Trinity Industries

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews were well organized. Started with phone interview followed by two site visit interviews. The pay schedule is hard set for everyone other than executives so good luck negotiating.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Clinton, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trinity Industries in January 2014.

Interview Details – Waited over an hour before had interview in which I wasn't asked any questions....the interviewer just rambled on and on about himself. Wanted to also interview for another position but was advised to wait to see how first interview went and then if I didn't get that position then I could interview for the other. Well, I didn't get the first job and then was informed that the second position had already been filled. All this within two days of my first interview. I feel the HR individual screwed me out of any chance of working for Trinity.

Welder Interview

Welder

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Trinity Industries.

Interview Details – they just did a weld test and pre employment

Interview Question – what do you do on your free time   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Trinity Industries in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is through a local agency. I received a phone interview from manager within the company. Then a couple of days later, was called for a face to face interview with four managers (30 mins each). Still haven't heard back from local agency about weather or not I got the job or not, it's been 1 week. Oh well.

Interview Question – Very easy interview. One of the managers seem to not be interested.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Trinity Industries in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was shown the areas which I would be working in before the 2 interviews I was given. There was very little communication about the true work I be doing.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was a Maintenance technician that was moved up to a supervisor.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Trinity Industries in May 2013.

Interview Details – First, an over the phone interview with HR and then after a week I had a interview with the manger of the department I applied for. It was not technical. All of the questions were behavioral question, only took 20 minutes.

Interview Question – How would some else describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the offer was very good and fair.

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter so she handled most of the communication, and did a fantastic job at it. I can only speak as to my experience with the interview:
- Initial Phone Screening - Spoke with the Director of Internal Audit and one of the Managers who tested my knowledge in Spanish. Very easy going, questions about my experience in audit, my experience with people etc...
- On Site Interview - I met with the Director of Audit, Staff Auditor, Manager, Controller, and CAO. All of them were beyond nice; shows the team is well organized and they all had prior Big 4 experience, so you would be working with competent people. Conversations were very easy going, "tell me a little about yourself", "what kind of audits you work on", "types of industries" etc... Nothing that really caught me off guard.

Interview Question – The toughest question came at the end of the on-site interview, the Director asked me how soon I could start. Having worked through a recruiter I was caught a little bit off guard since I hadn't heard about the exact conditions and didn't want to commit to an answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Internal Audit really was not the path for me, even though they mentioned opportunities in different departments it wouldn't be for at least 12-18 months and I didn't think Internal Audit was worth it.

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Trinity Industries in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back over a month later. Had an in-person interview and met with two executives. Questions were mostly behavioral, such as "walk me through your resume" and "why are you interested in Trinity." Everyone was nice, pretty easy process and I got the offer a week later.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered me a very solid hourly pay for an intern.

Trinity Industries Interview

Trinity Industries
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted through headhunter. They moved quickly. Phone interview followed by in person that lasted over three hours. Hired on the spot. Received a fantastic offer.

Interview Question – Being interviewed by persons with no knowledge of my skillset or technology from a design perspective. Difficult to explain these subjective theories.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did all the offering and it was more than I would have asked for.

IT Area Interview

IT Area

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Trinity Industries in November 2011.

Interview Details – First I received a call from an HR director, then a manager called to give me info about the position and schedule an interview. Both individuals were very nice and the interview wasn't difficult.

Interview Question – Tell me about your internship experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Trinity Industries? Contribute to the Community!