Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

40 interviews

2.5

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in December 2009.

The recruitment team was great, and had very good communication skills at the career fair as well as follow up email contact. Everyone is overall very friendly. I only made it to the first round interview and was asked basic questions about myself. The Senior Associate interviewing me told me my major wasn't one they normally hired from and told me to "sell me on why I should hire you"- since i wasn't a business-related major. This threw me off guard since I was told by various professors and professionals that this was an inappropriate question to ask. I froze and new after my answer that I didn't sell myself the way he wanted. Overall it was a great experience for me, but wish he would have asked me more specific questions to get a feel for what my work ethic is really like.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should I hire you out of the other hundred applicants in our pile?"   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2011.

I got first round interviews on campus recruiting career fair, the interviewer was super nice and cracked a few jokes about being an alumni. Be sure to be witty and know your resume backwards and forwards and anything that deals with major, school, credentials. (Heard back the day after)
    Second (final) round was on site and scheduled it a week after the first interview. It was grueling, 9-3 pm interview with no breaks (to be by yourself). You meet with your other interview group mates and get a list of HIGH up people you will talk to for about 45-1 hour. 2 interviews, 30-45 min presentation about the skills test. 45 min tests (highly watched) and 3 case studies. 1 hour lunch with two senior consultants at a nearby restaurant. At this point, you are tired and feel shitty about the test, so chatting up two really friendly consultants was not the best idea for lunch. Come back and go to final round with Principal and get reimbursement forms. You will get an answer within 2 weeks and without any feedback. Be sure to turn in reimbursement form because it is super worth it!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2012.

Simple phone interview going over resume and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go into the healthcare consulting industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2012.

I found out about Triage through on-campus recruiting. Went to an info session afterward, applied online, and got called for a first round on-campus interview at the Career Center. Interview was very typical behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and the conversation was casual; half the time we talked about things not directly related to the position. After that, they called me again a few days later to come into their SF office for a 2nd round interview. This consisted of 3 behavioral interviews with Principals/Managers, as well as a case study. Overall everyone was very friendly. Within 2 weeks they got back to me via email, but unfortunately I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you think 3 good qualities a leader should have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2012.

I applied online through their website and was contacted to have a phone interview. the phone interview is a easy behavioral interview done by a Triage employee. I was then asked to fly into SF (because I was not a campus recruit) to interview for the second round. I had to pay for this trip out of pocket. The second round consists of a orientation that explains the company to you and two individual interviews with Principals. They really are looking at your personality to see if you fit in with the culture. I was called in for a third interview which they paid for. The 3rd interview consists of meeting with 3 Principals and 2 associates who take you to lunch. Lunch is a super easy going. the employees at triage are great at putting you to ease! My advice would be - be friendly, smile, and show them your personality.

Interview Questions
    They do zero negotiation- I was hoping they would but unfortunately not. I took the position because it seems like a great place to work.

Claims Recovery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

As a fresh graduate, I applied for the position and got the phone interview the next week. Typical phone interview questions. Only that you should do researches on the position and its responsibilities. The interviewer first asked what do you know about the position and later explained in-detail about the position and his own background. Unlike the consultant position in the company, claim recovery analyst does not need to travel. More likely, you will be reviewing rejected claims from the insurance company and looking into it. You will try to analyze the right amount and deal with insurance companies to try to overturn their original rejections. He also asked why the position and your own experiences. They would like to know more about your analytical and quantitative background. They also use Excel mainly, so I guess you should have experiences in that. They are looking for someone with more business background and more working experiences.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

I received a call from an Associate at Triage asking me for information about me off the paper. I spoke with her for about 30 mins reviewing the company and my background. I was invited back to an on-campus interview where I spoke with one of the Principles.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2011.

Conversational interview asking standard behavioral questions. Interviewer tried to probe into weaknesses and negative aspects of my work experience/personality. Some of the questions were worded difficultly and made it difficult to come to an answer that was practiced. The interview was conversational for the most part talking over the different points on resume and difficulties faced.

Interview Questions
    • What type of person do you have the most difficulty working with?   Answer Question
    • Can you handle a role which is numbers heavy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in June 2008.

One one campus interview-- then a series of 4-5 interviews in the SF Home office, and lunch interview with 2 peers

Interview Questions
    • You have a good GPA, but you are a history major, so how smart are you really?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were made/given....

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in January 2009.

Great people and culture of the company seems awesome. The interview process was pretty straight forward. They held info sessions on campus and were at our career fair. Once resumes were submitted I got a call for a phone interview. Spent about 45 minutes on the phone with the interviewer but it not too bad just went over resume. Then had an on campus interview-behavioral. Did not make it to final rounds.

Interview Questions

Worked for Triage Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!