Tribune Company Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

2.5

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company in July 2013.

Got an email from HR, followed by a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. HR then handed me over to the Technical Support manager who then communicated with me through email. Tech manager scheduled interview with me through email. Came in for the interview, parked in a garage nearby (since the interview was downtown). I waited at the front lobby for the manager to come and escort me to the office/interview site.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding command lines and structure of web servers/data structures. The interview specially for the IT division did NOT consist of general questions like "What are your strengths and weaknesses" but rather, straight to the technical aspects.

The manager did most of the talking regarding their company's background. One of the smoothest interview process that I have ever had.
        Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Tribune Company in July 2012.

Talk to HR Recruiter. Then the process began with several interviews. This may not be the normal process, this is the process that I went through. The first interview began with a phone interview with the direct hiring manager,. An interview in person with the direct reporting team members in a panel interview setting.

TV Traffic Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tribune Company in August 2010.

Spoke with then general manager who had known of my work from previous places. Was receptive to idea of having me take over and stablize a part of the news that had been lacking in that area for quite awhile

very basic

Street Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company.

I went in for just one interview and the employer interviewing me was a complete delight. She made me feel very comfortable and it did seem a little "laid back" but the job is laid back as well so they go together.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was only half and hour and the employer just wanted to get to know me and my personality to see if I would get along with the rest of the team.   Answer Question
    The job already came with a set salary so no negotiating.

Senior Accountant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company in December 2013.

The total process took about 6 weeks. About 3 weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted my HR and asked to respond to a brief pre-screen questionnaire. A phone screen was scheduled quickly within the week. Over the following 3 weeks, I was asked to come in for 2 on-site interviews with the hiring manager and 2 other directors. I received an offer the day after the 2nd on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your level of experience with Excel? The questions were pretty standard and straightforward.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate more vacation time.

AP & Royalty Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company.

Met with the Director of FInance, Controller, AP and AR Manager. The interview was very comfortable and friendly

Interview Questions
    • If you were to put together your own team. What are some characteristics you would look for in a team member?   View Answer
    I didn't neogotiate.

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone, she seemed very excited about my background. In person interview with the department manager the next day was such a waste. It lasted less than 20 mins and after 5 mins I knew she was uninterested.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company.

First round is five question asked via email. These are general question like why you think you are a good fit for this job and what are you strengths. Second round is phone interview. The hiring manager would ask you some details about the projects you did in the past.

Interview Questions
    • There is no unexpected question. But be prepared about the details of the projects you did.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company in June 2013.

I had two phone interviews. The first was with the HR representative. She was very nice and asked the usual interview questions. I tried to ask as many questions as possible and she answered as much as she could. She mentioned that the supervisor would explain the job duties.

I had the interview with the supervisor and he gave me a brief overview of the job. I think it is a new internship and he wasn't sure exactly what I would focus on. He most;y focused on my background.

Interview Questions
    • The supervisor asked me about software I had used that wasn't really related to the position. It threw me off a little since I wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question
    They were really reasonable. They are very flexible on hours. The pay they offered was great.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tribune Company in April 2012.

Meet with local sales manager and if you pass then they set up another meeting with the general sales manager. They ask you questions about how motivated you are to succeed and ask you if you expect things to come easily to you. They want to make sure you are highly self motivated (to basically make cold calls non stop)

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me on buying a television commercial with you? Why should I choose FOX43 out of every other station in this market?   View Answer
    Entry level - I took what I could get, which was a base of 25,000.

Worked for Tribune Company? Contribute to the Community!