TriQuint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Manufacturing Manager
Apopka, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview Details – Three stage interview process.

1. Phone interview with HR representative. Questions include tell me about yourself, your management and leadership style. Casual interview for the most part.

2. Phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Rapid fire questions including tell me about yourself, familiarity with manufacturing equations/processes, why do you want to be in this position, etc.

3. In person interview with 7 different managers. "Speed interviewing" basically - 15 minutes with each group or person. Start from the top down. Tell me about yourself, typical questions like that. Why do you want this position, know your background, etc. Some more in depth questions from one of the managers about how to find and stop bottlenecks from happening; in addition, knowing how to properly document and discipline employees.

Interview Question – Though there were tough questions, the most important one I answered 5 times was tell me about yourself. Make sure you have a good 1-2 minute explanation of yourself and how you want to be seen as the right candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TriQuint in June 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview through referral. Then flew in for on site interview that took a day. Basic RF questions about Power Amplifiers, test equipment, stability factor, s-parameters etc.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer was good.

Very Easy Interview

Commercial Contracts Administrator Interview

Commercial Contracts Administrator
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TriQuint in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen clarified role and match to candidate's requirements (job level and salary). The (first) phone screen came soon after the online app submitted. Wasn't a match so the process didn't continue.

Interview Question – Posting responsibilities listed high-level individual contributor. Salary matches a general 'administrator' role.   Answer Question

Fabrication Operator Interview

Fabrication Operator
Richardson, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview Details – one face to face interview,

Interview Question – none, was typical and standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TriQuint in November 2012.

Interview Details – Team interview. Behavioral interviewing questions

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have had to influence others. How did you go about that?   Answer Question

Industrial Statistician Interview

Industrial Statistician
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TriQuint in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a 30-minute phone interview with HR and then a 15-minute phone interview with the hiring manager. I traveled to a full-day site interview. After meeting with the HR person, I had multiple 1:1 and 2:1 interviews each at 30 minutes each. I probably met with 10 people (only one woman -- how behind the times is that?). I was also asked to make a 30-minute presentation on my background and some past projects. The interview seemed to go well.

That was now 6 weeks ago and I have not heard back. I e-mailed the HR guy after two weeks to find out there expected schedule and never heard back. I think I dodged a bullet: if HR is not willing to give an on-site candidate the simple courtesy of a response to an interview and a follow-up email, I wonder how well the employees are treated after they are hired.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at TriQuint in September 2009.

Interview Details – 5 interviews took 1/2 day met with management up to Sr Director level. I was recommended and completed a contract job so I was already familiar with people during my interview. Just be yourself and don't try and BS. Appear trainable and eager to work hard and learn. Tell them about experience from all jobs that will benefit their department. Good GPA helps.

Interview Question – I was recommended and completed a contract job so I was already familiar with people during my interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard offer to non-exempts. Hourly rate higher than current career so I switched fields to make more money.

BAW R&D Engineer Interview

BAW R&D Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TriQuint.

Interview Details – Just general phone interview. No offer yet.

Interview Question – No difficult question. Just questions based on my CV.   Answer Question

RF Engineering Intern Interview

RF Engineering Intern
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TriQuint in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from HR and my interview was scheduled. It was for an Summer intern position. I had done couple of projects on RF and so I was asked to describe all the projects and 2 projects were completed by me during my sophomore and my memory wasnt great. He asked me names of specific power amplifier and battery specs which I could not answer.

It was shameful from my perspective that you dont remember your own project. But who does remember such minute details. So my advice is to gp through your resume and your course or intern projects thoroughly. It will help a lot to answer questions.

Interview Question – He asked me about very specific parameter values of Power amplifier and batteries I used for my projects. That was hard to remember at that instant of interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate although I wasnt very happy with the pay.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TriQuint in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted right away by recruiter. Scheduled for series of interviews onsite. Interviews went fine. No follow up from recruiter. Was promised follow up within 1 week. 2 weeks lapse and nothing. I reach out and again am promised follow up within a few days. Nothing. Been 3 weeks now and still nothing. Job is still posted on their website. Horrible that they would treat someone like this!

Interview Question – What do you know about TriQuint?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TriQuint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TriQuint interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by TriQuint employees and interview candidates.