Triage Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through career services webpage
Received offer to interview shortly after submission deadline
Interview consisted of 1:1 with a principal (15+ years with the organization). Questions were not difficult and revolved around personality/willingness to commit. I was given time to ask questions, and appreciated the detail of the answers I received.
I was notified 3 days later with the message that I was no longer being considered for the position -- I received no response to my questions for further details on strengths/weaknesses.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website and was contacted to have a phone interview. the phone interview is a easy behavioral interview done by a Triage employee. I was then asked to fly into SF (because I was not a campus recruit) to interview for the second round. I had to pay for this trip out of pocket. The second round consists of a orientation that explains the company to you and two individual interviews with Principals. They really are looking at your personality to see if you fit in with the culture. I was called in for a third interview which they paid for. The 3rd interview consists of meeting with 3 Principals and 2 associates who take you to lunch. Lunch is a super easy going. the employees at triage are great at putting you to ease! My advice would be - be friendly, smile, and show them your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They do zero negotiation- I was hoping they would but unfortunately not. I took the position because it seems like a great place to work.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about Triage through on-campus recruiting. Went to an info session afterward, applied online, and got called for a first round on-campus interview at the Career Center. Interview was very typical behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and the conversation was casual; half the time we talked about things not directly related to the position. After that, they called me again a few days later to come into their SF office for a 2nd round interview. This consisted of 3 behavioral interviews with Principals/Managers, as well as a case study. Overall everyone was very friendly. Within 2 weeks they got back to me via email, but unfortunately I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me what you think 3 good qualities a leader should have.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview going over resume and qualifications.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go into the healthcare consulting industry?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I got first round interviews on campus recruiting career fair, the interviewer was super nice and cracked a few jokes about being an alumni. Be sure to be witty and know your resume backwards and forwards and anything that deals with major, school, credentials. (Heard back the day after)
Second (final) round was on site and scheduled it a week after the first interview. It was grueling, 9-3 pm interview with no breaks (to be by yourself). You meet with your other interview group mates and get a list of HIGH up people you will talk to for about 45-1 hour. 2 interviews, 30-45 min presentation about the skills test. 45 min tests (highly watched) and 3 case studies. 1 hour lunch with two senior consultants at a nearby restaurant. At this point, you are tired and feel shitty about the test, so chatting up two really friendly consultants was not the best idea for lunch. Come back and go to final round with Principal and get reimbursement forms. You will get an answer within 2 weeks and without any feedback. Be sure to turn in reimbursement form because it is super worth it!

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – Most of what you see in these reviews is spot on-I won't repeat structure as they are very up front about the whole process from the start. They are mostly looking for fit-you need to be extroverted and comfortable in all of your conversations. They hire people they want to work with. If you are not a math major or Econ or business you will need to show math experience or they will not call you back. All of their interviews are very conversational in nature-let's talk about you, your experience, why you want to work in finance or health care or at the company. If you can do these things, as well as answer some basic questions about your leadership qualities and entice work experiences, it will all come down to fit. Good luck!

Interview Question – What are the key aspects of successful teamwork?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Conversational interview asking standard behavioral questions. Interviewer tried to probe into weaknesses and negative aspects of my work experience/personality. Some of the questions were worded difficultly and made it difficult to come to an answer that was practiced. The interview was conversational for the most part talking over the different points on resume and difficulties faced.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an Associate at Triage asking me for information about me off the paper. I spoke with her for about 30 mins reviewing the company and my background. I was invited back to an on-campus interview where I spoke with one of the Principles.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university and was contacted by a friendly campus liason to request a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to a first round interview on campus. Both interviews were brief and fit-focused. After about a week, they contacted me requesting a final round interview at the San Francisco office. This final round was enjoyable although long. It consisted of interviews with a principal and two managers that were all behavioral in nature. There was also three straightforward written case questions in a group setting that they explain to you how to do before you begin. It is easy as long as you listen carefully. Very kind interviewers.

Interview Question – Why Triage in particular?   Answer Question

Claims Recovery Analyst Interview

Claims Recovery Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triage Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – As a fresh graduate, I applied for the position and got the phone interview the next week. Typical phone interview questions. Only that you should do researches on the position and its responsibilities. The interviewer first asked what do you know about the position and later explained in-detail about the position and his own background. Unlike the consultant position in the company, claim recovery analyst does not need to travel. More likely, you will be reviewing rejected claims from the insurance company and looking into it. You will try to analyze the right amount and deal with insurance companies to try to overturn their original rejections. He also asked why the position and your own experiences. They would like to know more about your analytical and quantitative background. They also use Excel mainly, so I guess you should have experiences in that. They are looking for someone with more business background and more working experiences.