Triage Consulting Group

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, went through a phone screen, then had two Skype interviews with managers. Flown out to the SF office for an on-site interview. The interview day was very structured: breakfast, two interviews, went out to lunch with an Associate and Senior Associate, case study, and a final interview. Overall, I was very impressed by how organized and seamless the entire process was. My interviewers were extremely professional and personable--they actually responded to my thank you emails with advice. Seem to be very invested in their employees! The only thing that worried me during the process was that there seemed to be a lack of diversity (mainly Caucasian, seemed to be middle-upper income young folk--likely because the company has been recruiting from mainly UC schools).

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base pay + signing bonus (non-negotiable). Option of 5 different start days.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – found through someone who went to the same school, applied, got first round phone interview, then second round skype interview then final round on site interview.

Interview Question – very general interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – still in interview process

Associate Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I got the interview after a career fair. The interview was pretty standard. A lot of behaviorial questions and things like what do you do for fun? What is your favorite class? Tell me why you went to the school that you do. The next interview process would have been a job site interview with a case question but I did not get that far

Interview Question – The questions were not that difficult although the question about by most rewarding experience got me pondering for a bit.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Triage came out to my school for a recruiting event. I talked to a lot of their employees and got a first round interview. It was very conversational. I was asked to go to their office in SF for a final round. All 3 interviews were pretty similar to the first round. Case study was not hard. They tell you how to do it very well.

Interviewed at Triage Consulting Group

Interview Details – I applied through my university's job website after talking with them at our job fair. I would definitely encourage people to network with their associates at any event to improve your chances of getting an interview. Interview is very conversational, but be prepared to talk about anything on your resume, cover letter, and transcript.

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a cover letter and resume through my school's website, I was invited for an on campus interview. The questions were pretty standard. The interviewer went through my resume and asked me why I was interested in the position. Then the next round would be an on site interview.

Interview Question – standard qs: can you explain "x" on your resume? what skills do you have to be successful at this job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Hired after being an intern.

Interview Question – The interview was more personal than case study.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – There were several steps in the interview process. I sent in my resume/cover letter and had a phone interview about a week later. I then had a one on one interview on campus. A few weeks later I was flown up to SF for final round interview which took about half a day. 3 Interviews, lunch, and a test.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral, asked about experiences from my resume. The test was not difficult, no need to stress about it.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – I interviewed on-campus and was invited back for a full-round interview. This consisted of two interviews with a principal, a "case" (essentially a toe-in-the-water exposure to identification of underpayments in hospital reimbursements), lunch with an associate and a senior associate, and a final interview with a manager. Overall, everyone is extremely friendly and accommodating.

Interview Question – How did you demonstrate integrity?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I attended multiple on-campus recruiting events, including both an information session and career fair, before applying to the firm. I was invited to a first round, on-campus interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and was very conversational. I was then notified the next day that I made it to the second (and final) round interview at the firm. That interview was about 4 hours, and included a lunch with two associates, two interviews, and a case study. The case study is pretty straight forward and involves their day to day work. The people at Triage were very friendly throughout the entire interview process, and took a genuine interest in getting to know you. I was notified a few days later about an offer.

Interview Question – The case study is straight forward, requiring reading comprehension and basic math skills. It gives great insight into the day-to-day work of an associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Triage Consulting Group

Worked for Triage Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Triage Consulting Group Videos

Triage Consulting Group – Why Work for Us?

Triage is one of the nation’s leading hospital revenue review consultancies, with offices in San Francisco and Atlanta. We are a dedicated and energetic team of over 400 talented and highly-educated professionals who… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Triage Consulting Group Associate Consultant interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Triage Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.