Triec Group

Triec Group Interview Questions

2.4

Customer Service/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Triec Group in September 2013.

I was referred by a friend who works at Triec Group and emailed them my resume. Was then contacted the next day by their manager and scheduled for an interview with their director for the following afternoon.Interview was pretty brief, but answered most of my basic questions and consisted of some standard interview questions. Invited back for a full day interview to shadow one of their current employees. Had a lot of fun, went to lunch and was explained in detail advancement and compensation and was impressed by the overall professionalism of the person I was shadowing and how well customers responded to him. Even though I was a bit unclear at first, it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for in a career change.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult challenge in the workplace you've had to overcome and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward, they explained the job offer and I accepted. It was broken down further during my first day and all of the paperwork was explained in detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Triec Group in July 2013.

I applied via indeed.com and received a phone call the next day to set up an interview. I was unable to make it to the office, and the Hiring Manager was understanding and instead set up the first interview over the phone the following day. I was told I would be emailed a confirmation of the interview time and never received it. The phone interview was very short and basic "getting to know you" questions were asked. The woman told me she wanted to set up a second job shadow interview. I notified her that I never received a confirmation email and made sure they had my correct email address so I would be able to get this confirmation email. I never got the confirmation email and I checked all inboxes including spam, thus I did not know what time to show up or a return phone number. I was very unimpressed with their professionalism, and had no way to contact them to cancel my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was very basic "tell me about yourself" type questions, nothing was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Triec Group in July 2013.

went in for a one on one interview and asked questions about your past experiences and how you can fit in and become a leader and its a simple interview on basic questions on the past and who influences you as well and why you should get the position after that they told me to come in for a shadow interview which lasted the whole day and went door to door in a neighborhood trying to sell the product and it does say that there is a base salary of 35k-40k + commision(25%) but really the monthly compensation for starting is less than a grand a month and they offer you to only take only commision which is the second option which is a better deal than the salary amount they give you weekly if you hit your sales. so if you are looking for a steady income and dont want to go door to door everyday be prepared the staff are really friendly

Interview Questions
    • how can your leadership skills help you in this position   Answer Question

this job can advance from how many door to door sales you get but having degree would not be worth it because you pretty much make your own salary and have a lot of cold customers because personally for me i would decline someone coming up to my door trying to sell me something that i would need to be in a contract for a year

Sales/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Triec Group in June 2013.

Called after applying online and scheduled a phone interview with a manager for the next day. I was invited to come in and meet for another interview at their offices later that week. I met with a younger lady who I'm assuming was a team leader and an older gentlemen, a director. The entire in house process took about 40 minutes. Whole interview experience was pretty thorough, people I spoke to were nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you had to overcome in your most recent position and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Triec Group in May 2013.

H.r department emailed and called me after I applied online. I was scheduled for a phone interview, which was brief but covered all the basics. The H.R woman I spoke with was very professional and nice. After that I was invited to come in and finish the interview in person at their headquarters in Chicago. Google maps rerouted me out of my way, but thankfully I called the office and they told me a better way to get there. The office building itself was very large, pretty and impeccably clean. I met one-on-one with an account executive at their cafe across the way and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The gentleman answered all of my questions, asked several of his own, and following this interview i met the campaign director for a final evaluation. The campaign director called me to offer a position the next day which i accepted. Overall, i found the interview process to be very thorough, and it was what I expected of a professional sales or marketing interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to have any superpower you can think of, what superpower would you choose to have and why?   Answer Question
    Discussed compensation, start date, and hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Triec Group in April 2013.

I applied for an Account Executive position with Triec Group and by the next day, they emailed me to arrange an interview. The HR contact was very pleasant.
    I flew to Chicago and interviewed with the Triec Group in April 2013. They were not willing to conduct a telephone interview, even though the first interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and basically consisted of them telling me about the company with very few questions directed to me.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your role model?
      Toughest decision that I had to make.
      Place in order of importance: work environment, compensation, and promotion.

Answer Question

I was actually told during the first interview that the interview process is a total of 3 interviews. The second interview consists of shadowing a worker for a full day (from 1 PM till 8 PM). I declined this as I did not know this when I booked my flight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Triec Group in April 2013.

This interview was a complete waste of time. Unless you are interested in a commission only based job, do not bother. The first interview was very brief and the HR woman told me the starting salary was $35,000. Before leaving, I made sure to clarify that this was NOT a sales job, and she said it wasn't. Then I got invited to job shadow during the second interview. I followed a man going door-to-door (literally) at different businesses trying to sell them office supplies. I found out that the position started as commission only, meaning the HR department lied to me when they told me the starting salary. I also found out that this was in fact sales, which they also lied about. The company misrepresented themselves and I wasted an entire day "job shadowing" a position that I was completely uninterested in. I left the second interview early because I outright told the man that I was not interested and by this time I had already wasted half my day.

Triec Group Response

Jun 3, 2013President

We are a sales and Marketing group, so yes the position does include sales. We do business to business sales for our top clients, such as Quill.com ,Medical Arts Press, and our newest client ... More

Account Executive/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Triec Group in January 2013.

Applied through careerbuilder, got a call and email next day. Email was quite detailed, more so than some other sales/marketing positions I applied for online. Hr person was friendly. Interviewed with a manager for their energy campaign, it was brief but informative. finished out the interview process later that week and was offered a position

Interview Questions
    • "Now that you've learned more about Triec Group, what do you feel, if hired, you would bring to the table?   Answer Question
    Somewhat brief, but standard. Everything explained thoroughly

Sales - Ambiguous, But Mentioned Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Triec Group in December 2012.

Met with CEO Cody. Told me that he and his partner had a combined 8 years of marketing experience. I was immediately worried. He asked me to explain to him how I lead and manage people and what sets me apart... Typical questions a past executive would be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was sitting through him trying to rationalize why they were not "technically a door to door sales company"

I mean, if that's what you are then embrace it - dont try to hide that the firm is door to door. I asked the HR rep prior to coming exactly this question and referenced GlassDoor.com. they replied that they are NOT a DOOR TO DOOR company.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Triec Group in November 2012.

Responded to my resume submission right away. Setup interview for the next business. When on the phone with the recruiter they made it seem as if I were one of only a few people that they had selected for the interview based on my resume. When I showed up to the interview there were numerous other people waiting to be interviewed as well.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any "difficult" questions. The person I interviewed with just asked me to give a brief overview of myself then we talked for a few minutes and he offered me the opportunity to come back for a second interview. He stated they he just wanted to make sure I was someone who could work well with others.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another company