Trimble Navigation

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation in January 2015.

Human Resources gave me a telephone call to interview with Hiring Manager. I met with Hiring Manager. He asked a series of the typical questions. What's your experience? Are you comfortable with the position? Are you available to work these hours? Explained compensation base plus commissions.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Started with a standard phone interview, lasted about 15 minutes. The phone interview led to a 3/4 day, personal interview on-site. Questions ran the scope from basic design patterns, to object-oriented design thoughts, to Java workings.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question about how to implement a proper sort and search on a dictionary of words for a board game. The interviewer was very good, and made the question understandable and pushed all the right buttons to get the answers he was looking for.   Answer Question
    Fairly simple and straight forward

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Trimble Navigation.

None. I didn't go through an interview. They found me and recruited me over the course of five years.
    Apparently the programmer of this website or their manager didn't explore all of the potential corner cases. They didn't take in to consideration that some people are sought and hired without an interview process.

None.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Trimble Navigation in April 2014.

A recruiter sent me a email attached a form. The form was about some skills related in this position and asked you to fill how many years experience you are in. Than, recruiter gave me a phone interview and talked about some project experience listed on my resume. Then did not call me back anymore, I think maybe they felt the match is no very well.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, the recruiter did not ask technique questions.   Answer Question

Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Trimble Navigation in February 2014.

Sign in at an empty lobby and call the hiring manager from a phone. Sit for 20 minutes and then stay for 2 hour interview including technical quiz. and interview it seemed they had forgotten about and person who interviews was not available. Sat in lobby 30 mins and a regular employee tried to conduct interview. Was very disorganized and unprofessional

Interview Questions
    • The question that tested your knowledge of exactly how GPS works and a practice troubleshooting excercise   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Talked with several people, but there were never any questions amounting to any type of test, which I appreciated. They just asked me about my experience and gave me information about the job. Shortly after the interview, an offer was made which was really low. I asked for more and they indicated they expected I would ask for more. They increased the offer a little, but not much, then would not budge.

Hiring manager low-balled the offer and held the position that if I did not take it, I was the wrong person for the job. After reluctantly accepting the offer, I was brought on, then given the responsibility of a higher position, but never received more compensation or a promotion of any kind.

Senior Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Interviewed with my Manager. Went over my previous experience, the responsibilities of the position for which I was applying. Also I received an overview of what Trimble produced. I was surprised to learn that Surveying was the biggest percentage of revenue for Trimble. As this was several years ago and before the merger with Spectra Precision, the process is now different I'm sure.

Interview Questions
    • As this was several years ago and I was very qualified for the position, I can not remember any question I would consider difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    They wanted me and in fact the Recruiter phoned me at home after the interview to inform me that they would be making an offer.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Phone interview for all the round. They like C++ a lot! OO programming! You MUST clearly know the OO programming's detail.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2012.

My phone interview was with a C level executive at Trimble and it took about an hour. We had a very collaborative and positive conversation that ended with me receiving a firm invitation to meet personally 2 days later. We agreed I would hear back from the executive the next day to confirm an exact time to meet.

I received an email late the next day from the recruiter I was being passed over. Obviously something changed the interviewers mind about meeting me and that can happen for several reasons.

However, to just ignore the invitation without a simple email or phone message from the executive declining to meet, comes across as rude and inconsiderate. Given the level of the individual involved, this simple courtesy should have been a professional no brainer.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of my most significant professional accomplishments?   View Answer
    • What is your management style?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2012.

1.) Process began with a follow up contact (via email) from a recruiter after attending a university career fair.
    2.) Quick 15 minute phone introduction with the recruiter. Completed a screening form and sent it back. Was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the hiring managers on site in CO.
    3.) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Typical questions about experience, interests, long term goals. They seem flexible with regard to start dates (for summer or seasonal internships) and informed me that the internship would be likely segue into a full time position, pending satisfactory performance. Afterwards, scheduled for another phone interview with a departmental manager from a related group.
    4.) Another 20 minute phone interview with the group manager. Afterwards, passed back to the first hiring manager.
    5.) Offered the chance to take a skills test. "Once you get this back to us, we'll see where to go from there." I wasn't able to get to it right away and received a message from the recruiter asking me how I was doing, because they were "very interested" in me. I took these as good signs, but ended up accepting another offer and never completed the test. Sent a formal withdrawal notice and received a polite response in return along with an offer to "contact them again for other opportunities in the future."

Everybody that I spoke to was polite, professional, responsive, and well organized. If this is indicative of the overall company culture, then it would appear to be a pleasant place to work. I didn't hesitate to recommend them to some of my colleagues at school.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interviews: mostly broad questions about background, long term goals/ambitions, interests, some light technical stuff.   Answer Question
    • Skills test: code refactoring.   Answer Question