Trindent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trindent

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Case analysis over the phone, Very expedited process since they were starting a project and had almost no staff. Phone interview, Skype case and in person meeting done in less than 14 days. I was on the plane to the job site within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Insurances company optimization case   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a take it or leave it proposal

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is listed on the website. Screener: This is a fairly typical screener. Why consulting? Why Trindent? Are you okay with travel? First Phone interview: This was approx. 45 minutes. It was relatively interviewer led. You are given numbers and are asked to solve for a certain value. I suggest writing the formula down and then completing the calculations. Second interview: I unfortunately had a negative experience with this interview. It was another 45 minute phone interview. My interviewer had a very thick accent. It was evident that she became annoyed as I constantly clarified simple words. Looking back, I wish I had explained to the interviewer that I had a lot of trouble understanding her accent ( as risky as that sounds). The mathematical computation was more complex in this interview. I believe that I calculated the right answer but unfortunately did not pass this interview.

Interview Questions

• The computational questions involve a lot of numbers/data, and you are asked to derive a formula and produce an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trindent (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview by HR with usual biographical information review. Two case interviews. One with an engagement manager one with a senior consultant. They provide biographies of your interviewers before the cases. Both case interviews were fairly rudimentary process improvement scenarios. The engagement manager was professional and fluent - a real pleasure to be interviewed by. The senior consultant who interviewed me was switched last minute and seemed inexperienced (confirmed by LinkedIn - 7 months experience and no previous consulting background) and had a lackluster command of the English language which was problematic since cases were conducted over the phone. I have to say Trindent's recruitment process was very well executed but they should probably prescreen their own people for suitability to conduct phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Both cases essentially hinged on calculating some sort of metric. There was an Oil and Gas scenario were one had to calculate producing more product by eliminating waste in refining. The other case involved an Airport Retailer that sold various sundries where one had to calculate a potential increase in revenue by having clerks recommend additional products. Nothing untoward or unexpected. I got the quantitative right on both case. The qualitative right on both as well - though the second interviewer probably didn't get it.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trindent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Initial phone interview. Heavy focus on Quantitative skills. Be good with numbers and Microsoft Excel. Be confident and not nervous. If your phone interview is good, you move to the next round. Otherwise, you will not hear back.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trindent in May 2013.

Interview

E-mail from founder, then phone interview set up by e-mail. After the initial phone screening, they conduct a case interview by phone. They interview based on needs, so don't be surprised if they try to set up a 1 hour case interview on the phone at 9PM (21:00) the same evening on a Friday night. The case interview was conducted by Skype, by a consultant overseas. This consultant used Skype to call my mobile. The call quality was terrible, so we had to reschedule. The second attempt was Skype to Skype, but it wasn't much better. The calls were dropped several times.

Interview Questions

• Poor call quality and connection drops (there were 8 disconnects, and in betwee).   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trindent (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process was extremely long (over several months), during which I went through the following process: Phone screening -> 1st case interview (1 hour) -> 2nd case interview (1 hour) -> excel case (less than 1 hour) + 2 behavioral/fit sessions (2 hours) -> "meeting" with partner (1 hour). - Be prepared for standard case interview (interviewer-led style) - Know your math - Know your excel pivot tables, vlookups, etc...

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewing the behaviorals with the HR was intense. The person keeps asking questions that does not have sequential order. Be prepared to explain basic excel functions over the phone with the HR interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trindent (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The process works as 1 phone screen + 2 case interviews (1st on the phone, 2nd one either on the phone or in person). I passed the phone interview, however bombed the case. It was intense, make sure you prepare for the interviewer led type of case. Its about 5 questions, incl. 1st general: "What factors would you consider to ...?" and the math portion as well. My case was about a retail company that operates convenience stores in airports, railway stations , etc. Despite mentioning declining revenues, or smth like they want to grow, it was more of a bus. situation type of case. Advice try to understand the problem better before start solving it.

Interview Questions

• Case was difficult in general. Doing it on the phone makes it harder.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent (London, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Structured, with emphasis on process and consulting methodology. Two to three stage process, depending on background. Expect to be asked technical questions without having prior knowledge of topic. Practice consulting cases, read the material provided and answer the question as provided. Need to be able to address both technical and non-technical issues, and should be quick to answer mathematical questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, if you prepare using provided materials.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

First you get a phone call consisting of the typical behavioural questions. Tell me about yourself, why consulting, where do you see yourself in 10 years etc. The next step is a practice case interview. Most firms do not provide this, but this is a great opportunity to understand how you've presented in comparison. The next step was a real case interview. Make sure you practice and ask lots of questions to understand the problem.

Interview Questions

• Our client underwrites insurance and they are 2 times slower than their competitors. What can you recommend to solve this issue?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Trindent?   Answer Question