Triage Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I attended multiple on-campus recruiting events, including both an information session and career fair, before applying to the firm. I was invited to a first round, on-campus interview. It lasted about 30 minutes and was very conversational. I was then notified the next day that I made it to the second (and final) round interview at the firm. That interview was about 4 hours, and included a lunch with two associates, two interviews, and a case study. The case study is pretty straight forward and involves their day to day work. The people at Triage were very friendly throughout the entire interview process, and took a genuine interest in getting to know you. I was notified a few days later about an offer.

Interview Question – The case study is straight forward, requiring reading comprehension and basic math skills. It gives great insight into the day-to-day work of an associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started with an on-campus interview. Spoke with a manager. Then was invited for the final round at their Atlanta office. Interviewed with a manager, then a principal. Behavioral questions, pretty conversational, nothing too out there. Then had a case study - which was generally pretty easy. Then went to lunch with an Associate and Senior Associate.

Interview Question – What's your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was over Skype, and very casual. The interviewer asked about my interest in Triage, the healthcare industry, and several behavioral questions

Interview Question – Why healthcare?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted by application online (came from a non-core campus). I received an email setting up a phone interview with a current Associate a few days later. The interview was very conversational and relaxed - basic background information and going over my resume with a few questions about the work Triage did. Unfortunately I was not asked back for the second round of interviews.

At the time I thought I did okay, but in retrospect I don't think I was a good fit for the company. They are looking for very extroverted people. Additionally, I came from a non-business/finance background so that may have put me at a disadvantage. Be sure to demonstrate your passion for healthcare, being a team player, and competence in quantitative analysis skills.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Triage Consulting Group

Interview Details – Did the off campus recruiting. brief phone interview, very conversational. then had webinar with useless info (biggest waste of 45 min). then skype interview-- really friendly person. then in person 4 hour day. lunch with current associates. 5 interviews total.

Interview Question – how would your previous employer describe you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Triage Consulting Group

Interview Details – Initial phone screening. Follow-up interview over phone, followed by in office interview.

Interview Question – Case study but straightforward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. The first round is typically on your university campus, 30-minutes and painless. I was asked questions about my interest in Triage and leadership/ teamwork experience while in college. The final-round was in their office in San Francisco. Beautiful office and great location. Experience was pretty painless, they do a great job pairing you with associates that would relate to you. I had a wonderful lunch and the "test" was not hard if you have basic math and reading comprehension skills. Met with 3 senior level executives. Overall very pleasant, just not the work I am interested in. A great job for someone looking to get experience and to a manager level soon after graduation.

Interview Question – Mostly why I wanted to go into healthcare auditing given my background was not even related.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The work seemed to be unchallenging and boring.

Interviewed at Triage Consulting Group

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty straight forward for off campus recruits. You start with a phone/skype interview and then two on site interviews. Unfortunately you have to pay for the first trip out yourself, but it's a good way for them to weed out uncommitted candidates. There is one case interview that is also pretty do able. They give you full direction in the beginning and it's really just a measure to see if you can do the most basic thing they do.

Interview Question – My most difficult question was why do you want to be in business (I came from a psychology background)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone is paid the same salary at their level.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in September 2009.

Interview Details – There is an on-campus interview with one of the 5 main campuses recruited from: GA Tech, UGA, Duke, UNC, and Emory. The next interview is in the office. Expect a lunch with a Senior Associate and an Associate, as well as 2 interviews: one with a manager, one with a principal. There is a case study.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at Triage Consulting Group

Interview Details – Very pleasurable interview process in general. They came to campus recruiting, I got my name in through the info session, followed by a simple behavioral first round interview on campus (just went over my resume and relevant work experience). Was selected for a final round interview in San Francisco which was long, but a smooth process. Three 45 minute interviews with principals broken up by an hour lunch a senior and junior associate. All the interviews were very relaxed with only one asking tougher questions. Also included a case interview which was really just simple algebra, but be sure to pay close attention as they explain how it's done because if you miss something it can hurt your score. Not similar to other consulting firms case interviews, more of what the actual entry level work is like there, which is essentially just insurance report auditing for hospitals.

Interview Question – The case interview was the most difficult part simply because I missed a few of the details as it was explained. Like I said, just pay close attention to the instructor and you should be fine assuming you understand algebra.   Answer Question