, but an editor we provide, however it must work correctly when we run it in Visual Studio.

Both interviewers watching me and making notes.

Interview question was not prepared but hastily typed up by tech lead who had a poor grasp of written English, I had to help him correct his question several times. The editor they gave me was poor and had its own learning curve which I doubt they scoped in.

A decent question ruined by ill thought and pointless caveats.

View Answers (3)

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trayport in September 2012.

A recruiter contacted me booked a phone interview. The company cancelled the interview a few days before it was due to take place - they had picked someone already.

I understand it is important to fill positions quickly, but this is bad practice, and has wasted a good few hours of my time, since I was all prepared for the interview. Trayport should at least have had the courtesy to go through the motions having booked the interview

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me - what would you say if Trayport ask what salary you are on? A weird question.   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trayport in April 2012.

Face to face with a lady and then a man with an Irish accent.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me how I'd manage their clients in particular scenarios or with certain issues. Looked like they's had problems before with clients and wanted to see if from my experience I could handle it better.   Answer Question

I declined as I felt they would be too arrogant to work for. Felt that they knew everything about client management and it was all about selling more to existing clients. I disagree on this.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trayport in May 2011.

The interview consisted of different types of questions, completely unrelated to the role applied for. Minimum was expected on the job spec but more questions were asked in the interview.

It contained a skills test which contained programming and some other IQ questions. This part was pretty easy and the interview was cordial but for some reason did not work out.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trayport in June 2010.

Tecnical test coverring : Windows XP ,2003 server TCP/IP and SQL server

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trayport in November 2009.

Phone interview consisting of C++ knowledge/trivia and some design patterns.
    Face to face, 30 min test, 30 min to talk through it. The interviewers pretended to be junior programmers and really forced me to justify my answers.

Final stage with architecture question and more general questions.

Interview Questions
    I asked for relocation. I got £1000 to be receipted - this covered my costs.

C++ Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trayport in November 2009.

all possible C++ questions like const, copy constructor, multithreads, difference between vector and array , exception handling...All the questions were fairly simple and straight.....i managed to answer all of them...Then they asked me about deadlocks in multithread ...though i have faced the scenario multiple times, i was not able to explain properly...so, i think they have rejected me...