TriQuint

TriQuint Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

Technician Interview

Very weird, they spent more time asking question about if I can say no to an engineer than my experience. the technical was more about them telling me about what they do every day.

None

Fab Operator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at TriQuint.

The board interview consisted of mostly area leads. They made sure to make the interviewees as comfortable as possible. They fully explained the job and what was expected of the operators. All questions from the interviewee was generally answered happily.

Interview Questions
    • It was an entry level position so none were extremely difficult. With my experience "How do we know you will be worth the time investment in training?" is usually the hardest.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiation.

Acoustic Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TriQuint in July 2014.

I was contacted to set up a phone interview with an engineer. The interviewer was very nice to talk to. He explained in detail the position I had applied for. The interview was for 30 minutes which included some HR questions followed by technical questions related to the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Some HR questions included tell me 3 words that your co-workers will use to describe yourself, have you ever worked with a co-worker on a project where he was in another state, why did you apply for this particular position.

Unexpected question- It was my first interview so I was panicking as to what they will ask. So the unexpected question for me was when he asked about thermal noise from a resistor and if it depends on the resistance value.

Other questions included how to make the the characteristic impedance of a micro-strip line lower, design a circuit using R,L and C such that it has 0dB S11 at low frequency, 0dB S11 at high frequency and matched somewhere in between.

View Answer

Filter Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in July 2014.

First got a call from HR and set up one phone call with hiring manager. One week after that did an interview with another manager. Then one week later went for the onsite interview. Talked with 10 current employees. They were nice and the questions are not too hard if you prepare well. Some of the questions were about different aspects of filters. Others were about fundamental knowledge of microwave engineering.

Interview Questions
    • Some very detailed questions regarding high frequency simulation.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apopka, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TriQuint.

Three stage interview process.

1. Phone interview with HR representative. Questions include tell me about yourself, your management and leadership style. Casual interview for the most part.

2. Phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Rapid fire questions including tell me about yourself, familiarity with manufacturing equations/processes, why do you want to be in this position, etc.

3. In person interview with 7 different managers. "Speed interviewing" basically - 15 minutes with each group or person. Start from the top down. Tell me about yourself, typical questions like that. Why do you want this position, know your background, etc. Some more in depth questions from one of the managers about how to find and stop bottlenecks from happening; in addition, knowing how to properly document and discipline employees.

Interview Questions
    • Though there were tough questions, the most important one I answered 5 times was tell me about yourself. Make sure you have a good 1-2 minute explanation of yourself and how you want to be seen as the right candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Fabrication Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TriQuint.

one face to face interview,

n/a

BAW R&D Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriQuint.

Just general phone interview. No offer yet.

Industrial Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in March 2013.

I had a 30-minute phone interview with HR and then a 15-minute phone interview with the hiring manager. I traveled to a full-day site interview. After meeting with the HR person, I had multiple 1:1 and 2:1 interviews each at 30 minutes each. I probably met with 10 people (only one woman -- how behind the times is that?). I was also asked to make a 30-minute presentation on my background and some past projects. The interview seemed to go well.

That was now 6 weeks ago and I have not heard back. I e-mailed the HR guy after two weeks to find out there expected schedule and never heard back. I think I dodged a bullet: if HR is not willing to give an on-site candidate the simple courtesy of a response to an interview and a follow-up email, I wonder how well the employees are treated after they are hired.

Commercial Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TriQuint in January 2013.

Phone screen clarified role and match to candidate's requirements (job level and salary). The (first) phone screen came soon after the online app submitted. Wasn't a match so the process didn't continue.

Interview Questions
    • Posting responsibilities listed high-level individual contributor. Salary matches a general 'administrator' role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in November 2012.

Team interview. Behavioral interviewing questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have had to influence others. How did you go about that?   Answer Question