Triage Consulting Group

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.6

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

I interviewed on my college campus. Only 4 resumes were selected for the interview for the intern position and only one gets picked as the intern. The interview was a short (40 minutes) with behavioral questions. It was very informal.

Interview Questions
  • If I were to ask your friends what the worst things are about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2014.

I initially applied through my school's career website. I was then selected for a campus interview. This interview was mainly behavioral type questions and was very relaxed. The next day, I was contacted to schedule an in-office interview (Atlanta). On this day, I met with an Associate and a Senior Associate who took me to lunch. I then had two interviews which were both relaxed, behavioral questions, went over my resume, etc. Finally, I had 3 cases studies to complete. There is no way to prepare for the case studies, but they go over an example with you beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor. What did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Not the best career choice for individuals with masters degrees.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview was not bad at all - just long. Three mostly behavioral interviews and one case study. The case study was easy, although a little bit stressful because I had no idea what to expect (you can't prepare for it at all). Only one interviewer asked really challenging questions. Got a really nice lunch in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remember... most of the questions were your standard interview questions though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

Made it through the second round of Skype interviews, didn't make it to the third. The first was really relaxed, I think she was a senior associate. The second round was a bit longer and more in depth, with managers. They ask standard questions, and fill up a lot of the time telling you about themselves. My mistake was downplaying my strengths to try to match what I thought they wanted. They really just want someone who has a genuinely good attitude, professional word choice, and gives confident answers without stumbling. Knowing a lot about the company through the website will set you apart too. They want people who are curious about the company., and people who will contribute to, not just appreciate, the friendly culture. They will give you a fair chance, just got to be in the moment and have the answers ready to go.

Interview Questions
    • What are five different words would your friends would use to describe you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

I initially met Triage at my college career fair. I was selected for an on-campus interview with a manager which was pretty standard. We talked about my background & basically went down my resume asking some questions & finished off with a few behavioral based questions & then I had the chance to ask questions myself. I was then invited for an on-site interview which consisted of 2 behavioral based interviews (one with manager & one with principle) and 1 case study. I was also taken to lunch by an associate & senior associate. The case study was explained & was fairly easy to follow as long as you paid attention. Interviews were based on behavior questions, was asked what a typical day was like at my job, and what my favorite class was in school. they also asked me what it takes to be a good leader, and if I had a good idea of exactly what the company does.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you let a group down or did not hold up your end of the deal.   Answer Question
    Able to pick from 3 start dates, base salary + bonus but no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2014.

Originally recruited out of college, was given first round interview. Interview was very relaxed, yet sincere. It would not necessarily easy, but rather low-key and communicative. First interview was about 30 minutes on campus. I thought it went very smoothly- mainly reviewed resume and talked leadership and passion about healthcare industry

Interview Questions
    • No question was completely unexpected at all. They asked a lot of general questions about my career ambition, resume, leadership experience, etc.   Answer Question

Was given better offer by other company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2014.

Triage came to our university twice during this school year. Both times they had info session as well as a table at our job fairs. I applied online and was emailed a week later for a first round interview on campus.

The interview was thirty minutes long with a principle member from Triage at our career service center. It was pretty conversational and was focused on the resume, interest in Triage, and to get to know you more on a personal level.

They contact you the next week for a second round interview in San Francisco if you do get accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in January 2014.

I had an inside referral to Triage Consulting Group. The company is looking more for a cultural fit so I don't think work experience or skills matter as much. First, I had a skype interview with an associate. He was very friendly and advised me to provide better lighting for my next Skype interview. The second skype was with two associates. That went well, too. I was invited for a third-round interview at the office. It was a long day - there was four 45 minutes interviews and a lunch interview. For lunch, I was paired with two associates so I was able to ask them about the city of San Francisco, nightlife, and the nature of the work environment. I was given an analytical assignment to do where I calculated hospital reimbursement rates. The entire experience was pleasant. I come from a traditional public health background so my interviewers didn't think I was a good fit for the business role. I did not receive an offer.

The company culture seemed like a lot of fun. Lots of young people, happy hours, and volunteer opportunities. However, the work is like glorified auditing... not really consulting.

I was surprised at the lack of diversity of the company. Many individuals come from rich, WASP-y backgrounds. They was no employees of color working at the firm. That surprised me. Also, everyone seemed to be from the state of California.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2013.

I applied through on-campus recruiting by sending in an application and a resume. I heard back and got an interview about a week later. The interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview that was really really casual. He only asked me one real behavioral question and the rest was kinda just saying why I wanted to work for Triage and what interested me about the work, which I bsed pretty well and said I loved working with numbers and the intricacies of the insurance industry and hospitals and patient synthesis.

Apparently I did well because I was contacted about 2 days later and was able to schedule a final round interview at their offices in San Francisco. They let me pick a flight reimburseable up to $250 from LAX and I had to send in a reimbursement form after the interviews.

I arrived at the office around 8:45 and they had me and 9 other candidates in the conference room. They had bagels and orange juice but I definitely should've eaten a real breakfast beforehand. Around 9:00, an associate and senior associate that you would be having lunch with later that day came in and introduced themselves and talked individually to us about the process. I then had 2 45 minute behavioral interviews that were very similar to my on campus one. Super casual and just why healthcare, why consulting, why Triage, so have lots of questions ready for them because there honestly isn't much to talk about. We then had a 15 minute break and then a 45 minute introduction to the case study. This is where we went through a sample of what the case study would be and pretty much gave us a template to follow along with when doing the actual 45 minute case study after. The case study was basically the work that Triage does. They gave you 3 different cases that included all of the billings for the procedures that the patient had, the insurance policy associated with that patient, and how the hospital decided to bill the insurance. In each of the cases, there was a way to charge the insurance more money to get more for the hospital. For example, if the hospital charged the insurance for the 3 days in the ER and it was a total of $12,000, and then you look on the patient procedures and see that implants were done, find that procedure in the policy associated with the patient, and see that this procedure can be billed $25,000 plus the $12,000 bill, then you say that this is how they should've done it. Basically, you're just searching for information that isn't necessarily apparent in the billings and policy but you just have to keep searching. I second guessed some of my decisions but just make sure you finish it.

After this case, the associate and senior associate I met at "breakfast" took me out to a nice lunch to just chat about anything and everything (they claimed to have no say in the decision process for Triage). We went to a great lunch and then I came back for another 45 minute behavioral interview. This one went the same as the rest.

After 2 days, I was notified by phone that I got the offer and they then forwarded me an email of the letter, but it didn't include much about the benefits and what not.

The process was overall pretty easy and only took about a month. Make sure you emphasize that you really are numbers orientated and are interested in the intricacies of health insurance and hospitals. Best of luck!

Interview Questions
    • In 5 years, what do you want to be saying to yourself on a Sunday afternoon about your past 5 years?   Answer Question

Salary wasn't as good as another offer I received and the work didn't seem as interesting to me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

First step was an on-campus 30 minute behavioral interview. I was interviewed by a principal and it was much more of a conversation than anything else.

If your selected for the second step, the company flies you out to the office in San Francisco where you have three 45 minute interviews with upper-level management. I was interviewed by the CEO, CFO, and a manager. I was also taken to lunch by an Associate and Senior Associate. After lunch there was a case.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the conversations are about past experiences and how it can be applied to your future career.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.