Trindent Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trindent in January 2014.

Initial phone screen interview by HR with usual biographical information review. Two case interviews. One with an engagement manager one with a senior consultant. They provide biographies of your interviewers before the cases. Both case interviews were fairly rudimentary process improvement scenarios. The engagement manager was professional and fluent - a real pleasure to be interviewed by. The senior consultant who interviewed me was switched last minute and seemed inexperienced (confirmed by LinkedIn - 7 months experience and no previous consulting background) and had a lackluster command of the English language which was problematic since cases were conducted over the phone. I have to say Trindent's recruitment process was very well executed but they should probably prescreen their own people for suitability to conduct phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Both cases essentially hinged on calculating some sort of metric. There was an Oil and Gas scenario were one had to calculate producing more product by eliminating waste in refining. The other case involved an Airport Retailer that sold various sundries where one had to calculate a potential increase in revenue by having clerks recommend additional products. Nothing untoward or unexpected. I got the quantitative right on both case. The qualitative right on both as well - though the second interviewer probably didn't get it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Trindent in April 2013.

The whole process was extremely long (over several months), during which I went through the following process:
    Phone screening -> 1st case interview (1 hour) -> 2nd case interview (1 hour) -> excel case (less than 1 hour) + 2 behavioral/fit sessions (2 hours) -> "meeting" with partner (1 hour).

- Be prepared for standard case interview (interviewer-led style)
    - Know your math
    - Know your excel pivot tables, vlookups, etc...

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trindent in April 2012.

Structured, with emphasis on process and consulting methodology. Two to three stage process, depending on background. Expect to be asked technical questions without having prior knowledge of topic. Practice consulting cases, read the material provided and answer the question as provided. Need to be able to address both technical and non-technical issues, and should be quick to answer mathematical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, if you prepare using provided materials.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trindent in May 2011.

Well-organized, on-time, professional discussion. All next steps were effectively communicated and adhered to.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth, relaxed, engaging, and exciting!

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trindent in May 2013.

E-mail from founder, then phone interview set up by e-mail. After the initial phone screening, they conduct a case interview by phone. They interview based on needs, so don't be surprised if they try to set up a 1 hour case interview on the phone at 9PM (21:00) the same evening on a Friday night. The case interview was conducted by Skype, by a consultant overseas. This consultant used Skype to call my mobile. The call quality was terrible, so we had to reschedule. The second attempt was Skype to Skype, but it wasn't much better. The calls were dropped several times.

Interview Questions
    • Poor call quality and connection drops (there were 8 disconnects, and in betwee).   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Trindent.

Initial phone interview. Heavy focus on Quantitative skills. Be good with numbers and Microsoft Excel. Be confident and not nervous. If your phone interview is good, you move to the next round. Otherwise, you will not hear back.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interviewing the behaviorals with the HR was intense. The person keeps asking questions that does not have sequential order. Be prepared to explain basic excel functions over the phone with the HR interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trindent.

The process works as 1 phone screen + 2 case interviews (1st on the phone, 2nd one either on the phone or in person). I passed the phone interview, however bombed the case. It was intense, make sure you prepare for the interviewer led type of case. Its about 5 questions, incl. 1st general: "What factors would you consider to ...?" and the math portion as well. My case was about a retail company that operates convenience stores in airports, railway stations , etc. Despite mentioning declining revenues, or smth like they want to grow, it was more of a bus. situation type of case. Advice try to understand the problem better before start solving it.

Interview Questions
    • Case was difficult in general. Doing it on the phone makes it harder.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trindent in August 2011.

First you get a phone call consisting of the typical behavioural questions. Tell me about yourself, why consulting, where do you see yourself in 10 years etc. The next step is a practice case interview. Most firms do not provide this, but this is a great opportunity to understand how you've presented in comparison. The next step was a real case interview. Make sure you practice and ask lots of questions to understand the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Our client underwrites insurance and they are 2 times slower than their competitors. What can you recommend to solve this issue?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Trindent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Trindent in October 2010.

Firm offers a practice case by phone (was a surprise, given most firms do not offer this) followed by an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview consisted of a one-hour business case followed by an HR screening interview.

Cases are detailed and difficult; either with a Senior Consultant or Engagement Manager. The interviewer challenged for much more information and implications than other firms that I have interviewed with. Quantitative section of the case was straightforward, but there were some traps and shortcuts baked into the problem.

In-person interview takes place at the Toronto or Atlanta office. Was relatively straightforward but focused on understanding where my talents were and what was needed in a career. Staff were pleasant and impressive, from good schools, well-traveled, knowledgeable; office was modest but I suppose that is a good indicator of where priorities are.

Interview Questions
    • Business case to optimize a financial services company, and a health care supply chain.   Answer Question
    Fair and transparent.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trindent

Worked for Trindent? Contribute to the Community!