Tribal DDB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tribal DDB.

Filled out thorough application. Really felt they wanted to get to know me as an individual. Came in and interviewed with 2 lovely people. Got the offer. There was a bit of disorganization once the interns arrived, however the hiring and interviewing process was structured and very clear. The later disorganization did not come from lack of planning but rather the shift in team structure, as the ad world has a very high turn over rate. Interview had a balanced question and answer and interviewers were genuine and intimidating in only the right ways.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tribal DDB.

I was reached out to by the hiring manager and recruiter for an Operations role. Both were very friendly and responsive via email. I had a very good, honest and motivating call with the CFO and was invited in for an interview the next day. I met with 6 people over the course of an hour and a half. All were very respectful of my time and all gave a very cohesive message about the agency, it's challenges and there view of the role I was applying for. I didn't take the role as another opportunity came up which was a better fit for me at the time, but I have very positive things to say about Tribal, and hope I cross paths with the people I met there in the future.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were thoughtful and none were especially difficult or designed to trip me up in any way. The interview process was very professional.   Answer Question

Another offer which was a better fit for me at that time

Intern (Account) Interview

The interview was just a short chat with the hr manager. hr executive and head of accounts.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tribal DDB in April 2013.

Interview process was really quick and painless. Appreciated the transparency offered regarding some of the current pain points by the people I spoke with during the interview process. Round 1 was one week with 4 people. Round 2 was the 2nd week with 2 additional people. I requested an additional phone interview during week 3 to follow up with clarifying questions on the role, vision of the agency, and account I'd be assigned.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't the questions asked. It was the information shared that took me by surprised. Spoke with 7 people and 5 of them shared details that would scare the typical person away. I was intrigued primarily because when I asked each one why they stayed at the agency, their response was the people and the recent change they see happening at the agency.   Answer Question
    Recruiter was aware of my planned vacation during the upcoming 90 days and told me it should be brought up after an offer is made. Agency met my salary requirements, so no back & forth there. Vacation days were minimal, but expected for a new hire. Informed HR of upcoming vacation as instructed by the recruiter. Inquired about the ability to work remotely during upcoming planned vacation. Soon learned the agency wanted someone who would not be out of the office for extended periods (more than a couple of days). Offer was rescinded by the agency as a result.

Account Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tribal DDB in May 2011.

My initial communication with the Tribal DDB team came from a networking event the summer prior. I kept in touch and when I sent in the application, i was sure to CC that person as well. I received an email requesting a phone interview about a month later. I spoke to the HR Manager at DDB Worldwide (who I had also met previously the summer before).

We spoke about the internship, my resume and I was able to ask questions. I got the sense that this internship was a lot of group work (with other interns), rather than working on an agency client. It's also a fairly new internship (2 years), so the structure is still being worked out.

People are extremely friendly and I hope to keep those contacts for when I'm looking for full time employment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your past experience. What was the most valuable thing you learned from ____ (previous internship)?   Answer Question
    • You have a lot of different academic experience. What value have you been able to take from each major you have concentrated on, and how can that be applied to this internship?   Answer Question

I ended up taking a different offer that I felt had slightly better content and an equally great reputation.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tribal DDB in March 2011.

Multiple interviews including a flight out and in-person interview for San Francisco office. Digital operation inside of traditional agency office, no clear division between the two. Managing director was sharp, but traditional planning folks understood little about digital. No follow-up afterwards, not even to provide more details about why they didn't see me as a fit.

Senior Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tribal DDB in February 2011.

Initially met with the agency president for coffee. Received word from HR that they wanted to bring me back in to meet the team the following Tuesday. Those meetings were never set up and I never heard back even as a courtesy to say they changed their mind.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tribal DDB in August 2010.

While the interview process took a very long time to get through and some additional communication would have been nice, I appreciated their honesty when speaking with me.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tribal DDB in May 2009.

I passed a friend who asked me how I was doing... he asked for my card. That afternoon I had a call for an interview. I've met with the managing director and founder in about a weeks time. I don't even have an updated resume!

Right now, it's just great to have contacts! If you can use those resources first, you're golden.

Where I interviewed, the culture is an open environment, the people are laid back and the culture seems to fit my personality. They are an independent shop, so they don't seem to stress about the "big number from NYC".

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Osos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Osos, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tribal DDB in February 2009.

Not the most professional environment