Trimble Navigation

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in April 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter sent me a email attached a form. The form was about some skills related in this position and asked you to fill how many years experience you are in. Than, recruiter gave me a phone interview and talked about some project experience listed on my resume. Then did not call me back anymore, I think maybe they felt the match is no very well.

Interview Question – Actually, the recruiter did not ask technique questions.   Answer Question

Help Desk Tech Interview

Help Desk Tech
Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in February 2014.

Interview Details – Sign in at an empty lobby and call the hiring manager from a phone. Sit for 20 minutes and then stay for 2 hour interview including technical quiz. and interview it seemed they had forgotten about and person who interviews was not available. Sat in lobby 30 mins and a regular employee tried to conduct interview. Was very disorganized and unprofessional

Interview Question – The question that tested your knowledge of exactly how GPS works and a practice troubleshooting excercise   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Interview Details – Talked with several people, but there were never any questions amounting to any type of test, which I appreciated. They just asked me about my experience and gave me information about the job. Shortly after the interview, an offer was made which was really low. I asked for more and they indicated they expected I would ask for more. They increased the offer a little, but not much, then would not budge.

Negotiation Details – Hiring manager low-balled the offer and held the position that if I did not take it, I was the wrong person for the job. After reluctantly accepting the offer, I was brought on, then given the responsibility of a higher position, but never received more compensation or a promotion of any kind.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Westminster, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in March 2012.

Interview Details – I felt that I was a valuable applicant from day one of the interview process. I was contacted initially by an HR representative who was the same person to do my initial interview. I then had a second phone interview before being brought into the office for additional interviews. The number of interviews and care taken during those interviews showed me that the company truly cares about every potential employee. HR was fantastic about explaining the benefits and the managers who interviewed for my role asked valuable questions related to my experience, not basic and generic interview questions.

Interview Question – How can your experiences benefit our customer base?   Answer Question

Senior Export Specialist Interview

Senior Export Specialist
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Interview Details – Interviewed with my Manager. Went over my previous experience, the responsibilities of the position for which I was applying. Also I received an overview of what Trimble produced. I was surprised to learn that Surveying was the biggest percentage of revenue for Trimble. As this was several years ago and before the merger with Spectra Precision, the process is now different I'm sure.

Interview Question – As this was several years ago and I was very qualified for the position, I can not remember any question I would consider difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wanted me and in fact the Recruiter phoned me at home after the interview to inform me that they would be making an offer.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Denver, CO

Interview Details – Phone interview for all the round. They like C++ a lot! OO programming! You MUST clearly know the OO programming's detail.

Interview Question – Give me all the difference between C and C++   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in April 2008.

Interview Details – I submit my resume on a website, then their recruiter called me if I am interested. The phone interview was about two days later. I got the call from hiring manager and asked some technical question. then asked me to on-site interview. The questions of on-site are c/c++ , operating system, some basic network question.

Interview Question – 1 what is priority inversion?

2 what is the biggest challenge in your previous projects? how you solve it
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I expected, because my expected salary is pretty low.

Controller Interview

Controller
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2012.

Interview Details – My phone interview was with a C level executive at Trimble and it took about an hour. We had a very collaborative and positive conversation that ended with me receiving a firm invitation to meet personally 2 days later. We agreed I would hear back from the executive the next day to confirm an exact time to meet.

I received an email late the next day from the recruiter I was being passed over. Obviously something changed the interviewers mind about meeting me and that can happen for several reasons.

However, to just ignore the invitation without a simple email or phone message from the executive declining to meet, comes across as rude and inconsiderate. Given the level of the individual involved, this simple courtesy should have been a professional no brainer.

Interview Questions

• What were some of my most significant professional accomplishments?   View Answer
  • What is your management style?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1.) Process began with a follow up contact (via email) from a recruiter after attending a university career fair.
2.) Quick 15 minute phone introduction with the recruiter. Completed a screening form and sent it back. Was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the hiring managers on site in CO.
3.) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Typical questions about experience, interests, long term goals. They seem flexible with regard to start dates (for summer or seasonal internships) and informed me that the internship would be likely segue into a full time position, pending satisfactory performance. Afterwards, scheduled for another phone interview with a departmental manager from a related group.
4.) Another 20 minute phone interview with the group manager. Afterwards, passed back to the first hiring manager.
5.) Offered the chance to take a skills test. "Once you get this back to us, we'll see where to go from there." I wasn't able to get to it right away and received a message from the recruiter asking me how I was doing, because they were "very interested" in me. I took these as good signs, but ended up accepting another offer and never completed the test. Sent a formal withdrawal notice and received a polite response in return along with an offer to "contact them again for other opportunities in the future."

Everybody that I spoke to was polite, professional, responsive, and well organized. If this is indicative of the overall company culture, then it would appear to be a pleasant place to work. I didn't hesitate to recommend them to some of my colleagues at school.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews: mostly broad questions about background, long term goals/ambitions, interests, some light technical stuff.   Answer Question
  • Skills test: code refactoring.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Senior Technical Program Manager
Westminster, CO

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in September 2011.

Interview Details – My initial communication with Trimble was in the form of a phone call from the Trimble HR recruiter. I had submitted my resume approximately 4 weeks prior and was surprised to get a call so long after the submittal. I arranged a 30 minute phone interview with the HR rep which led to a panel phone screen with the hiring manager and his peers. There were 6 people on the phone panel interview. After waiting an additional 7 weeks, I received an offer which was well below my targeted salary range and not for the job title for which I applied. Disappointing at best. After some negotiation, I was able to raise the salary offer to within an acceptable range. I was pressed to start immediately. My first day was frought with mis-steps by Trimble including lack of communication from my hiring manager and misinformation about when to start.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary a bit, but not within the range I was targeting (and making at my last employer).

I would suggest others who are negotiating an offer use both salary and stock as negotiation tools.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trimble Navigation

Worked for Trimble Navigation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trimble Navigation interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Trimble Navigation employees and interview candidates.