Treyarch

Updated Nov 6, 2014

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Treyarch

Senior Gameplay Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Treyarch in November 2014.

After applying online, I was contacted by an HR representative and scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The call was conducted in the style of a panel interview with three representatives from the game team: a technical director and two lead software engineers. Questions focused mainly on math and data types, with no coverage of design or algorithms. Over the course of the roughly half hour long interview, the panel experienced multiple technical issues with their phone or call quality and switched phones three times.

Overall, I was disappointed by the choice of a panel approach and their obvious lack of preparation for the interview. The selection of questions was a clear indication that either they had not sufficiently reviewed my resume or they use a standard process for all candidates. Most likely, it's a combination of the two. Although, they did admit to having sheets of questions and clearly struggled with which ones to ask.

Interview Questions

3D Animator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Treyarch.

I interviewed with 8 persons including PM, Animation Leads, and Team members. They were very nice and patient. The interview went pretty well but i didn't get the job. I would re-apply to them in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was to tell them an example when i do above and beyond my duty.   Answer Question