Triage Consulting Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted my application through on-campus recruiting. 30 minute on-campus interview followed by a 6-hour in office interview the next week. I found out I got the job about 2 weeks later, although others found out after a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• I actually messed up the case study pretty bad, so clearly that is not a deal breaker. The three interviews I had on-site were all conversational, only a couple standard interview questions were asked. Just be friendly and natural and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was an off-campus recruit so the process was a bit different for me. I had a skype screening with an associate there and we talked about basic stuff more or less—why I wanted to work for Triage, am I familiar with their business model, etc. I then flew in to interview with two managers. I nailed my first interview, it was behavioral, but the second partner specifically wanted to hear about passion for healthcare. Make sure you have passion for healthcare. And mentioning a remote interest in business school is a big no no.

Application

Interview

Went through 2 interviews, a 30 minute on-campus interview and a 6 hour interview at the SF office. Interviewed with 2 principals and 1 manager and did a case interview. Had a really nice lunch with an associate and senior associate. Overall a really enjoyable experience, everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I submitted application through school career website and was called for a phone pre-screen interview with a current Associate. The conversation lasted around 15 minutes and she gave me a long explanation of the work that Triage does since it is a very niche type of healthcare consulting. She also asked for my ACT/SAT scores. Two days later I was called into the next round which was a 30 minute interview on campus with a Principal of the firm. The interview was all conversational and they seemed to be looking for fit. He was friendly but seemed to be at a loss for questions he actually wanted to ask. I thought it went well but Triage was far from my first choice and it was probably clear that I wasn't a good fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first round is typically on your university campus, 30-minutes and painless. I was asked questions about my interest in Triage and leadership/ teamwork experience while in college. The final-round was in their office in San Francisco. Beautiful office and great location. Experience was pretty painless, they do a great job pairing you with associates that would relate to you. I had a wonderful lunch and the "test" was not hard if you have basic math and reading comprehension skills. Met with 3 senior level executives. Overall very pleasant, just not the work I am interested in. A great job for someone looking to get experience and to a manager level soon after graduation.

Interview Questions

• Mostly why I wanted to go into healthcare auditing given my background was not even related.   Answer Question

The work seemed to be unchallenging and boring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very transparent and professional. My application was submitted through the standard college recruiting process, I then went through 2 short on-campus behavioral interviews, and finally participated in a full day of behavioral and case interviews at the company's SF headquarters. Everyone was very professional, pleasant, and well organized in their interview techniques. Also was treated to a great lunch with several recent hires and other junior consultants to better understand the people and culture at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Interesting and very specific case related to healthcare. Very relevant to the day-to-day work that associates do at the firm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I found out about Triage through on-campus recruiting. Went to an info session afterward, applied online, and got called for a first round on-campus interview at the Career Center. Interview was very typical behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and the conversation was casual; half the time we talked about things not directly related to the position. After that, they called me again a few days later to come into their SF office for a 2nd round interview. This consisted of 3 behavioral interviews with Principals/Managers, as well as a case study. Overall everyone was very friendly. Within 2 weeks they got back to me via email, but unfortunately I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you think 3 good qualities a leader should have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was contacted to have a phone interview. the phone interview is a easy behavioral interview done by a Triage employee. I was then asked to fly into SF (because I was not a campus recruit) to interview for the second round. I had to pay for this trip out of pocket. The second round consists of a orientation that explains the company to you and two individual interviews with Principals. They really are looking at your personality to see if you fit in with the culture. I was called in for a third interview which they paid for. The 3rd interview consists of meeting with 3 Principals and 2 associates who take you to lunch. Lunch is a super easy going. the employees at triage are great at putting you to ease! My advice would be - be friendly, smile, and show them your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do zero negotiation- I was hoping they would but unfortunately not. I took the position because it seems like a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online through career services webpage
    Received offer to interview shortly after submission deadline
    Interview consisted of 1:1 with a principal (15+ years with the organization). Questions were not difficult and revolved around personality/willingness to commit. I was given time to ask questions, and appreciated the detail of the answers I received.
    I was notified 3 days later with the message that I was no longer being considered for the position -- I received no response to my questions for further details on strengths/weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Triage Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Most of what you see in these reviews is spot on-I won't repeat structure as they are very up front about the whole process from the start. They are mostly looking for fit-you need to be extroverted and comfortable in all of your conversations. They hire people they want to work with. If you are not a math major or Econ or business you will need to show math experience or they will not call you back. All of their interviews are very conversational in nature-let's talk about you, your experience, why you want to work in finance or health care or at the company. If you can do these things, as well as answer some basic questions about your leadership qualities and entice work experiences, it will all come down to fit. Good luck!