Triage Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Almost three weeks later I received an invitation to do a 45-minute Skype interview with a manager. The very next day I was already rejected. I am not sure why because they recruit UNC heavily and the manager I spoke with had also gone to UNC. As far as the questions, it's pretty much everything that you see on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Leadership, do you like data/numbers heavy, what do you do for fun, how did you hear about Triage?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Triage Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial Skype Interview with a Senior, 2 back to back Skype Interviews with Managers, and an onsite interview with 2 managers and a principal + lunch with seniors + case study based on the work they do. Everything was fairly straightforward, nothing super out of left field. Everyone was very friendly and the office is right on the Embarcadero, with great views of the bay and Bay Bridge.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future? How does Triage fit into those plans? How did you find out about Triage?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a Skype interview about a month or so later. The Skype interviewer was very nice and there were a few behavioral questions. A few days later I was offered to be flown out for an in-person interview. They were great in getting my travel coordinated. The interviews were all very easy and conversational, and the "case studies" were just a sample of the (very monotonous, it seems) work they do. As someone with a few years' work experience, I got a very strange vibe from the company. Everyone seems to fit a certain mold, and there is very little diversity. It's also very weird that they only hire entry-level employees and promote within (on a VERY rigid promotional structure). Although they recruit individuals from top universities, I think there has to be some sort of merit-based promotional structure, and it can be very valuable to hire externally for more senior level employees to have a better perspective on the health care and business sectors. Such a rigid structure is probably not good long term, and definitely gives of a cult-like vibe. I was speaking with some of the associates who told me that they often have trouble gaining respect from the clients, and I understand why - the company's internal structure is not great. Also, the company-hired cab driver they use regularly in Atlanta repeatedly made some very bigoted, ignorant comments to me and pushed me to respond to him on those. So, if anyone at Triage is reading this, you might want to hire a different cab driver, because that was very off-putting.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a Skype interview. There is also a face to face super-day of interviews to follow the Skype interview. They ask a lot of STAR based questions. Make sure to prepare lots of Situations, Tasks, Actions, and Resolutions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all STAR based questions. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I went through campus recruitment and was selected for an on campus interview. The process was very straightforward and they are very clear on how to prepare for the interviews. The first interview was fairly behavioral, and the interviewer asked me why I wanted to work for Triage and general interest in healthcare. The second interview was on site and it was a long day. It starts with breakfast where you meet the Associate and Senior Associate that will take you to lunch. It was a little awkward trying to eat and get to know my lunch partners, but they were really nice. Next I had two interviews one with a Principal and one with a Senior Associate. Both interviews were really relaxed and conversational. We talked about the position, but also about my study abroad experience and studies in college. Before lunch I had a case study that was hard to complete in the allotted time, but pretty straight forward. Pay attention to the slideshow! After lunch I had a similar interview to the first two. The experience overall was very organized and Triage does a great job at keeping applicants informed throughout the overall interview process.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back 4 years what would you tell yourself to do differently during college.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

Met the campus rep anda few other at the UCSD job fair and went to an info session later. Invited for an on-campus interview with a principal. He was nice, had attended UCSD but seemed like he used to be a frat guy. Asked why I was interested in healthcare, what quantitative courses I took, why Triage. Didn't respond to my thank you email. Invited for an interview at the SF office. You are gathered with other candidates in a conference room and greeted by two current associates who later take you out to a fancy lunch. Two interviews before lunch, one with a manager and one with a principal. Asked about my previous job experience, how long I'm looking to stay. They really push for quantitative skills but looking at the website bios many associates graduated college with arts degrees so maybe this is a recent thing. The two associates were nice but unnaturally hyper, I felt overwhelmed at lunch. They encouraged me to ask questions at lunch but looked uncomfortable when I asked things like salary and typical associate duties. After lunch one more interview with a manager, questions were repetetive by this point. The case study is easy and not so much a case study as a problem. There is a right answer and they give you all the materials you need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting with employee referral. Conducted a short phone screening with the on-campus recruiter, then moved on to the on campus interview with a Principal. Was invited to fly to HQ in San Francisco and conducted a Super Day from 9-4pm. Super Day: meet with lunch companions, two 30-minute interviews with managers and/or principals, a case study, lunch, another 30-minute interview with a principal, and farewells.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Describe a time where you dealt with something difficult in a team setting. Why did you chose to study abroad at ____? Why do you find our work interesting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

-university recruiting -phone screen -in person interview on campus -invitation via email to visit HQ -in person interview at HQ. All day with 3 partners, 2 managers, and lunch with 2 associates/senior associates. A test at the end of the day on compensation and auditing examples

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple rounds. Two rounds of Skype interviews. Final round was a superday held in San Francisco and lasted about 5-6 hours. The superday consisted of multiple interviews and a case study.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview

Interviewers were super nice and answered my questions thoroughly. It was difficult to gauge how well/poorly the interview was going because they were so friendly. Great company culture and opportunities for growth. However, the application process seemed slow compared to other firms I applied to.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you picked the school and major that you did.   Answer Question