Triage Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Made it through the second round of Skype interviews, didn't make it to the third. The first was really relaxed, I think she was a senior associate. The second round was a bit longer and more in depth, with managers. They ask standard questions, and fill up a lot of the time telling you about themselves. My mistake was downplaying my strengths to try to match what I thought they wanted. They really just want someone who has a genuinely good attitude, professional word choice, and gives confident answers without stumbling. Knowing a lot about the company through the website will set you apart too. They want people who are curious about the company., and people who will contribute to, not just appreciate, the friendly culture. They will give you a fair chance, just got to be in the moment and have the answers ready to go.

Interview Question – What are five different words would your friends would use to describe you?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Originally recruited out of college, was given first round interview. Interview was very relaxed, yet sincere. It would not necessarily easy, but rather low-key and communicative. First interview was about 30 minutes on campus. I thought it went very smoothly- mainly reviewed resume and talked leadership and passion about healthcare industry

Interview Question – No question was completely unexpected at all. They asked a lot of general questions about my career ambition, resume, leadership experience, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was given better offer by other company

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I initially met Triage at my college career fair. I was selected for an on-campus interview with a manager which was pretty standard. We talked about my background & basically went down my resume asking some questions & finished off with a few behavioral based questions & then I had the chance to ask questions myself. I was then invited for an on-site interview which consisted of 2 behavioral based interviews (one with manager & one with principle) and 1 case study. I was also taken to lunch by an associate & senior associate. The case study was explained & was fairly easy to follow as long as you paid attention. Interviews were based on behavior questions, was asked what a typical day was like at my job, and what my favorite class was in school. they also asked me what it takes to be a good leader, and if I had a good idea of exactly what the company does.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you let a group down or did not hold up your end of the deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to pick from 3 start dates, base salary + bonus but no negotiation

La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Triage came to our university twice during this school year. Both times they had info session as well as a table at our job fairs. I applied online and was emailed a week later for a first round interview on campus.

The interview was thirty minutes long with a principle member from Triage at our career service center. It was pretty conversational and was focused on the resume, interest in Triage, and to get to know you more on a personal level.

They contact you the next week for a second round interview in San Francisco if you do get accepted.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Triage came to the career fair and i submitted my resume and cover letter. i received an interview and had one with a manager at the company. he asked questions like why healthcare, why Triage, what do i like to do for fun, how is senior year...very comfortable and conversational (about 30 min total). 2nd round i was invited to the company office in atlanta where i went out to lunch with 2 senior associates and then had 2 30 minute interviews with employees are the company. one was a manager (with company > 4.5 years) and the other was a principal (been with the company >8 years). They asked questions based off my resume and were both highly interested in what i liked to do for fun, my hardest class, and my favorite class in college. they also asked how i work in a team, multitask, and handle disappointment. lastly i had a 30 minute case study which one cannot prepare for because it is very different than other types of case studies. one really just has to listen when they are explaining it and then just answer the questions (really just math and logic)...not hard and i feel like the main point of the interview process is to access if you would be a good fit personality and culture wise for the company and have a strong work ethic

Interview Question – case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation about salary or signing bonus. option of 3 different start dates though and that was very nice.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – First step was an on-campus 30 minute behavioral interview. I was interviewed by a principal and it was much more of a conversation than anything else.

If your selected for the second step, the company flies you out to the office in San Francisco where you have three 45 minute interviews with upper-level management. I was interviewed by the CEO, CFO, and a manager. I was also taken to lunch by an Associate and Senior Associate. After lunch there was a case.

Interview Question – Most of the conversations are about past experiences and how it can be applied to your future career.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through on-campus recruiting by sending in an application and a resume. I heard back and got an interview about a week later. The interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview that was really really casual. He only asked me one real behavioral question and the rest was kinda just saying why I wanted to work for Triage and what interested me about the work, which I bsed pretty well and said I loved working with numbers and the intricacies of the insurance industry and hospitals and patient synthesis.

Apparently I did well because I was contacted about 2 days later and was able to schedule a final round interview at their offices in San Francisco. They let me pick a flight reimburseable up to $250 from LAX and I had to send in a reimbursement form after the interviews.

I arrived at the office around 8:45 and they had me and 9 other candidates in the conference room. They had bagels and orange juice but I definitely should've eaten a real breakfast beforehand. Around 9:00, an associate and senior associate that you would be having lunch with later that day came in and introduced themselves and talked individually to us about the process. I then had 2 45 minute behavioral interviews that were very similar to my on campus one. Super casual and just why healthcare, why consulting, why Triage, so have lots of questions ready for them because there honestly isn't much to talk about. We then had a 15 minute break and then a 45 minute introduction to the case study. This is where we went through a sample of what the case study would be and pretty much gave us a template to follow along with when doing the actual 45 minute case study after. The case study was basically the work that Triage does. They gave you 3 different cases that included all of the billings for the procedures that the patient had, the insurance policy associated with that patient, and how the hospital decided to bill the insurance. In each of the cases, there was a way to charge the insurance more money to get more for the hospital. For example, if the hospital charged the insurance for the 3 days in the ER and it was a total of $12,000, and then you look on the patient procedures and see that implants were done, find that procedure in the policy associated with the patient, and see that this procedure can be billed $25,000 plus the $12,000 bill, then you say that this is how they should've done it. Basically, you're just searching for information that isn't necessarily apparent in the billings and policy but you just have to keep searching. I second guessed some of my decisions but just make sure you finish it.

After this case, the associate and senior associate I met at "breakfast" took me out to a nice lunch to just chat about anything and everything (they claimed to have no say in the decision process for Triage). We went to a great lunch and then I came back for another 45 minute behavioral interview. This one went the same as the rest.

After 2 days, I was notified by phone that I got the offer and they then forwarded me an email of the letter, but it didn't include much about the benefits and what not.

The process was overall pretty easy and only took about a month. Make sure you emphasize that you really are numbers orientated and are interested in the intricacies of health insurance and hospitals. Best of luck!

Interview Question – In 5 years, what do you want to be saying to yourself on a Sunday afternoon about your past 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary wasn't as good as another offer I received and the work didn't seem as interesting to me

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – There was a 30 minute on-campus interview with a Manager that was very conversational. They mainly discuss your resume and try to get a feel for your personality. A couple days later I was notified that I was selected for an in-office final round in Atlanta. All of the people were extremely friendly, and the two behavioral interviews were very straightforward. There is a case study component, but I do not think it is that important in their decision. Awesome company with an awesome culture!

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was mostly conversational   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer that was more competitive

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started with an on-campus interview. Spoke with a manager. Then was invited for the final round at their Atlanta office. Interviewed with a manager, then a principal. Behavioral questions, pretty conversational, nothing too out there. Then had a case study - which was generally pretty easy. Then went to lunch with an Associate and Senior Associate.

Interview Question – What's your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was over Skype, and very casual. The interviewer asked about my interest in Triage, the healthcare industry, and several behavioral questions

Interview Question – Why healthcare?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Triage Consulting Group

Worked for Triage Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Triage Consulting Group Videos

Triage Consulting Group – Why Work for Us?

Triage is one of the nation’s leading hospital revenue review consultancies, with offices in San Francisco and Atlanta. We are a dedicated and energetic team of over 400 talented and highly-educated professionals who… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Triage Consulting Group Associate interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Triage Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.