Trimble Navigation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation in January 2015.

Interview

Human Resources gave me a telephone call to interview with Hiring Manager. I met with Hiring Manager. He asked a series of the typical questions. What's your experience? Are you comfortable with the position? Are you available to work these hours? Explained compensation base plus commissions.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trimble Navigation.

Interview

Started with a standard phone interview, lasted about 15 minutes. The phone interview led to a 3/4 day, personal interview on-site. Questions ran the scope from basic design patterns, to object-oriented design thoughts, to Java workings.

Interview Questions

• There was one question about how to implement a proper sort and search on a dictionary of words for a board game. The interviewer was very good, and made the question understandable and pushed all the right buttons to get the answers he was looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple and straight forward

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Telephone call with hiring manager who is based in another location. Discussed duties and expectations compared to my experience and skills. Since I was in internal candidate and had been referred by a trusted colleague the interview was fairly informal and more of a personality compatibility test. Was given the exact salary range of $62k-$75k as a jumping off point.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

None. I didn't go through an interview. They found me and recruited me over the course of five years.
    Apparently the programmer of this website or their manager didn't explore all of the potential corner cases. They didn't take in to consideration that some people are sought and hired without an interview process.

Negotiation

None.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Trimble Navigation in April 2014.

Interview

A recruiter sent me a email attached a form. The form was about some skills related in this position and asked you to fill how many years experience you are in. Than, recruiter gave me a phone interview and talked about some project experience listed on my resume. Then did not call me back anymore, I think maybe they felt the match is no very well.

Interview Questions

• Actually, the recruiter did not ask technique questions.   Answer Question

Help Desk Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Tempe, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Sign in at an empty lobby and call the hiring manager from a phone. Sit for 20 minutes and then stay for 2 hour interview including technical quiz. and interview it seemed they had forgotten about and person who interviews was not available. Sat in lobby 30 mins and a regular employee tried to conduct interview. Was very disorganized and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• The question that tested your knowledge of exactly how GPS works and a practice troubleshooting excercise   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Talked with several people, but there were never any questions amounting to any type of test, which I appreciated. They just asked me about my experience and gave me information about the job. Shortly after the interview, an offer was made which was really low. I asked for more and they indicated they expected I would ask for more. They increased the offer a little, but not much, then would not budge.

Negotiation

Hiring manager low-balled the offer and held the position that if I did not take it, I was the wrong person for the job. After reluctantly accepting the offer, I was brought on, then given the responsibility of a higher position, but never received more compensation or a promotion of any kind.

Senior Export Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with my Manager. Went over my previous experience, the responsibilities of the position for which I was applying. Also I received an overview of what Trimble produced. I was surprised to learn that Surveying was the biggest percentage of revenue for Trimble. As this was several years ago and before the merger with Spectra Precision, the process is now different I'm sure.

Interview Questions

• As this was several years ago and I was very qualified for the position, I can not remember any question I would consider difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They wanted me and in fact the Recruiter phoned me at home after the interview to inform me that they would be making an offer.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone interview for all the round. They like C++ a lot! OO programming! You MUST clearly know the OO programming's detail.

Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

My phone interview was with a C level executive at Trimble and it took about an hour. We had a very collaborative and positive conversation that ended with me receiving a firm invitation to meet personally 2 days later. We agreed I would hear back from the executive the next day to confirm an exact time to meet.

I received an email late the next day from the recruiter I was being passed over. Obviously something changed the interviewers mind about meeting me and that can happen for several reasons.

However, to just ignore the invitation without a simple email or phone message from the executive declining to meet, comes across as rude and inconsiderate. Given the level of the individual involved, this simple courtesy should have been a professional no brainer.

Interview Questions

• What were some of my most significant professional accomplishments?   1 Answer
    • What is your management style?   1 Answer