TriNet Group

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TriNet Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is extensive but nothing above and beyond for what they offer.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected and difficult very fair questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at TriNet Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Received call from a Recruiter, interviewed with Director of sales, then VP of sales.

Interview Question – What are you making now, what did you make in the past, what is the most you ever made?   Answer Question

San Leandro, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TriNet Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen interview, interview with Director of Sales, and last interview included presenting a 30-60-90 business plan

Interview Question – How would you focus your time in the first 30 days   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TriNet Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – No phone interview was required. Pleasant interview experience. The management team in New York seemed very pleasant. Lots of questions to dig deep into your character and who you are vs resume explanations.

If all goes well, the sales team also needs to approve of you when going out for lunch together on the next round.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TriNet Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter who opened with, "before you say "no", please listen to me about this opportunity all the way through ....". So I did. The reason the recruiter opened with that statement is because my entire 15 year sales career has been in technology and TriNet by definition is "Outsourced HR". As it turns out, while TriNet's core competency is most definitely "Outsourced HR", they are so much more than that. At the core of TriNet's industry disrupting service is the SaaS based technology platform by which all services are managed and customized for each client. So while my learning curve surrounding HR, workers comp, EPLI, benefits, payroll, taxes, etc. is extremely steep --- technology is still at the core of what I sell. As for the interviewing process it consisted of a phone "pre-screen" with the Regional Vice President, then a panel interview with the Regional Vice President and Director of Sales. They are most interested in exploring your ecosystem of Small / Medium Business and specifically if that ecosystem is in the technology / start-up arenas. Upon successfully getting through the phone interview and 2 Face to Face interviews, you are invited back to present a 30-60-90 day business plan to the RVP, DOS and VP of Sales. During the process I touched base with other TriNet employees (via LinkedIn) and immediately noticed that TriNet is comprised of a group of professionals who are dedicated to success, believe in the company, what TriNet offers and keep their clients as the #1 focus. TriNet sees the value in a culture of collaboration and P.O.I.S.E.: (Personal growth, Orientation to the future, Integrity, Service, Entrepreneurialism). It is a remarkable place to work and what we offer to entrepreneurs is life changing. I am not exaggerating.

Interview Question – Lots of sales people say they will cold call during the interview process. Once they get the job, they make calls diligently for the first two months or so, and then stop or get lazy. How do I know that you will keep hitting the phones to land new clients and meet your goals — without my having to nag you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are definitely encouraged. Bring your W2's.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TriNet Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – asked nothing relavent to the job. Interviewer seemed completely disinterested from the start.

Interview Question – How many deals did you close at your last job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TriNet Group? Contribute to the Community!

TriNet Group Videos

TriNet Group – Why Work for Us?

Helping Entrepreneurs Realize Their Ambitions Quick Facts about TriNet. • 25 years of success • Based in San Leandro, CA • ESAC-accredited • CEO: Burton M. Goldfield • More than 8,000 clients Companies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriNet Group Regional Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by TriNet Group employees and interview candidates.