Trimble Navigation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Westminster, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in March 2012.

Interview Details – I felt that I was a valuable applicant from day one of the interview process. I was contacted initially by an HR representative who was the same person to do my initial interview. I then had a second phone interview before being brought into the office for additional interviews. The number of interviews and care taken during those interviews showed me that the company truly cares about every potential employee. HR was fantastic about explaining the benefits and the managers who interviewed for my role asked valuable questions related to my experience, not basic and generic interview questions.

Interview Question – How can your experiences benefit our customer base?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Westminster, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1.) Process began with a follow up contact (via email) from a recruiter after attending a university career fair.
2.) Quick 15 minute phone introduction with the recruiter. Completed a screening form and sent it back. Was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the hiring managers on site in CO.
3.) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Typical questions about experience, interests, long term goals. They seem flexible with regard to start dates (for summer or seasonal internships) and informed me that the internship would be likely segue into a full time position, pending satisfactory performance. Afterwards, scheduled for another phone interview with a departmental manager from a related group.
4.) Another 20 minute phone interview with the group manager. Afterwards, passed back to the first hiring manager.
5.) Offered the chance to take a skills test. "Once you get this back to us, we'll see where to go from there." I wasn't able to get to it right away and received a message from the recruiter asking me how I was doing, because they were "very interested" in me. I took these as good signs, but ended up accepting another offer and never completed the test. Sent a formal withdrawal notice and received a polite response in return along with an offer to "contact them again for other opportunities in the future."

Everybody that I spoke to was polite, professional, responsive, and well organized. If this is indicative of the overall company culture, then it would appear to be a pleasant place to work. I didn't hesitate to recommend them to some of my colleagues at school.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews: mostly broad questions about background, long term goals/ambitions, interests, some light technical stuff.   Answer Question
  • Skills test: code refactoring.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Senior Technical Program Manager
Westminster, CO

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in September 2011.

Interview Details – My initial communication with Trimble was in the form of a phone call from the Trimble HR recruiter. I had submitted my resume approximately 4 weeks prior and was surprised to get a call so long after the submittal. I arranged a 30 minute phone interview with the HR rep which led to a panel phone screen with the hiring manager and his peers. There were 6 people on the phone panel interview. After waiting an additional 7 weeks, I received an offer which was well below my targeted salary range and not for the job title for which I applied. Disappointing at best. After some negotiation, I was able to raise the salary offer to within an acceptable range. I was pressed to start immediately. My first day was frought with mis-steps by Trimble including lack of communication from my hiring manager and misinformation about when to start.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary a bit, but not within the range I was targeting (and making at my last employer).

I would suggest others who are negotiating an offer use both salary and stock as negotiation tools.

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in June 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview which lasted about 90 minutes. The phone interview consisted of an overview of the position, measurement of my experience and work history and a determination of my interest level. Once making it through the phone interview process, I was asked to visit the Westminster Office for a round of interviews with the Director of Sales, Director of Marketing and also with HR. Each individual interview was scheduled to last an hour. However, each session ran over making the overall session last approximately four and a half hours.

The individual interviews didn't seem to be organized too well. The questions were all over the place and didn't seem to be related to the position. In fact, the interview seemed to be more of a venting opportunity. From what I gathered, there are major organizational changes taking place and the employees aren't exactly happy with them. More importantly, the company is experiencing high turn over and the foils who plan to ride it out are seeing their workload double.

Overall, it seems that Trimble has loft goals and are lacking in quality employees to achieve them. Way to much complaining during the interview process to get walk a way with a warm fuzzy or feelings that this is the right company for me.

Shortly after, I was informed that the company stock price took a nose dive and that the open position was being put on hold.....

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years??   View Answer
  • Are you willing to travel more than 70% of the time?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Westminster, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trimble Navigation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was selected for a phone interview and then a face-to-face interview with the team. For the face-to-face interviews, I met with the hiring manager first, then followed by a group/panel format meeting

Interview Question – Typical interview questions came up that I felt I addressed appropriately.   Answer Question

Worked for Trimble Navigation? Contribute to the Community!