Trilogy Financial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trilogy Financial

Financial Executive Interview

Interview

First interview, I got to talk to a few people. They were all very pleasant and comfortable to talk to. Manager explained the business and the certifications required for the job. You'll need to take a short personality survey. Second interview goes in greater detail about the business and compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview for a position in there Irvine office. It just seemed to me that the company was looking to hire anyone and the person who interviewed me was just reading off the script. I got asked to come back for a second interview but I read all the reviews on glass door and my gut feeling after the phone interview, made me decide to not take it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

I felt like it wasn't the right fit for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews. First, a brief in person interview with one of the managers. Next, is a group interview with everyone who survived the day before. This interview is about 4 hours long. The regional VP basically talks about the company and his experiences. This is also the time for you to ask any questions. It's more of an info session. At the end, he talks to everyone one-on-one to schedule a third phone interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to move in a different direction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Woburn, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

They came to our school for the job fair, when I saw it, I thought I found a great company and all that. But later I realized and read it s just one of those pyramid schemes companies. They are asking questions about your credit card and stuff. Even though I made it through to 2nd interview I didn't go because I couldn't trust them when I went there first time. They are not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a credit card?   1 Answer

because they didn't look so trusty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and they call me to schedule an interview. There are 3 interviews total. The first one is fairly short and the second one is a group interview and it took around 3 hours. The first one just asked you some basic questions. During the second interview, the interviewer talked about some details about the company and the position available. At the end, there is another one to one interview.

Client Consulting Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Corona, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I got in invited for an interview by a college career fair recruiter. He scheduled my appointment right the way for the first day I had available. The interview process was very simple including questions about past experience and future plans. This is a commission based job based on performance and many phone calls. You know the rest.

Interview Questions

• There was not any difficult or unexpected questions. Make sure you know that this is a commission based position so If you like to work for commission only you will get hired on the spot.   Answer Question

I was looking for conventional employment not based only on commission.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Nice people, steller office, did not entirely answer my questions. Pay and compensation structure not precise. Training is good.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Corona, CA).

Interview

Interview consisted of 1:1 interview with a hiring manager. Company builds their client base mostly through referrals. Interviewer mentioned that new FAs receive support from management in building client base, and they offer paid training. Office seems to have great diversity of people and culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (Irvine, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

relatively simple, two single interviews, then 1 group interview

second rate financial advisory firm. no high net worth client will take this firm seriously.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trilogy Financial (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The first step in the process was an invitation to a group information session. They give you the basics about the company (and the position), and allow you to ask questions. Then you're ushered in (one by one) to a private room where an associate will ask you some standard screening questions. The second step is an interview with a branch's managing partner, and they'll ask some more in-depth questions about your education, work experience, and will go more in greater detail about what is expected in the position (as well as whether or not you agree to the terms of the job). During this point in the process they will also ask you a lot of questions to determine if you have a network of friends and family that might have money. The third step is an interview/job offer with the branch manager in which he/she will list out the job description, point by point, and ask you explicitly each time if you agree to the terms of the job. After that you begin the licensing process (if not licensed) which includes the Series 6, 63, and life insurance licenses. Once all the licenses are obtained you begin a two week Trilogy specific training program that goes over all the basic functions of the job. Once the two week training is completed you are officially hired on as a full-time, salaried employee.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about family members, family friends, and acquaintances ... probing for information about what they did (in the sense they wanted to know how much money or influence they might have). In particular they were interested in my family members that were business owners, professionals (lawyers, doctors, etc ...), and the family friend that was a Superior Court judge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate on the salary or compensation levels. In fact, they had a schedule of scaled increases in compensation based upon performance over a two-year period.