TriNet Group Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group in March 2015.

It's a long process. Recruiter did the initial phone screening. Then, the hiring manager called and did his phone screening. Third round is in-person with 6 people. Fourth round is another in-person with 4 people. So, be prepared to be interviewed by about 12 people.

Fourth round was awful especially with VP-Product who was very hostile. I was wondering "did I have to jump thru all the hoops to meet this guy?".

Contract Assignment Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TriNet Group.

I was interviewed by someone through a referral, not my end supervisor, however, the two worked closely together. He was very professional, kind and asked the right questions to get to know me and see if I would be a good fit for the role. I could tell he was very experienced at this. He made me feel at ease and was not intimidating and didn't play games as so many interviewers out there do.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall anything that threw me off. It was mostly based on skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources People Transfer Lead 00257436 Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TriNet Group in January 2015.

I was contacted directly via LinkedIn by an Accenture recruiter to apply for this role. Based on my LinkedIn profile, she exclaimed I would be a great fit for the role. She matched my skills and I provided times that I would be available for my next interview. It seemed to go very well and I proceeded to the next steps and updated my resume (even though I'm not actively looking for a new job). I let the recruiter know that I am not 'actively looking' but would be open if time and money were right. It seemed to go well and she was excited to move me to the next person.

Interview Questions
    • I never got an interview as promised and instead got a rejection email saying that I wasn't qualified to begin with, even though I had been pre-screened and told I was highly qualified. It seems Accenture was just collecting my information, or it's discriminatory. There's a big disconnect.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group.

Interviewed initially with recruiter then passed along to Director of Sales, then passed along to 2 field reps then another Director of Sales and finally with VP.

Everything went fine until i spoke with VP. They coordinated with me to do a video interview in which the VP, he did not show up for the video chat instead he took my call while over the phone while he was driving. I should have known then that they do not value my time. . After that i called and tried to follow up with recruiter and Director of Sales and heard nothing for a day. He advised me he would call in 5 mins, but instead avoided my call and email. Extremely unprofessional. Finally i was able to get the Director of Sales to pick up once i called from my house line and he seemed shocked that i got through. He advised the recruiter should have called me yesterday to say i was out of the running. Which of course i did not.

Trinet should really work on their communication internally and with their candidates. Shame on the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group in November 2014.

Applied online and a few days later contacted via email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of an overview of the company, position, and to verify my resume. Received an email to set up a manager interview. Interview was like a STAR questionnaire and went over what the company was all about. Then I received another email to set up a peer interview and job shadowing. Peer interview was similar to the manager interview and job shadowing was for 30 minutes and was an opportunity to see the many applications they use. Next day I received email to visit a third party site and add five references. Four of them had to be co-workers and one had to be from a supervisor.

Retirement Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group.

First received an email regarding an interest for a Phone Screen. Spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with their recruiter. The recruiter did ask questions about ADP/TESTING and other pension related questions. This was then followed by an in person interview set within a week. The second interview occurred 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Please give examples of your qualifications and how they would relate to this position   Answer Question

Temporary Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TriNet Group in October 2014.

Submitted application online. The next day I received an email asking to set up a 30-minute phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the next day. Recruiter was kind and upbeat. Easy interview with some STAR questions. Salary was specified at $16/hr. Later that day, I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview onsite with the manager of the dept. Average interview difficulty, 45 minutes.

Client Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TriNet Group.

Worst one I've ever experienced! 7 rounds of interviews over 2 and a half months and getting rejected after I sent 2 follow up emails three weeks later to find out that they wasted my time and entertained themselves. The corporate Recruiter and people I interviewed with via webchat were very professional however the one person who called me in for the in person interview was Elizabeth the Unprofessional one - chewing gum when interviewing and looking at me crazy as if I was stupid. Glad I did not get an offer, rather work with someone who is professional

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of questions, asked except asking about previous job experiences. Walk me thru a typical day at your last job?   Answer Question

Benefits Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group in July 2014.

Initial contact was with a recruiter to go over the job description and confirm that I was qualified. Followed by an in person interview 4.5 weeks later with 2 managers and a 3rd manager via phone.

Interview Questions
    • Specific Excel based experience questions and a lot of scenario based questions.   View Answer
    I attempted a negotiation and was told there was no room for negotiation.

RSC Interview

I had a total of four interviews before getting hired. One phone interview, two interviews with the Director of Sales, and 1 interview with the Regional VP of Sales. I suggest being prepared for all interviews, as the process can become quite complex due to the nature of the PEO industry.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you when I can hire someone with more experience at the same salary?   Answer Question