Triage Consulting Group

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.6

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

The interview process consisted of multiple rounds. Two rounds of Skype interviews. Final round was a superday held in San Francisco and lasted about 5-6 hours. The superday consisted of multiple interviews and a case study.

Other Interview Reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interviewers were super nice and answered my questions thoroughly. It was difficult to gauge how well/poorly the interview was going because they were so friendly. Great company culture and opportunities for growth. However, the application process seemed slow compared to other firms I applied to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you picked the school and major that you did.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

I interviewed on my college campus. Only 4 resumes were selected for the interview for the intern position and only one gets picked as the intern. The interview was a short (40 minutes) with behavioral questions. It was very informal.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask your friends what the worst things are about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2014.

I initially applied through my school's career website. I was then selected for a campus interview. This interview was mainly behavioral type questions and was very relaxed. The next day, I was contacted to schedule an in-office interview (Atlanta). On this day, I met with an Associate and a Senior Associate who took me to lunch. I then had two interviews which were both relaxed, behavioral questions, went over my resume, etc. Finally, I had 3 cases studies to complete. There is no way to prepare for the case studies, but they go over an example with you beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor. What did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Not the best career choice for individuals with masters degrees.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview was not bad at all - just long. Three mostly behavioral interviews and one case study. The case study was easy, although a little bit stressful because I had no idea what to expect (you can't prepare for it at all). Only one interviewer asked really challenging questions. Got a really nice lunch in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remember... most of the questions were your standard interview questions though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

Made it through the second round of Skype interviews, didn't make it to the third. The first was really relaxed, I think she was a senior associate. The second round was a bit longer and more in depth, with managers. They ask standard questions, and fill up a lot of the time telling you about themselves. My mistake was downplaying my strengths to try to match what I thought they wanted. They really just want someone who has a genuinely good attitude, professional word choice, and gives confident answers without stumbling. Knowing a lot about the company through the website will set you apart too. They want people who are curious about the company., and people who will contribute to, not just appreciate, the friendly culture. They will give you a fair chance, just got to be in the moment and have the answers ready to go.

Interview Questions
    • What are five different words would your friends would use to describe you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

I initially met Triage at my college career fair. I was selected for an on-campus interview with a manager which was pretty standard. We talked about my background & basically went down my resume asking some questions & finished off with a few behavioral based questions & then I had the chance to ask questions myself. I was then invited for an on-site interview which consisted of 2 behavioral based interviews (one with manager & one with principle) and 1 case study. I was also taken to lunch by an associate & senior associate. The case study was explained & was fairly easy to follow as long as you paid attention. Interviews were based on behavior questions, was asked what a typical day was like at my job, and what my favorite class was in school. they also asked me what it takes to be a good leader, and if I had a good idea of exactly what the company does.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you let a group down or did not hold up your end of the deal.   Answer Question
    Able to pick from 3 start dates, base salary + bonus but no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2014.

Originally recruited out of college, was given first round interview. Interview was very relaxed, yet sincere. It would not necessarily easy, but rather low-key and communicative. First interview was about 30 minutes on campus. I thought it went very smoothly- mainly reviewed resume and talked leadership and passion about healthcare industry

Interview Questions
    • No question was completely unexpected at all. They asked a lot of general questions about my career ambition, resume, leadership experience, etc.   Answer Question

Was given better offer by other company

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2014.

Triage came to our university twice during this school year. Both times they had info session as well as a table at our job fairs. I applied online and was emailed a week later for a first round interview on campus.

The interview was thirty minutes long with a principle member from Triage at our career service center. It was pretty conversational and was focused on the resume, interest in Triage, and to get to know you more on a personal level.

They contact you the next week for a second round interview in San Francisco if you do get accepted.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in January 2014.

I had an inside referral to Triage Consulting Group. The company is looking more for a cultural fit so I don't think work experience or skills matter as much. First, I had a skype interview with an associate. He was very friendly and advised me to provide better lighting for my next Skype interview. The second skype was with two associates. That went well, too. I was invited for a third-round interview at the office. It was a long day - there was four 45 minutes interviews and a lunch interview. For lunch, I was paired with two associates so I was able to ask them about the city of San Francisco, nightlife, and the nature of the work environment. I was given an analytical assignment to do where I calculated hospital reimbursement rates. The entire experience was pleasant. I come from a traditional public health background so my interviewers didn't think I was a good fit for the business role. I did not receive an offer.

The company culture seemed like a lot of fun. Lots of young people, happy hours, and volunteer opportunities. However, the work is like glorified auditing... not really consulting.

I was surprised at the lack of diversity of the company. Many individuals come from rich, WASP-y backgrounds. They was no employees of color working at the firm. That surprised me. Also, everyone seemed to be from the state of California.