Trinet Internet Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Strategist Interview

Digital Strategist
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions.

Interview Details – The interview process was very detailed and required multiple presentations, tests, and interviews with members of the team. It also included a difficult test which left me a bit frazzled as I didn't know how to respond to the questions with a panel of employees watching and listening to my answers.

Interview Question – Questions were expected, but the test was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by Trinet at approximately 2pm on a Wednesday at which point I was interviewed by the Recruiting Assistant for almost an hour. All the folks at Trinet seem to be very much into lists (give me your five greatest strengths/weaknesses, three reasons why...) and this interview was no exception. I thought it was very thorough for an initial phone screening but either way once this concluded I was asked if I would be available to Skype at 5:30pm with employees in the West Coast office. In all I spoke to four individuals during this round which was also a bit awkward given that they all seemed to be in the same room as the laptop with the webcam was passed around. In addition to the standard line of questioning I was also asked about charity work, what type of phone and computer do I use, and what I am passionate about. After this concluded I was asked if I had any availability later in the evening to speak with the Operations Manager which again I thought was a bit excessive but agreed to do so because I was very much interested in the position. This round of questioning was more of what you would expect during the phone screening but I was thankful I was not asked to again break my personal and professional life down into lists.

After the interview with the Operations Manager concluded I was asked to go into the Alexandria office to interview with an employee the next day. I very much enjoyed my conversation with the employee and given that things seemed to be progressing positively I felt the time I put in over such a short and intense period was very well worth it. The next day I was then asked to provide a list of four reference and they began the process of contacting them. One of my references was read off a list of thirty attributes and asked to grade me on each. After my references were contacted (Friday) the position was re-posted on Craigslist (Monday). That clearly was not a good sign and of course it is rather unorthodox to contact references if you are unprepared to make a decision.

I did not hear back from Trinet until the end of that next week at which point they asked for me to take part in an additional round of interviews the following Thursday (I was asked to keep 430pm – 7pm open) in their Alexandria office with four more employees. To be perfectly honest at this point I had already invested so much that I figured I would see it through to the end. Much of the same questioning was repeated and lasted just an hour. After I got home that evening I received a call from the COO asking me to come back in at 9am the next day for an additional round of questions. I was very close to just parting ways at this point but for some reason I felt the necessity to see this thing through to the end and I am very glad I did.

This final round of questioning had its similarities to many of the other rounds but there were several questions peppered in that I will leave up to the reader to judge. Some of these questions were: What happened in the last ten years (in the world – provide a summary)? If you were an animal on a merry-go-round which one would you be and why? What three things do you value most in this world? After answering many of these mission critical questions I had one of my own: What is the biggest challenge facing Trinet today? The answer to this question was “finding the right people”.

I believe much can be discovered about a potential employer through the interview process. From getting to understand the cultural aspects, to seeing how decisions are made, to getting a feel of how you would potentially be treated should you become an employee. Going through this process solidified for me my decision to accept an offer with another company (full disclosure - I still have not heard back from Trinet two weeks later) and I would venture to guess I am not the first. Continuous feedback for me is integral for both my personal and professional growth and it is my hope that Trinet takes a critical look at how they go about finding the right people.

Interview Question – In a brief summary, what happened in the world in the last ten years?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at a job fair it was pretty straight forward was immedialty passed to CEO and team for in person interview. The in person interview - met with three different people 1 exec, recruiter and the CEO. Asked me about my sales past, why I would be a good fit etc...

Interview Question – What is a CRM and CMS and why is it important?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy - I asked for what I want and got it

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was never so humiliated in my life as all the silly tests and role playing moments for this job. (Think high school.) Wish I would have avoided Trinet Solutions, the interview process was a red flag. When you spend an hour on aspects of your life that are unrelated to the job, you know something is wacky.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Color?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't make the mistake of believing everything important for you to know will be said during the interview. Don't trust that what is unsaid is going to be fair to you once you join. Ask the tough questions. They are tricky. Ask about the details about the medical coverage, the time off, the PTO, the client billing, the paperwork you must complete each week, etc.

They don't pay much, and that is just the way it is. If you are expecting to pay for the cost of living in California with this job, you may need to rethink things.

Office Administrative Interview

Office Administrative
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in January 2009.

