Triage Consulting Group

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

The interview process was very straightforward and organized. I interviewed on campus for my first round and met with a principal who was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. 2nd round I was flown to their headquarters in San Francisco and had a half day interview. Again, everyone I met was very smart, intelligent and ambitious; I could tell that everyone liked working there. There is an hour long case that is proctored, where you work on an assignment reflective of the kind of work they do at Triage. One of the coordinators walk through an example with you and then you're off on your own. I would say that the case is quite tough and is not easy, especially if you snoozed off during the example. You really have to pay attention because the case can get tricky; you could feel like you breezed through it, but in actuality, you missed the key points.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to work ethic, former leadership experience, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

The interview process consisted of multiple rounds. Two rounds of Skype interviews. Final round was a superday held in San Francisco and lasted about 5-6 hours. The superday consisted of multiple interviews and a case study.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2015.

I was emailed and asked to select a time for a phone interview. It was easy to schedule. They called approximately on time and we talked for about 25 minutes. It was a pretty low key interview, and the caller did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were a team member or a leader   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interviewers were super nice and answered my questions thoroughly. It was difficult to gauge how well/poorly the interview was going because they were so friendly. Great company culture and opportunities for growth. However, the application process seemed slow compared to other firms I applied to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you picked the school and major that you did.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

After meeting with representative on campus during a career fair, I completed a brief (~30 minute) Skype interview with a senior official in the claims division. After this, I was invited to their San Francisco office for a final interview. The final interview was a few hours in length and was mostly behavioral in nature, with plenty of focus on relevant experience and motivations for working in the healthcare sector. The interviewers were very polite and the experience was positive, though I did not succeed in getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the healthcare industry changing in the next five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Went through off campus recruiting in the summer. I had a quick Skype call (about 20 min) with a Senior associate just to gauge my interest in the position and talk very briefly about my resume. He also told me about his background and experiences at Triage. This went well and they emailed me to schedule 2, 45 minute back to back Skype calls with two Senior associates. These interviews were very much the same as the initial one. Very conversational, we talked about college, going abroad, living in SF, ect. Definitely not a stressful interview. After this they emailed me and invited me to fly up to SF for an in office interview. They tell you beforehand exactly how the interview will go…3 45 minute interviews with 3 different Principals at the company, lunch with 2 senior associates, and a case study. The day was really straight forward, you meet the senior associates you will be having lunch with in the morning and they walk you through your day. Ask them questions to relieve any of the nerves you have about interviewing. The senior associates I met were both super cool and gave me and definitely helped to calm me down. My first 45 min interview was pretty easy going, we talked about my interest in the healthcare system and my involvement in on campus clubs/groups (mostly my sorority). The second 45 min interview was a bit more nerve wracking because he asked me a lot of questions about my quantitative skills/work experience and I felt like I rambled a lot. He then saw that I studied abroad and we talked about traveling so I felt the interview ended on a positive not. After these two interviews we had the case study. They spend about 45 minutes explaining how insurance contracts and billing works and then you do a practice problem. Pay attention here because they literally tell you exactly what you will be doing for the case study. You then have 3 insurance contract 'problems' to work out. Despite them outlining what you do beforehand, I was still super confused. I finished the first one no problem, got most of the second one and hardly started the third question before time was up. Just make sure that, even if you don't complete all of the math, you write something in the 'explanation' portion to show that you understood the bigger picture (i.e., why the bill wasn't paid correctly due to some stipulation in the insurance contract). After the case study we went to lunch at a really nice restaurant right on the water. Obviously you are still interviewing here and should be well mannered/professional, but remember that a huge part of this interview process is looking past your skill sets to gauge you as a person. A lot of the associate's work involves travel and when it comes down to it, the senior associates interviewing you want to make sure that you're a cool person to be around and someone they wouldn't mind being stuck in an airport or hotel room with. That being said, the conversation here is a lot more casual. We talked about college, family, living in the city, adjusting to the work world, ext. This is a good opportunity to ask questions about company culture, I remember they told me a lot about what Triager's do to have fun, the bonding activities they have and trips they go on. They definitely sold me on it being a fun group of people to work with. It seems arbitrary but order a soda or coffee at lunch. It's a really long day and, especially after eating, you might feel like dropping to the floor from exhaustion. The caffeine will help. After lunch we went back and had the last 45 minute interview. She mostly asked what kind of questions I had about Triage, the interview process, the type of work I'd be doing. The one major thing I noticed after the day in general is that they want you to ask A LOT of questions. The interviews are very conversational, they really didn't ask very many behavioral questions that I remember, maybe 2 or 3. That being said, make sure you're prepared to talk about yourself but realize that there may be 15 minutes at the end that they stop asking you questions about your qualifications and so you need to have plenty of questions ready to fill time. I brought a resume holder and a notepad with me with a list of questions written down because I knew I wouldn't remember everything I wanted to ask. Overall the day was pretty straight forward, everyone was incredibly friendly and excited to have you there, and the interviews were not necessarily difficult. Despite this I still felt really bad about the day but I think I was overanalyzing everything I said during the interviews. I was also the only one in my interview group to not finish the case study and so that really rocked my confidence. What I realized later though is that they aren't necessarily looking for someone who knows everything about insurance contracts. They teach you all that in training, they mostly look for well rounded people who are adaptive and pick up on things quickly.

Interview Questions
    Salary is pretty good for entry-level, non negotiable

Associate Consultant Interview

I went to several of their on-campus recruiting events and info sessions. I was so excited about this company and I did everything to be ready to apply. I passed the screening. First interview was held on campus. It seemed to me that the guy made up his mind about me in the beginning and I knew I wouldn't get called for another interview. I was right. Not sure what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important aspect of a job or work environment? Why Triage Consulting?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analysis Interview

I applied through my campus recruit and from there I was able to schedule an in person interview. The interview was very casual, it seemed like they just wanted to see who you are as a person. With that being said, I also believe they already knew who they were going to pick before the interview even started.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

I interviewed on my college campus. Only 4 resumes were selected for the interview for the intern position and only one gets picked as the intern. The interview was a short (40 minutes) with behavioral questions. It was very informal.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask your friends what the worst things are about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2014.

Applied online through my university and was selected for a 30min first round interview. The interview was almost entirely focused on your personality and other behavioral type questions. Some of the questions included:
    -Why did you choose your school and major?
    -Most rewarding and challenging projects?
    -Hobbies outside of school?

Interview Questions
    • What would we talk about at dinner if we couldn't talk about work or hobbies?   Answer Question