Trimble Navigation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through college.
First round consisted of two sections
In the first section they asked aptitude questions and basics of DS OS DBMS.
Moderate difficulty.
Second round face to face technical
In this round he asked about my area of interest. I told algorithm then he asked me to write sorting program. He asked about my projects.
Third round is another face to face technical. In this interviewer asked about networks and database concepts like how Google works and how to display top 10 records in a table.
HR round : basic hr questions .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trimble Navigation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Coimbatore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I attended off campus drive. There are 6 colleges were participated including my college. The first round is rejection round with 27 questions. 11 from C aptitude, 9 from Data Structures and OS then 7 from Quantitative apptitude.

Then results are announced after 4 days. Next round is they asked to design a system for baby kid and that question contains problem definition, requirements, pre defined methods. Based on our solutions they shortlisted 6 students including me from whole crew.

Then there are normal two technical interview rounds and one personal interview. Technical interviews concentrated on OS concepts, OOPs concepts.

Interviewer asked me to draw flowchart for particular event performed by accelerometer sensor.

Please concentrate more on process synchronization in OS and solving real world problems. You should know basics and real time applications of OOPs and DS.

Interview Questions

• Purpose of synchronization in process management in OS   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2014.

Interview

Trimble has total of 4 to 5 rounds.First round is written test which consist of algorithm question that must be done in less complexity time.There are 3 interview next.
    1st interview :the interview is mainly focused on c++ and java.it test our oops concept.
    2nd interview:the interview is focused on os and network.
    3 rd interview:some algrithms and also asked about puzzles
    4th interview:its is hr round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation (Vellore (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

First round was a Subjective written test (Aptitude + Algorithms for given problems)
    1st tech Interview - interviewer asked me some algorithms which includes basic oops concepts
    2nd tech Interview - some more algorithms and 2-3 puzzels.
    HR Round - there were usual question like why you want to join trimble?
    what is your strengths? etc.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions other than the puzzles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trimble Navigation in November 2009.

Interview

management interview and hr interview later.