Interview Details – I got a call for a phone screening after a friend of mine gave my resume to her boss. I was scheduled for an interview a few weeks later. I thought I did great, but did not hear back for another few weeks, then I got a call from the Recruiter, Came in to meet with Management Team, Met with Team Lead, and was Offered Job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Everyone was nice, they take you on a tour of the company, explain a little about the background and like to show off their awards, but why not they earned it. I would say it was an easy interview but some of the questions are standard like what are your greatest strengths, and some are kinda odd like what animal would you be on a Merry-Go-Round? Huh?

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Irvine, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in November 2008.

Interview Details – Like the others, I first interviewed with them at a job fair. I spoke to the HR manager and was told that they'd contact me. When they did, I was asked to come in for another interview, which the rescheduled twice. I finally spoke to the COO, if I remember correctly. He asked me back for a third interview where I was to speak with the HR Dir, CEO and Dir of Sales. I answered all their questions and was told that they'd be getting in touch with me with an answer within a week. I didn't hear from them so I contacted the HR Dir. to follow up. He said it would be another week. To make a long story short, I had to continually follow up with them and each time I was told by the HR Dir that I was still being considered for the job and that they'd get back to me. After many emails and continually being put off, I dropped the whole thing and decided that if they did end up calling me, I wouldn't take the job. If this was how they ran the interview/hiring process, I was sure that working there wouldn't be much better. Oh, another detail I forgot to mention. I had originally interviewed for a position as an Account Executive. They turned the tables and told me that I'd be best suited for the lead generator position. I was sorely disappointed at this but was unemployed at the time and willing to take the job because I needed the work. To make matters worse, I was uniquely qualified for the AE position and have a huge professional network to generate business from. Now, the end of this tale. After I didn't hear from them and decided to move on, I saw an ad on CraigsList for the exact position I had applied for. How interesting. Now, I find this site and am glad that I didn't begin working there. Thanks for all the reviews on this company!

Interview Question – What is Web 2.0?   View Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in June 2009.

Interview Details – I arrived at a job fair wich consisted of just a stand with a recruiter from Trinet. Along with me, there were other twenty job seekers. The first step of the process was to line up to talk to this recruiter. The inerview itself lasted less than five minutes. The questions were very basic, ranging from "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" to "what are your strenghts?". Once he had gone through the questions, he told us to wait for a further contact from the company and moved on to interview the next candidate. So far, its been 2 weeks and am still waiting for this future contact...

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Irvine, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online about two weeks before I got a response, instructing me to visit them at a career fair to do a quick in person interview. I got to the fair, and after standing in line with about sixty other hopefuls, spoke with their recruiter and gave him a copy of my portfolio. He told me that they would get back to me in a week to schedule an office interview.

After a week, I contacted the recruiter and he stated that he was running behind, but that he wanted me to come in the next Tuesday. I arrived fifteen minutes ahead of time and waited in the lobby until the recruiter came to get me. We went to the back office, and he asked me about my project management experience and my software development experience. Normally, he said, they bring people back for a second interview to meet with the head project manager, but he wanted me to meet her right away.

She repeated most of the same questions, but noted that she was impressed with the fact that I was about to become PMP certified, as she was the only person in the office who was at that point. I then met with the head of HR at the company, and was told that they would be making a decision soon and I would hear from them shortly.

Weeks passed and I didn't hear from them, so I attempted to contact them by phone and email. After two months of ignored voicemails and emails, I still haven't heard anything. I assume that they don't want me for the position, but their utter refusal to interact has left me somewhat confused, especially since they have posted the job several times since then.

Interview Question – What was the most unusual customer request you've had, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in February 2008.

Interview Details – I learned of Trinet through an employee. I was then invited to come into the office to meet with the senior management team. I had a total of 2 in-person interviews, and then I was offered a position. Also note, the company has you take a Strengths Finder test.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how can they have a positive (and negative) impact on your work?   Answer Question
  • If you were an animal on a merry-go-round, what would you be?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trinet Internet Solutions in March 2008.

Interview Details – Job fair with 60 other people. Phone call follow up and then meet with executives. 1 Hour interview with management.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Trinet Internet Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trinet Internet Solutions interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Trinet Internet Solutions employees and interview candidates.