Tri-State Generation and Transmission

Updated Mar 4, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tri-State Generation and Transmission

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Westminster, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 2 weeks after applying online. The interview was scheduled a week out. I interviewed with 3 people- HR, Hiring Manager and Employee in Department. They had pre-typed questions and took turns asking. They were basic situational questions and it was very easy to carry on conversation with them.

Interview Questions

• What would your supervisor say you could improve on? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

Good process, became a permanent employee after 3 months as a temporary employee. The process was quick but I have heard that is not the case anymore. I have since then had other internal interviews and they can vary in difficulty depending on the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they do not negotitate

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission in April 2013.

Interview

Tri-State came to my college to recruit for the rotational program. I started by interviewing at the school with one recruiter. This interview took about 30 minutes and covered questions about my resume and school activities. I was then selected to go to their headquarters in Westminster, CO for second interviews. They must have had a lot of applicants because they were very selective of who got second interviews. I know a few people that had first interviews and I was the only one brought to headquarters for the second. I first interviewed with the manager of the program for about an hour. Then I interviewed with four other employees who were from different departments that I would be in during the rotation. About a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What activities are you involved in outside of school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the salary was already more than I was expecting.

Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Westminster, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Three or more months after I applied, I was asked to fill out another application because their online application system had problems, and they also wanted my resume. I sent these items. A few weeks later, I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks later, I was told an in-person panel interview would be scheduled in a couple of weeks. The in-person interview was held a few weeks later. I met with three members of the team and with the HR manager. I was there for more than 90 minutes and was told I would likely receive feedback the next week. Up to this point, the HR manager was friendly and responsive if I had questions. It's been 3.5 weeks since the in-person interview and I haven't heard anything, although I did send a brief follow-up email asking about the status of the position. I assume it went into the black hole (ignored).

After an interview with no offer, I can still be left with a good overall impression of a company, even if the interview process takes as long as this one did at Tri-State. When I hear nothing after an in-person interview, though (which seems to be an increasing trend from my research of this issue online), I am left with a very negative impression of the company and will never apply again.

Applications Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission in October 2010.

Interview

The process is an interview with the HR recruiter and then an interview with the department manager(s). There is background check and drug and alcohol screen. Expect the process to take a couple hours. The questions follow the job description.

Interview Questions

• No surprise questions. Relate your work experience to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary or flex schedule. .