Triec Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service/Sales Representative Interview

Customer Service/Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Triec Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who works at Triec Group and emailed them my resume. Was then contacted the next day by their manager and scheduled for an interview with their director for the following afternoon.Interview was pretty brief, but answered most of my basic questions and consisted of some standard interview questions. Invited back for a full day interview to shadow one of their current employees. Had a lot of fun, went to lunch and was explained in detail advancement and compensation and was impressed by the overall professionalism of the person I was shadowing and how well customers responded to him. Even though I was a bit unclear at first, it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for in a career change.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult challenge in the workplace you've had to overcome and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward, they explained the job offer and I accepted. It was broken down further during my first day and all of the paperwork was explained in detail.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triec Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – went in for a one on one interview and asked questions about your past experiences and how you can fit in and become a leader and its a simple interview on basic questions on the past and who influences you as well and why you should get the position after that they told me to come in for a shadow interview which lasted the whole day and went door to door in a neighborhood trying to sell the product and it does say that there is a base salary of 35k-40k + commision(25%) but really the monthly compensation for starting is less than a grand a month and they offer you to only take only commision which is the second option which is a better deal than the salary amount they give you weekly if you hit your sales. so if you are looking for a steady income and dont want to go door to door everyday be prepared the staff are really friendly

Interview Question – how can your leadership skills help you in this position   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – this job can advance from how many door to door sales you get but having degree would not be worth it because you pretty much make your own salary and have a lot of cold customers because personally for me i would decline someone coming up to my door trying to sell me something that i would need to be in a contract for a year

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Triec Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via indeed.com and received a phone call the next day to set up an interview. I was unable to make it to the office, and the Hiring Manager was understanding and instead set up the first interview over the phone the following day. I was told I would be emailed a confirmation of the interview time and never received it. The phone interview was very short and basic "getting to know you" questions were asked. The woman told me she wanted to set up a second job shadow interview. I notified her that I never received a confirmation email and made sure they had my correct email address so I would be able to get this confirmation email. I never got the confirmation email and I checked all inboxes including spam, thus I did not know what time to show up or a return phone number. I was very unimpressed with their professionalism, and had no way to contact them to cancel my second interview.

Interview Question – It was very basic "tell me about yourself" type questions, nothing was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Sales/Customer Service Representative Interview

Sales/Customer Service Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triec Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – Called after applying online and scheduled a phone interview with a manager for the next day. I was invited to come in and meet for another interview at their offices later that week. I met with a younger lady who I'm assuming was a team leader and an older gentlemen, a director. The entire in house process took about 40 minutes. Whole interview experience was pretty thorough, people I spoke to were nice and professional.

Interview Question – What challenges have you had to overcome in your most recent position and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Triec Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – H.r department emailed and called me after I applied online. I was scheduled for a phone interview, which was brief but covered all the basics. The H.R woman I spoke with was very professional and nice. After that I was invited to come in and finish the interview in person at their headquarters in Chicago. Google maps rerouted me out of my way, but thankfully I called the office and they told me a better way to get there. The office building itself was very large, pretty and impeccably clean. I met one-on-one with an account executive at their cafe across the way and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The gentleman answered all of my questions, asked several of his own, and following this interview i met the campaign director for a final evaluation. The campaign director called me to offer a position the next day which i accepted. Overall, i found the interview process to be very thorough, and it was what I expected of a professional sales or marketing interview.

Interview Question – If you were to have any superpower you can think of, what superpower would you choose to have and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Discussed compensation, start date, and hours.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Triec Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – This interview was a complete waste of time. Unless you are interested in a commission only based job, do not bother. The first interview was very brief and the HR woman told me the starting salary was $35,000. Before leaving, I made sure to clarify that this was NOT a sales job, and she said it wasn't. Then I got invited to job shadow during the second interview. I followed a man going door-to-door (literally) at different businesses trying to sell them office supplies. I found out that the position started as commission only, meaning the HR department lied to me when they told me the starting salary. I also found out that this was in fact sales, which they also lied about. The company misrepresented themselves and I wasted an entire day "job shadowing" a position that I was completely uninterested in. I left the second interview early because I outright told the man that I was not interested and by this time I had already wasted half my day.

Triec Group Response

Jun 3, 2013President

We are a sales and Marketing group, so yes the position does include sales. We do business to business sales for our top clients, such as Quill.com ,Medical Arts Press, and our newest client ... More

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Triec Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for an Account Executive position with Triec Group and by the next day, they emailed me to arrange an interview. The HR contact was very pleasant.
I flew to Chicago and interviewed with the Triec Group in April 2013. They were not willing to conduct a telephone interview, even though the first interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and basically consisted of them telling me about the company with very few questions directed to me.

Interview Question – Who is your role model?
Toughest decision that I had to make.
Place in order of importance: work environment, compensation, and promotion.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was actually told during the first interview that the interview process is a total of 3 interviews. The second interview consists of shadowing a worker for a full day (from 1 PM till 8 PM). I declined this as I did not know this when I booked my flight.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Triec Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on CareerBuilder and received a call the following two days for an interview. When I got to their office they had me wait by their kitchen lounge area until the CEO came to interview me. He asked a lot of questions about work ethic and experience. It seems like they were looking for a very out going and energetic person. I was offered a second interview, which is shadowing a team lead for a day, but since I won't be graduating until May he told me to apply again when my graduation date was closer.

Interview Question – Who is your role model, and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Triec Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through career builder and was contacted by a recruiter within hours. I was offered an interview and drove 6 hours the following day to interview with the company. The interview lasted thirty minutes and was with the CEO of the company. He said that he liked me and wanted to pursue me further and would keep in contact with me until I graduated. I have tried to get in contact with him since but have not had my emails returned.

Interview Question – What was your biggest obstacle that you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Account Executive/Manager Interview

Account Executive/Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Triec Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through careerbuilder, got a call and email next day. Email was quite detailed, more so than some other sales/marketing positions I applied for online. Hr person was friendly. Interviewed with a manager for their energy campaign, it was brief but informative. finished out the interview process later that week and was offered a position

Interview Question – "Now that you've learned more about Triec Group, what do you feel, if hired, you would bring to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Somewhat brief, but standard. Everything explained thoroughly

Worked for Triec Group? Contribute to the Community!