Trend Micro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

3.1

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Trend Micro in November 2010.

Friend referral, whole day interview with 6-7 people, some engineers, 1 program manager, 1 director. Asked technical questions. One gave couple pages of technical questions to answer. Questions about Linux, differences between exec and fork

Interview Questions
    • Compiler questions. Performance improvement questions for their products.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate on base salary and stock option. Promised to give better bonus.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro in September 2010.

Lots of interviews (had 8 with various individuals) with not just immediate team but team you'll potentially collaborate with, good screen process. You have a great latitude to ask alot of question regarding the position the work, and company culture

Interview Questions
    • How to you treat a confrontational customer that has issues but not communicative   Answer Question

Inside Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Trend Micro in July 2010.

Three interviews,1 phone and two in-person interviews

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you face when building your pipeline.   Answer Question
    minimal, they did not negotiate

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trend Micro in March 2009.

Had about 4 people to talk to face to face, this is after speaking to 3 people on the phone.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro.

Found the job advertisement on line and directly applied. There were two rounds of interviews, first the technical lead and manager, and then hiring director. Not many deep technical questions. Most questions were related to my previous experience.

They seemed check my background fairly deeply with my school record, criminal record check, etc. Signed a lot documents but nothings were out of normal. This is an Asian company, they seem not trusting you until you could prove otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • VMWare EXSi version I used before? I could not remember since we just used VMware for supporting work.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate vacation to add a week.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trend Micro in October 2014.

I applied as walk-in applicant. I have the exam, composed of logic and grammar, for 2 hours. After the exam, since the time is already late, we're asked to just wait for the texts if we passed or not. After two days, I received a text that I passed the exam and scheduled for an interview.

Cloud Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trend Micro.

4 Exams: IQ and Logic, Grammar, Essay and Technical and two interview with the recruiter then right after it I was interviewed by one of the manager. The next day I got the offer.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Trend Micro.

Resume and cover letter screening (background check) > Request for more information > writing test > 1st interview (panel interview) > 2nd interview (1:1) > 3rd interview (hiring manager's 1:1)

Interview Questions
    • If you work for Apple and you handle product design, how can you improve the iPhone experience?   Answer Question

Team fit

Software Developer Interview

Good place and nice receptor, 1 hour meeting with a developer/manager, asked algorithm questions: implement a certain algorithm using one of your best programming languages, asked my previous experience in details, they care more about those experience relating to their work. comparing with behavioral questions, they ask more technical questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trend Micro in August 2014.

1. C++ questions on papers. Answer the questions in pencil and pens.
     First several questions are to find bugs, syntax errors, and logic errors in a C++ function.
      Explain C++ Virtual Destructor.
     Last two questions are to implement C++ functions.
    2. Two managers interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. C++ Question: Find first non-repeating char in an input string. For example:
       If inputStr == "Trend Micro Inc. Taipei", then the func returns 'd'.
       If inputStr == "Trend", then the func returns 'T'.
      2. implement func int isLeapYear(). For example:
         isLeapYear(2000) == 1; isLeapYear(1900)==0; isLeapYear(1996)==1; isLeapYear(1700)==0;
      3. What's the frequently issue/bug encountered by a Windows Driver developer.

Answer Question