Triage Consulting Group

Updated Apr 6, 2014

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – The recruitment team was great, and had very good communication skills at the career fair as well as follow up email contact. Everyone is overall very friendly. I only made it to the first round interview and was asked basic questions about myself. The Senior Associate interviewing me told me my major wasn't one they normally hired from and told me to "sell me on why I should hire you"- since i wasn't a business-related major. This threw me off guard since I was told by various professors and professionals that this was an inappropriate question to ask. I froze and new after my answer that I didn't sell myself the way he wanted. Overall it was a great experience for me, but wish he would have asked me more specific questions to get a feel for what my work ethic is really like.

Interview Question – "Why should I hire you out of the other hundred applicants in our pile?"   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I got first round interviews on campus recruiting career fair, the interviewer was super nice and cracked a few jokes about being an alumni. Be sure to be witty and know your resume backwards and forwards and anything that deals with major, school, credentials. (Heard back the day after)
Second (final) round was on site and scheduled it a week after the first interview. It was grueling, 9-3 pm interview with no breaks (to be by yourself). You meet with your other interview group mates and get a list of HIGH up people you will talk to for about 45-1 hour. 2 interviews, 30-45 min presentation about the skills test. 45 min tests (highly watched) and 3 case studies. 1 hour lunch with two senior consultants at a nearby restaurant. At this point, you are tired and feel shitty about the test, so chatting up two really friendly consultants was not the best idea for lunch. Come back and go to final round with Principal and get reimbursement forms. You will get an answer within 2 weeks and without any feedback. Be sure to turn in reimbursement form because it is super worth it!

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview going over resume and qualifications.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go into the healthcare consulting industry?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was an off-campus recruit so the process was a bit different for me. I had a skype screening with an associate there and we talked about basic stuff more or less—why I wanted to work for Triage, am I familiar with their business model, etc. I then flew in to interview with two managers. I nailed my first interview, it was behavioral, but the second partner specifically wanted to hear about passion for healthcare. Make sure you have passion for healthcare. And mentioning a remote interest in business school is a big no no.

Interview Question – Why are you passionate about healthcare?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied via my schools job site. I received an email a week or two later asking to set up an in person interview on campus. I prepared for the interview but the guy who I spoke with seemed incredibly disinterested and I knew I would not get a call back for their in person-half day-final interview. Their loss. It seems like a simple job where they teach you anything you need to know. The salary was competitive and the location was great, but the nature of the work seemed dull and overall unrewarding...but I didnt get the job so who am I to say anything...

Claims Recovery Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – As a fresh graduate, I applied for the position and got the phone interview the next week. Typical phone interview questions. Only that you should do researches on the position and its responsibilities. The interviewer first asked what do you know about the position and later explained in-detail about the position and his own background. Unlike the consultant position in the company, claim recovery analyst does not need to travel. More likely, you will be reviewing rejected claims from the insurance company and looking into it. You will try to analyze the right amount and deal with insurance companies to try to overturn their original rejections. He also asked why the position and your own experiences. They would like to know more about your analytical and quantitative background. They also use Excel mainly, so I guess you should have experiences in that. They are looking for someone with more business background and more working experiences.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an Associate at Triage asking me for information about me off the paper. I spoke with her for about 30 mins reviewing the company and my background. I was invited back to an on-campus interview where I spoke with one of the Principles.

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Conversational interview asking standard behavioral questions. Interviewer tried to probe into weaknesses and negative aspects of my work experience/personality. Some of the questions were worded difficultly and made it difficult to come to an answer that was practiced. The interview was conversational for the most part talking over the different points on resume and difficulties faced.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – Great people and culture of the company seems awesome. The interview process was pretty straight forward. They held info sessions on campus and were at our career fair. Once resumes were submitted I got a call for a phone interview. Spent about 45 minutes on the phone with the interviewer but it not too bad just went over resume. Then had an on campus interview-behavioral. Did not make it to final rounds.

Interview Question – Why Triage?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – My interview came from campus recruiting. I attended an on campus info session and networking event, then submitted my resume and cover letter in order to get the interview. The interview consisted of standard behavioral questions and questions about why I might be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What in your background will help do your job with our company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Triage Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Triage Consulting Group Videos

Triage Consulting Group – Why Work for Us?

Triage is one of the nation’s leading hospital revenue review consultancies, with offices in San Francisco and Atlanta. We are a dedicated and energetic team of over 400 talented and highly-educated professionals who… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Triage Consulting Group interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Triage Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.