Treasury Wine Estates

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

IT Manager-Commercial Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates.

Was a temp hired to full time. Didn't really have an interview was a temporary employee who was hired to a lower level CSR roll then was mentored by Sr VP and promoted.

Didn't negotiate

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates.

Face-face interview with a panel consisting of the project team occurred after one telephone screening. I drove to their USA headquarters in Napa in the afternoon. The interview was set for 4:30 pm so that the Australia team could attend at a reasonable hours. They were seated in a conference room with one individual on a screen from Adelaide.

From the start it was a bit stiff and we all tried to break the ice by talking about the recent earthquake. I was looking for opportunities to be friendly and make small talk, and everyone seemed to be calm and in a good mood. But the body language was not very lubricated.

They started by asking whether I had any questions based on what we had talked about the previous time, and I asked some project-specific questions, which they answered. It was challenging to pay attention and try to remember all of the information all four of them delivered, including them telling me their roles and responsibilities.

Some of their questions got somewhat formal (looking for specific knowhow and change management experience). My answers were good and accurate, but I sensed that they were seeking the warm and fuzzy from me.

Sometimes they talked about elements they had already mentioned to me, so I was concerned whether they thought I hadn't been listening the first time. I had taken notes so I tried to include some of the information that they'd already shared so they wouldn't feel as though they were repeating themselves.

Some of the formal questions they asked included:

Tell me about a project you've worked on that involved introducing new technology to people.
        Tell me the path that a person (employee) experiences through Change Management.
        Give me some examples from your experience when you received strong push back or resistance.
        Tell me about something you did to remediate a project.
        Why would you want to work on this particular gig?
        What is your work style?

Each of my answers received a probing follow up question, which I enjoyed.
    We talked about how we would work together as a team, weekly meetings and materials, and what they would need me to do right out of the gate. The whole interview was about an hour, maybe a little more.

The ending of the interview was a bit flat. After they told me they would be wrapping up...by interviewing other folks. Neither of us had any further questions and we thanked each other and I left. I did not make a "closing statement".

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. They would often ask for details based on my initial answer.   Answer Question

Associate Manager, Events Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in September 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward and quick. All personnel were very friendly and easy to talk to. I also felt very supported throughout the entire process. I was constantly contacted to check in and see how everything was going. It made the transition into the company very smooth.

During the transition from hired to beginning day one I felt a little lost as to what my next steps would be. I thought I would meet with the person who delivered my offer letter to go over the next steps, etc... I think it is important to have a follow up conversation prior to day one to make the new hire aware of the items to bring on the first day (social or passport, voided check for direct deposit, etc.). This is the time where they can be informed that they are meeting with HR next to do this, that and this.

Overall my experience was wonderful. I am happy to be a new employee of TWE.

Yes I was able to mention items that were important to me. There were other items I did not think to mention and wish I had. However, the team I work with is very flexible and easy to work with.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in September 2014.

I was originally contacted by phone for a screening/interview. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager. I was told that I would hear something back within a week or so. I followed up with a thank you letter to the hiring manager and an email to the HR contact expressing my interest in the position. I never heard anything back from anyone, completely unprofessional.

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in December 2013.

Initial interview was good. Made me feel confortable and good personality from interviewer. 2nd interview felt very uncomfortable with the new Plant Manager. Seems to have a bad attitude and quiet. Most of the interview was driven from the other individuals on the panel.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in October 2013.

Connected with company through LinkedIn which led to interview with Human Resources and a phone conversation with their Finance Lead. This led to two in person interviews within the Finance Department. The in person interviews were with the Finance Lead and my eventual supervisor. This was followed by an offer. The process took three months.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be comfortable performing the duties of the project. The interviewer was concerned that the day to day work would put me in an unfamiliar work flow.   View Answer
    Yes, there was room for negotiation.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates.

Four interviews. Great people.

no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in May 2011.

HR phone interview if make it to next round, in person with HR and 1-4 managers from different areas

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about your experience with certain situations and how you handled them, really looking for details on being proactive and thinking outside the box.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in January 2011.

Took over 6 interviews before they decided

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected unexpected was when I got hired and they said-oh your also hired to run this team   View Answer

Direct Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Treasury Wine Estates in November 2010.

contacted by in-house recruiter who sourced me from LinkedIn; met with recruiter, then 8 separate 1:1 interviews spanned over 2 weeks. Offer made which was $20$ less than was posted in job description and 1 month delay to start; Background and drug test and the began work approx 3 months from start of process.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I , after 10 years of working on my own desire to join a corporate organization?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this job that others before you did not?   Answer Question
    No flexibility at all, even after I mentioned discrepancy in posted range to actual salary offer.