Tribune Company

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tribune Company in July 2012.

Contacted initially by a contract recruiter working for Tribune. The conversation went well enough to speak with the hiring manager, although there were some concerns on whether I'd fell fulfilled in the role. Getting to the hiring manager was weird in that it was scheduled, cancelled and then rescheduled. Even at the rescheduled time the hiring manager was 20 mins late to the phone interview. I had to all the recruiter to find out what happened. Then the hiring manager called me right after that. By then, I figured out why they're "emerging" from bankruptcy. Several weeks later, after I reached out to the recruiter a few times, I found out they filled the role with an internal candidate. In retrospect I feel like the old guard is trying to preserve itself in the midst of the bankruptcy emergence and that I was interviewed only to put a check mark in the box of "I looked at external candidates." Given the hiring manager's unprofessionalism, I'd bet they already had the status quo hire in mind and I was just a smoke screen.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing technical about product management at all. All about role, it's "newness" et al. Nothing worth remembering   Answer Question