Trend Micro

3.2

Inside Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Trend Micro in July 2010.

Three interviews,1 phone and two in-person interviews

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you face when building your pipeline.   Answer Question
    minimal, they did not negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trend Micro in March 2009.

Had about 4 people to talk to face to face, this is after speaking to 3 people on the phone.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro.

Found the job advertisement on line and directly applied. There were two rounds of interviews, first the technical lead and manager, and then hiring director. Not many deep technical questions. Most questions were related to my previous experience.

They seemed check my background fairly deeply with my school record, criminal record check, etc. Signed a lot documents but nothings were out of normal. This is an Asian company, they seem not trusting you until you could prove otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • VMWare EXSi version I used before? I could not remember since we just used VMware for supporting work.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate vacation to add a week.

Cloud Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trend Micro.

4 Exams: IQ and Logic, Grammar, Essay and Technical and two interview with the recruiter then right after it I was interviewed by one of the manager. The next day I got the offer.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Trend Micro.

Resume and cover letter screening (background check) > Request for more information > writing test > 1st interview (panel interview) > 2nd interview (1:1) > 3rd interview (hiring manager's 1:1)

Interview Questions
    • If you work for Apple and you handle product design, how can you improve the iPhone experience?   Answer Question

Team fit

Software Developer Interview

Good place and nice receptor, 1 hour meeting with a developer/manager, asked algorithm questions: implement a certain algorithm using one of your best programming languages, asked my previous experience in details, they care more about those experience relating to their work. comparing with behavioral questions, they ask more technical questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trend Micro in August 2014.

1. C++ questions on papers. Answer the questions in pencil and pens.
     First several questions are to find bugs, syntax errors, and logic errors in a C++ function.
      Explain C++ Virtual Destructor.
     Last two questions are to implement C++ functions.
    2. Two managers interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. C++ Question: Find first non-repeating char in an input string. For example:
       If inputStr == "Trend Micro Inc. Taipei", then the func returns 'd'.
       If inputStr == "Trend", then the func returns 'T'.
      2. implement func int isLeapYear(). For example:
         isLeapYear(2000) == 1; isLeapYear(1900)==0; isLeapYear(1996)==1; isLeapYear(1700)==0;
      3. What's the frequently issue/bug encountered by a Windows Driver developer.

Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trend Micro.

If you come for interview please be yourself as much as possible and be honest. Avoid putting there skills that you cannot back it up. The people there in Trend Micro are very technical and they will fry you if they catch you that you are just pretending or just assuming that you know the question. Just tell them what you know and you will be fine. In short be sure to backup it up everything you put into your resume.

Interview Questions
    • During my interview there are no difficult questions was thrown at me. Although there is one question that was asked during the end of the interview. The manager asked my this " Why we would hire you?"   Answer Question

Human Resource Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trend Micro in May 2014.

Was prep by recruiter on the recent organisation change and go in with an open mind. Also, there were up to 4 to 5 rounds of interviews and process might take awhile to firm up.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions evolving around my current employer's culture.   Answer Question

Staff Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro in May 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate HR person who screened me as expected. That communication went pretty well. There were a few hangups in the handoff process between having me speak with that person and the actual hiring staff and manager. Overall this portion of the screening process went pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't that there was a difficult for unexpected question. Rather, towards the end of the interview the hiring manager stated that I had very little software experience. I was blown away. It's very clear on my resume and I also made it very clear in my interview that the entire 15 years I have been working, that most of the work was with software. I could tell by how the manager was going on about this that I would not be offered the job. I get the feeling actually that the manager felt intimidated by my previous work history and profile, and probably felt threatened at the possibility of me coming in and perhaps taking over his job. From what I hear these months later, that manager seems to have become extremely disenchanted with the company and has subsequently left. Unfortunately many of the other reviews about this company are correspondingly very negative and reflect poorly upon the work environment within this company. I consider myself fortunate and not having been hired and was soon thereafter hired by one of their competitors. Their loss, my gain.   Answer Question