Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

40 interviews

2.5

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2014.

Made it through the second round of Skype interviews, didn't make it to the third. The first was really relaxed, I think she was a senior associate. The second round was a bit longer and more in depth, with managers. They ask standard questions, and fill up a lot of the time telling you about themselves. My mistake was downplaying my strengths to try to match what I thought they wanted. They really just want someone who has a genuinely good attitude, professional word choice, and gives confident answers without stumbling. Knowing a lot about the company through the website will set you apart too. They want people who are curious about the company., and people who will contribute to, not just appreciate, the friendly culture. They will give you a fair chance, just got to be in the moment and have the answers ready to go.

Interview Questions
    • What are five different words would your friends would use to describe you?   View Answer

Claims Resolution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Applied Online. They called back with an initial phone interview with one person. Asked standard behavioral questions. Got a call back to come in for an onsite interview. It consisted of interviews with three people as well as a lunch with two current employees. It was very professional. Two of the three interviewers were very personable.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical/analytical or unusual questions. I did get asked about a time Iworked with others when they would not have been pleased with my work.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Resume and coverletter
    On Campus Recruiting at first: They were really nice! If you find a small talk point to connect to the interviewer with it makes a big difference
    On Site interview: Bring you to their office, take you out to a really nice lunch :) They give you a case interview to work on which each person fills out on paper individually. Not too difficult and they break it down for you in easy to follow ways.

Interview Questions
    • They give a case study to test your understanding of basic math/logic/reasoning   Answer Question

I happened to get the chance to work abroad, which was my top choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Applied online, went through a phone screen, then had two Skype interviews with managers. Flown out to the SF office for an on-site interview. The interview day was very structured: breakfast, two interviews, went out to lunch with an Associate and Senior Associate, case study, and a final interview. Overall, I was very impressed by how organized and seamless the entire process was. My interviewers were extremely professional and personable--they actually responded to my thank you emails with advice. Seem to be very invested in their employees! The only thing that worried me during the process was that there seemed to be a lack of diversity (mainly Caucasian, seemed to be middle-upper income young folk--likely because the company has been recruiting from mainly UC schools).

Interview Questions
    Base pay + signing bonus (non-negotiable). Option of 5 different start days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

found through someone who went to the same school, applied, got first round phone interview, then second round skype interview then final round on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • very general interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    still in interview process

Associate (First Year) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

On campus, casual interview followed by a full day on site

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, mostly asked about past experiences and interest in the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Triage came out to my school for a recruiting event. I talked to a lot of their employees and got a first round interview. It was very conversational. I was asked to go to their office in SF for a final round. All 3 interviews were pretty similar to the first round. Case study was not hard. They tell you how to do it very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2013.

First step was an on-campus 30 minute behavioral interview. I was interviewed by a principal and it was much more of a conversation than anything else.

If your selected for the second step, the company flies you out to the office in San Francisco where you have three 45 minute interviews with upper-level management. I was interviewed by the CEO, CFO, and a manager. I was also taken to lunch by an Associate and Senior Associate. After lunch there was a case.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the conversations are about past experiences and how it can be applied to your future career.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2013.

I applied through on-campus recruiting by sending in an application and a resume. I heard back and got an interview about a week later. The interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview that was really really casual. He only asked me one real behavioral question and the rest was kinda just saying why I wanted to work for Triage and what interested me about the work, which I bsed pretty well and said I loved working with numbers and the intricacies of the insurance industry and hospitals and patient synthesis.

Apparently I did well because I was contacted about 2 days later and was able to schedule a final round interview at their offices in San Francisco. They let me pick a flight reimburseable up to $250 from LAX and I had to send in a reimbursement form after the interviews.

I arrived at the office around 8:45 and they had me and 9 other candidates in the conference room. They had bagels and orange juice but I definitely should've eaten a real breakfast beforehand. Around 9:00, an associate and senior associate that you would be having lunch with later that day came in and introduced themselves and talked individually to us about the process. I then had 2 45 minute behavioral interviews that were very similar to my on campus one. Super casual and just why healthcare, why consulting, why Triage, so have lots of questions ready for them because there honestly isn't much to talk about. We then had a 15 minute break and then a 45 minute introduction to the case study. This is where we went through a sample of what the case study would be and pretty much gave us a template to follow along with when doing the actual 45 minute case study after. The case study was basically the work that Triage does. They gave you 3 different cases that included all of the billings for the procedures that the patient had, the insurance policy associated with that patient, and how the hospital decided to bill the insurance. In each of the cases, there was a way to charge the insurance more money to get more for the hospital. For example, if the hospital charged the insurance for the 3 days in the ER and it was a total of $12,000, and then you look on the patient procedures and see that implants were done, find that procedure in the policy associated with the patient, and see that this procedure can be billed $25,000 plus the $12,000 bill, then you say that this is how they should've done it. Basically, you're just searching for information that isn't necessarily apparent in the billings and policy but you just have to keep searching. I second guessed some of my decisions but just make sure you finish it.

After this case, the associate and senior associate I met at "breakfast" took me out to a nice lunch to just chat about anything and everything (they claimed to have no say in the decision process for Triage). We went to a great lunch and then I came back for another 45 minute behavioral interview. This one went the same as the rest.

After 2 days, I was notified by phone that I got the offer and they then forwarded me an email of the letter, but it didn't include much about the benefits and what not.

The process was overall pretty easy and only took about a month. Make sure you emphasize that you really are numbers orientated and are interested in the intricacies of health insurance and hospitals. Best of luck!

Interview Questions
    • In 5 years, what do you want to be saying to yourself on a Sunday afternoon about your past 5 years?   Answer Question

Salary wasn't as good as another offer I received and the work didn't seem as interesting to me

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2012.

Two rounds of interviews. The first round is typically on your university campus, 30-minutes and painless. I was asked questions about my interest in Triage and leadership/ teamwork experience while in college. The final-round was in their office in San Francisco. Beautiful office and great location. Experience was pretty painless, they do a great job pairing you with associates that would relate to you. I had a wonderful lunch and the "test" was not hard if you have basic math and reading comprehension skills. Met with 3 senior level executives. Overall very pleasant, just not the work I am interested in. A great job for someone looking to get experience and to a manager level soon after graduation.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly why I wanted to go into healthcare auditing given my background was not even related.   Answer Question

The work seemed to be unchallenging and boring.

Worked for Triage Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!