Trend Micro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.1

IP Counsel Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Trend Micro.

Interview

Pretty low key. Met with general counsel and one other attorney. Both were very friendly and easy going and provided a lot of insight into the company and the role.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trend Micro in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was straight forward. First technical skills phone screening, then on site interview with two people. Parking can be tricky, so arriving nice and early is best. Be yourself and be personable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have them a number and, although they couldn't match it, they didn't counter too low.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Trend Micro.

Interview

There were 4 people who interviewed, a manager then a senior manager followed by two other people from different departments. Interviews were mostly a walk through of the resume followed by behavioral questions. Did not hear back after multiple follow up emails.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trend Micro.

Interview

Two phone screens, Two in person interviews. Didn't like the fact they insisted on meeting me twice in person, causing me to spend several hours commuting in traffic, only to be told I wasn't an aggressive enough personality for the position. Beware of this when accepting in person interviews with them.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trend Micro in December 2014.

Interview

Dreadful. U have to ready good amount of presentation for the interview. And asking u all their hot sale or new products . After u have the interview with HR then the management level. It takes weeks to settle down the hiring process. Even they will give u the verbally hiring conversation but still take a week or so to have finalized confirmation and contract.

Regional Acct Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trend Micro.

Interview

Very simple hiring process. First meeting was a run through of my work history, education and expectations. Second was to calrify compensation expectation. Third was to offer me the job. Negative was there was no training after hire which has since changed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Trend Micro.

Interview

Interviewed Q1-2014. Initial interview was a phone screen by the hiring manager and the follow up was an in-person interview at their offices. Position was for a remote location/work from home. After the in-person interview I meet with the local sales representative who I would be working with. None of the questions were particularly difficult or challenging. I just answered them as I always would. They seemed a little pressed for time during the in-person.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation was the requirement to deliver a 15 minute presentation to the hiring team. They wanted it to be on their product line, so it required some significant research into their products, marketing, positioning and goals.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trend Micro (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

Interview in Cupertino, CA. Interviewed by Senior Architects and Software Engineers. Most of the interview is on relevant implementation and product questions - e.g. high performance proxies, cloud security paradigms etc. Some questions also cover standard computer science questions e.g. sort/search etc. Very pleasant group team. There is no in your face attitude here. People are very respectful and have a very positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Explain the 10K limit in threading for Linux performance. Also explain event driven architectures such as epoll etc. Be prepared to whiteboard code snippets and explain your reasoning.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straightforward and pleasant. Good group of people.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

This was very painless and without confusion

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trend Micro (East Orange, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

I was already an employee at Trend Micro. Found out about the opportunity internally. Was already very technical with the Trend Micro products. Interviewed with a couple different regional Sales Engineer managers.

Interview Questions

• Mostly around how to handle interactions with difficult or defensive customers... As well as interactions with potential challenging Sales Reps   Answer Question