TriQuint Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in November 2012.

Team interview. Behavioral interviewing questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have had to influence others. How did you go about that?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in April 2012.

Was contacted right away by recruiter. Scheduled for series of interviews onsite. Interviews went fine. No follow up from recruiter. Was promised follow up within 1 week. 2 weeks lapse and nothing. I reach out and again am promised follow up within a few days. Nothing. Been 3 weeks now and still nothing. Job is still posted on their website. Horrible that they would treat someone like this!

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in March 2012.

It's an all day process with an itinerary where the candidate meets different groups from different disciplines, followed by a plant tour.

Metals Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TriQuint in November 2011.

I received an opportunity to interview with Triquint through an employee referral. HR first contacted me to try to set up a date for a company site interview, which was scheduled to be in 11 days. I needed to prepare a 15 min presentation going over my history background and any projects I have worked on to present to a panel that consisted of managers, techs, and engineers. After the presentation, I had 1:1 interviews with 4 people, had a lunch break, then had another set of 1:1 interviews with 5 more people. The interviews were 30 min each and each person asked a good mix of behavioral and technical questions. My presentation started at 8:45am and my last interview ended at 3pm. It was a very long day, but the people there are very pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Why is it better to deposit Aluminum with a percentage of Copper in it instead of just using pure Aluminum?   Answer Question

Instrumentation/Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TriQuint in October 2011.

Applied on-line. Received a phone call within a relatively short period of time. That was followed by two on-site sets of interviews. The process stretched out over a few months. Our initial contact in October, strarted in December.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your most challenging project in your career.   Answer Question
    Very smooth.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in June 2011.

Got a phone interview through referral. Then flew in for on site interview that took a day. Basic RF questions about Power Amplifiers, test equipment, stability factor, s-parameters etc.

No negotiation, offer was good.

RF Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TriQuint in June 2011.

I applied online and got a call from HR and my interview was scheduled. It was for an Summer intern position. I had done couple of projects on RF and so I was asked to describe all the projects and 2 projects were completed by me during my sophomore and my memory wasnt great. He asked me names of specific power amplifier and battery specs which I could not answer.

It was shameful from my perspective that you dont remember your own project. But who does remember such minute details. So my advice is to gp through your resume and your course or intern projects thoroughly. It will help a lot to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about very specific parameter values of Power amplifier and batteries I used for my projects. That was hard to remember at that instant of interview.   View Answer
    I didnt negotiate although I wasnt very happy with the pay.

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in June 2011.

First HR then 1:1 with hiring manager then onsite with 7 people one after the other

Product Engineer I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TriQuint in May 2011.

I applied for a few positions at Triquint Semiconductor in March (mid) and got a call in April (mid) for the Product Engineer I/II position. As it seems, it was an entry level position.
    Initially, it was for a phone screen which was conducted by my manager here. The interview was pretty much based on my resume (current job, projects, some basic skills). It lasted for an hour.

After 2-3 weeks, got an onsite call in May wherein they flew me to hillsboro, oregon.
    It was a panel interview spread out thru the day of my interview. In the beginning I had to present a project of my choice to 2 managers. After that I had off 7-8 rounds of interviews (technical as well as HR). There were behavioral questions as well. It was a comprehensive interview and they gave me the offer within a week.

The interviewers were pretty intelligent about their questions and also thorough whenever I asked any questions related to the company. It was an interactive session with each interviewer.
    The HRs were quick in their responses and were quite co-operative.

Interview Questions
    • Measuring the Harmonic distribution, two-tone test, SFDR, etc.   Answer Question
    • Analyzing control charts, and a few questions on the same topic (statistic) like what is mean, median, std deviation, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TriQuint in December 2010.

I submitted my resume online. And after 10 days, i got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The phone screen interview took about 30 minutes. The interviewer has asked questions mostly based on my resume and then some other questions about myself. The interviewer was friendly, overall it wasn’t too bad.