Trimble Navigation Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2012.

1.) Process began with a follow up contact (via email) from a recruiter after attending a university career fair.
2.) Quick 15 minute phone introduction with the recruiter. Completed a screening form and sent it back. Was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the hiring managers on site in CO.
3.) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Typical questions about experience, interests, long term goals. They seem flexible with regard to start dates (for summer or seasonal internships) and informed me that the internship would be likely segue into a full time position, pending satisfactory performance. Afterwards, scheduled for another phone interview with a departmental manager from a related group.
4.) Another 20 minute phone interview with the group manager. Afterwards, passed back to the first hiring manager.
5.) Offered the chance to take a skills test. "Once you get this back to us, we'll see where to go from there." I wasn't able to get to it right away and received a message from the recruiter asking me how I was doing, because they were "very interested" in me. I took these as good signs, but ended up accepting another offer and never completed the test. Sent a formal withdrawal notice and received a polite response in return along with an offer to "contact them again for other opportunities in the future."

Everybody that I spoke to was polite, professional, responsive, and well organized. If this is indicative of the overall company culture, then it would appear to be a pleasant place to work. I didn't hesitate to recommend them to some of my colleagues at school.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interviews: mostly broad questions about background, long term goals/ambitions, interests, some light technical stuff.   Answer Question
  • Skills test: code refactoring.   Answer Question

Worked for Trimble Navigation? Contribute to the Community!