Trend Micro Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro.

Interview

Found the job advertisement on line and directly applied. There were two rounds of interviews, first the technical lead and manager, and then hiring director. Not many deep technical questions. Most questions were related to my previous experience.

They seemed check my background fairly deeply with my school record, criminal record check, etc. Signed a lot documents but nothings were out of normal. This is an Asian company, they seem not trusting you until you could prove otherwise.

Interview Questions

• VMWare EXSi version I used before? I could not remember since we just used VMware for supporting work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate vacation to add a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Trend Micro

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trend Micro (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

I got a mail directly from their technical team.Initially it was written test which mainly had questions based on unix commands ,testing e.t.c.After that there were 3 rounds of interviews within a span of a week. All the three were technical. There was no specific hr round. The mainly grilled on logical, networking, os based questions. Data structures questions were asked frequently.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro (Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)) in May 2012.

Interview

number of interviews is 2 for me.
    1 is the technical, 2 interviewers, 1 from the technical team, and 1 from the qa team.
    finally 1 from the Human resources. which then to confirm your expected salary and the negotiation and came in the job offer

Interview Questions

• nothing much is difficult as long as you have the general idea and logic of being a software engineer   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have salary bracket based on your level. My salary went down like almost 50% but accepted as computed with their annual and benefits

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trend Micro (Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked some technical questions about C/C++, Linux/Unix and OS in the first two rounds of 1:1 interview.
    During the Group Interview, six people as a group discuss about a network security issue, and one person was selected to do a presentation at the last.

Interview Questions

• the difference between fork, vfork and cron   1 Answer
    • the rationale of the dynamic resolution of virtual function   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have no oppertunity to negotiate my offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trend Micro in December 2010.

Interview

Almost whole day interview. It included personality analysis, technical questions in paper(write C++ programs), and questions about SDLC and QA process. It also included face to face interview for coding on the whiteboard several rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical questions in coding such as pointer, algorithms, ... everything is expected.   Answer Question