Trinity College Dublin

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trinity College Dublin

PhD Student Interview

This will vary between Professors. Mainly just questions about my past experience and my interest. Discussing the project for a good while. Wasn't expected to have a technical understanding of the work to be done, but to be able to grasp the concepts.

Non-existent.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trinity College Dublin.

The interview was focused on very detailed technical issues in my research area. The interview board was composed of 5 more lecturers from the department and the chair was my mentor-to-be. The atmosphere was very warm and comfortable and the result was out within one day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I cannot get the expected result of the research project given the limited time?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trinity College Dublin in November 2008.

I was interviewed by the head of department who showed me around the department and introduced some of his staff members. We then went into a separate room where the actual interview took place. All in all the interview took just over an hour. The level of difficulty was average, probably because I had already attended several college related interviews before.