TriNet Group

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Regional Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group.

Interviewed initially with recruiter then passed along to Director of Sales, then passed along to 2 field reps then another Director of Sales and finally with VP.

Everything went fine until i spoke with VP. They coordinated with me to do a video interview in which the VP, he did not show up for the video chat instead he took my call while over the phone while he was driving. I should have known then that they do not value my time. . After that i called and tried to follow up with recruiter and Director of Sales and heard nothing for a day. He advised me he would call in 5 mins, but instead avoided my call and email. Extremely unprofessional. Finally i was able to get the Director of Sales to pick up once i called from my house line and he seemed shocked that i got through. He advised the recruiter should have called me yesterday to say i was out of the running. Which of course i did not.

Trinet should really work on their communication internally and with their candidates. Shame on the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Other Interview Reviews for TriNet Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TriNet Group in May 2013.

No phone interview was required. Pleasant interview experience. The management team in New York seemed very pleasant. Lots of questions to dig deep into your character and who you are vs resume explanations.

If all goes well, the sales team also needs to approve of you when going out for lunch together on the next round.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TriNet Group in February 2013.

Received call from a Recruiter, interviewed with Director of sales, then VP of sales.

Interview Questions
    • What are you making now, what did you make in the past, what is the most you ever made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group in January 2013.

Hiring process is extensive but nothing above and beyond for what they offer.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group in February 2012.

I received a call from a recruiter who opened with, "before you say "no", please listen to me about this opportunity all the way through ....". So I did. The reason the recruiter opened with that statement is because my entire 15 year sales career has been in technology and TriNet by definition is "Outsourced HR". As it turns out, while TriNet's core competency is most definitely "Outsourced HR", they are so much more than that. At the core of TriNet's industry disrupting service is the SaaS based technology platform by which all services are managed and customized for each client. So while my learning curve surrounding HR, workers comp, EPLI, benefits, payroll, taxes, etc. is extremely steep --- technology is still at the core of what I sell. As for the interviewing process it consisted of a phone "pre-screen" with the Regional Vice President, then a panel interview with the Regional Vice President and Director of Sales. They are most interested in exploring your ecosystem of Small / Medium Business and specifically if that ecosystem is in the technology / start-up arenas. Upon successfully getting through the phone interview and 2 Face to Face interviews, you are invited back to present a 30-60-90 day business plan to the RVP, DOS and VP of Sales. During the process I touched base with other TriNet employees (via LinkedIn) and immediately noticed that TriNet is comprised of a group of professionals who are dedicated to success, believe in the company, what TriNet offers and keep their clients as the #1 focus. TriNet sees the value in a culture of collaboration and P.O.I.S.E.: (Personal growth, Orientation to the future, Integrity, Service, Entrepreneurialism). It is a remarkable place to work and what we offer to entrepreneurs is life changing. I am not exaggerating.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of sales people say they will cold call during the interview process. Once they get the job, they make calls diligently for the first two months or so, and then stop or get lazy. How do I know that you will keep hitting the phones to land new clients and meet your goals — without my having to nag you?   Answer Question
    Negotiations are definitely encouraged. Bring your W2's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TriNet Group in July 2011.

Phone screen interview, interview with Director of Sales, and last interview included presenting a 30-60-90 business plan

Interview Questions
    • How would you focus your time in the first 30 days   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TriNet Group in January 2011.

asked nothing relavent to the job. Interviewer seemed completely disinterested from the start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TriNet Group in August 2010.

Swift - not overbearing. Professional as expected. Better than most Companies who drag the process on for months and want everything including your shoe size - TriNet was professional, did not step over the line, nor did they ask illegal questions - like many employers today do.

No negotiation