Trident Seafoods Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Environmental Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Trident Seafoods in February 2014.

Communication was short but frequent. 2 weeks after submitting my resume and numerous calls I called and asked for a interview which I got promptly. The interview was long but relaxed. I mostly listened and confirmed I understood what the interviewer was talking about. Another 2 weeks went by and I called back to ask if they had made a decision and they replied with an email asking what a salary I would like.

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Trident Seafoods.

Two interviews, both consisted of group interviews, second one was not so friendly. I felt like they were trying to trip me up on my resume with questions regarding my work history. It felt as though one of the interviewers were trying to discredit my work history by making snide comments disguised as interview questions. -Just got a really bad vibe from this person. One of the comments mentioned a "man-centric" work environment, that was the feeling I was getting from this person. I read the comment AFTER my interview because I wanted to see what other employees had to say about this company. I wish I would have read it sooner and not accepted the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • There no unexpected questions or difficult ones only the snide remarks about some of my jobs that I had in the past. Unfortunately, this person has some pull in the office...   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Trident Seafoods in April 2010.

Temp to hire, management hiring priorities are production and fishing vessels. Hiring for non-production jobs can be very lengthy and stressful. Interviews are professional, well represented by HR and relevant management. Networking with existing employees is highly useful in being considered for an interview.Background checks are thorough. Experience is valued more highly than education.

Because hiring is always temp to hire, there really is little negotiation.

Accountant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Trident Seafoods.

standard Interview process, met snr mgt

Fish Processor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Trident Seafoods in April 2012.

Apply online.
    Go to the recruiting / hiring event.
    Get a 2 minute interview
    Fill out your medical questionnaire online
    Go get a drug test
    Get your assignment online and go.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you take it or leave it

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Trident Seafoods in December 2008.

I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter. I was contacted by a recruiter or person from the HR dept. A 1:1 interview was scheduled very easily and was given a personality test after the interview. I was asked specific questions regarding recovery percentages for specific species of seafood. It was clear that a succesful candidate would need years of seafood sales or Alaskan fishing knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What is the recovery rate for an H&G salmon   View Answer
    • Who would you market Surimi to if the value were to drop under $1?   Answer Question

I feel like I did a great job with the interview. It was not particularily challenged but did not have a very specific knowledge of seafood sales, particularily species.

Worked for Trident Seafoods? Contribute to the Community!