Triage Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Triage Consulting Group

Interview Details – Very pleasurable interview process in general. They came to campus recruiting, I got my name in through the info session, followed by a simple behavioral first round interview on campus (just went over my resume and relevant work experience). Was selected for a final round interview in San Francisco which was long, but a smooth process. Three 45 minute interviews with principals broken up by an hour lunch a senior and junior associate. All the interviews were very relaxed with only one asking tougher questions. Also included a case interview which was really just simple algebra, but be sure to pay close attention as they explain how it's done because if you miss something it can hurt your score. Not similar to other consulting firms case interviews, more of what the actual entry level work is like there, which is essentially just insurance report auditing for hospitals.

Interview Question – The case interview was the most difficult part simply because I missed a few of the details as it was explained. Like I said, just pay close attention to the instructor and you should be fine assuming you understand algebra.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my application through on-campus recruiting. 30 minute on-campus interview followed by a 6-hour in office interview the next week. I found out I got the job about 2 weeks later, although others found out after a couple of days.

Interview Question – I actually messed up the case study pretty bad, so clearly that is not a deal breaker. The three interviews I had on-site were all conversational, only a couple standard interview questions were asked. Just be friendly and natural and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – Went through 2 interviews, a 30 minute on-campus interview and a 6 hour interview at the SF office. Interviewed with 2 principals and 1 manager and did a case interview. Had a really nice lunch with an associate and senior associate. Overall a really enjoyable experience, everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly.

Interview Question – Describe a time you displayed integrity.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was an off-campus recruit so the process was a bit different for me. I had a skype screening with an associate there and we talked about basic stuff more or less—why I wanted to work for Triage, am I familiar with their business model, etc. I then flew in to interview with two managers. I nailed my first interview, it was behavioral, but the second partner specifically wanted to hear about passion for healthcare. Make sure you have passion for healthcare. And mentioning a remote interest in business school is a big no no.

Interview Question – Why are you passionate about healthcare?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted application through school career website and was called for a phone pre-screen interview with a current Associate. The conversation lasted around 15 minutes and she gave me a long explanation of the work that Triage does since it is a very niche type of healthcare consulting. She also asked for my ACT/SAT scores. Two days later I was called into the next round which was a 30 minute interview on campus with a Principal of the firm. The interview was all conversational and they seemed to be looking for fit. He was friendly but seemed to be at a loss for questions he actually wanted to ask. I thought it went well but Triage was far from my first choice and it was probably clear that I wasn't a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable talking on the phone?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – They recruit from several main campuses. Generally, the campus recruitment lead is an associate that has graduated from there. They really want you to get hired so don't be afraid to talk to them and ask for advice. I highly recommend speaking/visiting them at all their events.

From there you do an on campus interview with an director/partner. If you pass, you move on to the in office all day interview.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a right fit?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the website and was called for a phone screen which was just an overview of my résumé. I was then called back for a behavioral interview which was also fairly conversational. The last interview was all day and included a lunch with current employees and a case interview which was pretty simple and no preparation was necessary. They are basically looking for people who fit in with the young energetic culture.

Interview Question – I was asked about my favorite atypical activity.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2009.

Interview Details – Typically, Triage the hiring and interview process is as an undergraduate at one of the universities from which Triage usually recruits. First, Triage comes to campus for career fairs throughout the year, as well as one or two information sessions. They give you all the information you would need to apply and answer questions about the position. Then, you submit your application (cover letter and resume). If you are chosen for an interview, you schedule it through your career development center on campus. The second and final interview is in the Triage office for a half day. At the office, you will interview with 2 or 3 current Managers and Principals, have lunch with 2 current Associates, and do a case study similar to the work you would do on a regular basis.

Interview Question – Who knows you the best in the world and why?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group.

Interview Details – Interview process was very transparent and professional. My application was submitted through the standard college recruiting process, I then went through 2 short on-campus behavioral interviews, and finally participated in a full day of behavioral and case interviews at the company's SF headquarters. Everyone was very professional, pleasant, and well organized in their interview techniques. Also was treated to a great lunch with several recent hires and other junior consultants to better understand the people and culture at the firm.

Interview Question – Interesting and very specific case related to healthcare. Very relevant to the day-to-day work that associates do at the firm.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – Easy first behavioral interview and then full day in office interview with case studies specific to work done at Triage looking at insurance contracts. The interviewers were very easy going and seemed to be really interested in my future career plans although this might be because I hear that they have a pretty high turnover rate for new hires.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the healthcare industry?   Answer Question