TriNet Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briones, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group (Briones, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and screened by her then passed for approval to her manager then sent to an interview where I met the area sales manager and the regional manager for a very long and good interview all seemed great with the interview I answered all their questions spot on then was called the flowing week for another interview with yet another area sales manager which I met her a few days later for a one on one interview. That interview was easy and very informative. From everything of the process it was moving along pretty good and I was asked about a week later to submit a business plan which was classic 30/60/90 day plan. I submitted the plan and was told by the recruiter and her manager that my business plan was perfect. Once I submitted the plan to the area sales manager I heard not one thing back from anyone for days even though I called and sent emails. Finally recruiter calls and says oh you should here something soon and this is where it gets weird and becomes cat and mouse game thentry vet and interview as I was intervi

Interview Questions

• Question asked was are you more comfortable meeting with HR rep or VP or president   Answer Question

Client Services Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

Applied online and received call from recruiter. Interviewed with two internal employees first, then upper management. Offer was given the same day. Interview process has changed to include job shadowing and another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TriNet Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was running behind schedule and had to leave the room before interview even started while their supervisor started the process. Exchanging pleasantries was of little to no interest due to running behind schedule. When hiring manager returned, it was clear they weren't going to add much because their supervisor had made the decision.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a fit for this position?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process, while friendly and cordial, took far too long. Phone interview with a recruiter and a sales manager, then a one on one with the same manager I had the phone interview with, then two more one on one's with managers. All of this over a period of 6 weeks, and with interviews at four different locations. Had I not contacted them I would not have found out that ultimately they chose to pass on me as a candidate. Clearly they had interest in me, but passed me around as a candidate to different "verticals" despite my plea/request for one specific team. Ultimately, very frustrating as I was treated with little consideration. At the same time, the fact that I was being considered for multiple teams was a good thing in that they recognized the diversity of skills (ie: experience). The problem is that sales managers probably aren't the best people to manage this process. The recruiter is disconnected AFTER your initial phone interview (which is really a screening). Things moved much more smoothly and quickly when the recruiter was involved. With the sales managers, not so much.

Interview Questions

• 1. How much money do you want to make? 2. Why should I choose you? 3. How do you think you'll help TriNet and yourself in the first 90 days? 4. What are you looking for in a job? In a sales job?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group (San Leandro, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It's a long process. Recruiter did the initial phone screening. Then, the hiring manager called and did his phone screening. Third round is in-person with 6 people. Fourth round is another in-person with 4 people. So, be prepared to be interviewed by about 12 people. Fourth round was awful especially with VP-Product who was very hostile. I was wondering "did I have to jump thru all the hoops to meet this guy?".

Contract Assignment Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone through a referral, not my end supervisor, however, the two worked closely together. He was very professional, kind and asked the right questions to get to know me and see if I would be a good fit for the role. I could tell he was very experienced at this. He made me feel at ease and was not intimidating and didn't play games as so many interviewers out there do.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall anything that threw me off. It was mostly based on skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources People Transfer Lead 00257436 Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TriNet Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted directly via LinkedIn by an Accenture recruiter to apply for this role. Based on my LinkedIn profile, she exclaimed I would be a great fit for the role. She matched my skills and I provided times that I would be available for my next interview. It seemed to go very well and I proceeded to the next steps and updated my resume (even though I'm not actively looking for a new job). I let the recruiter know that I am not 'actively looking' but would be open if time and money were right. It seemed to go well and she was excited to move me to the next person.

Interview Questions

• I never got an interview as promised and instead got a rejection email saying that I wasn't qualified to begin with, even though I had been pre-screened and told I was highly qualified. It seems Accenture was just collecting my information, or it's discriminatory. There's a big disconnect.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

Interviewed initially with recruiter then passed along to Director of Sales, then passed along to 2 field reps then another Director of Sales and finally with VP. Everything went fine until i spoke with VP. They coordinated with me to do a video interview in which the VP, he did not show up for the video chat instead he took my call while over the phone while he was driving. I should have known then that they do not value my time. . After that i called and tried to follow up with recruiter and Director of Sales and heard nothing for a day. He advised me he would call in 5 mins, but instead avoided my call and email. Extremely unprofessional. Finally i was able to get the Director of Sales to pick up once i called from my house line and he seemed shocked that i got through. He advised the recruiter should have called me yesterday to say i was out of the running. Which of course i did not. Trinet should really work on their communication internally and with their candidates. Shame on the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group (Bradenton, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later contacted via email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview consisted of an overview of the company, position, and to verify my resume. Received an email to set up a manager interview. Interview was like a STAR questionnaire and went over what the company was all about. Then I received another email to set up a peer interview and job shadowing. Peer interview was similar to the manager interview and job shadowing was for 30 minutes and was an opportunity to see the many applications they use. Next day I received email to visit a third party site and add five references. Four of them had to be co-workers and one had to be from a supervisor.

Retirement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group.

Interview

First received an email regarding an interest for a Phone Screen. Spent at least 20 minutes on the phone with their recruiter. The recruiter did ask questions about ADP/TESTING and other pension related questions. This was then followed by an in person interview set within a week. The second interview occurred 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Please give examples of your qualifications and how they would relate to this position   Answer Question