Trinity Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.3

Human Resource Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trinity Industries.

Interviewer was nice but very thorough. She put me at ease and we both established rapport. My resume was studied and I was asked about several positions. Then I explained a couple of them related to HR.

Fitter Welder Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Trinity Industries.

I applied online and received a phone call a few days later asking me to come in and take a weld test. I had never welded flux core before and a friend of mine said they didn't use gas. i went in to take the test they put you into a welding booth and let you play with some scrap for a few minutes after a few minutes i asked the tester why all my welds were coming out porosity he said they do in fact use gas. after that the test was easy he asked me to weld a vertical up weld which i did i received a call back after the holidays were over telling me to come in and do paperwork as well as my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is when they ask what all have you welded. they want intricate details.   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trinity Industries.

I just graduated welding school,first of all was told to come in for a welding test, when i got their I was told i needed steel toe boots,and to go across the street to Walmart and buy some and come back in 45 min. So i did and some mexican dude had me do certain welds and then he said i needed to go back to school, he was very rude!!! Now they are calling me back for a assembly job????

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in September 2014.

I had a great but brief 30 minutes screen with HR. They very quickly decided they wanted me to come in for a 4 person 5-hour interview. I had plenty of time to prepare. The 4 people were friendly, asked good questions, let me ask most of my questions. 2 of the people were very rushed. They didn't make me feel very important.
    I asked if there were any reasons whatsoever that I would not be considered for the next round, and all interviewers "couldn't think of any." I had good feelings about the interview and expected to be called for the "final."
    The very next day, HR called and told me they liked me but wanted someone with a particular industry experience. This had never come up as an issue before, and the interviewers even seemed to downplay it.
    I do not currently have good feelings about the company doing this to me and taking me away from other activities related to my job search. They essentially wasted 2 weeks of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were good, and most were standard. The more difficult questions were boiling down certain aspects of the job in 3 or 5 specific points. That is "List 5 things that product managers must do." This is not a tough question, but can be difficult without any true environmental context. However, my answers were solid and seemed to fit what the interviewer expected.   Answer Question

Government Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in July 2014.

People seem great to work with and that they place a high value on being able to get along with their team members. Interview was not particularly rigorous and almost none of it focused on skill set or typical interview questions. Second interview was at a bar over drinks. The company is very big on creating loyalty to team.

Mobile Equiptment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2014.

short he just asked me about my experience on forklift and if I was use to working in the heat. very easy interview. The guy interviewing me was in a hurry so it wasn't very long. I interviewed for about 10 minutes or less

Welder Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trinity Industries.

they just did a weld test and pre employment

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in January 2014.

Waited over an hour before had interview in which I wasn't asked any questions....the interviewer just rambled on and on about himself. Wanted to also interview for another position but was advised to wait to see how first interview went and then if I didn't get that position then I could interview for the other. Well, I didn't get the first job and then was informed that the second position had already been filled. All this within two days of my first interview. I feel the HR individual screwed me out of any chance of working for Trinity.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trinity Industries in December 2013.

The hiring process is through a local agency. I received a phone interview from manager within the company. Then a couple of days later, was called for a face to face interview with four managers (30 mins each). Still haven't heard back from local agency about weather or not I got the job or not, it's been 1 week. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. One of the managers seem to not be interested.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2013.

Applied through a recruiter so she handled most of the communication, and did a fantastic job at it. I can only speak as to my experience with the interview:
    - Initial Phone Screening - Spoke with the Director of Internal Audit and one of the Managers who tested my knowledge in Spanish. Very easy going, questions about my experience in audit, my experience with people etc...
    - On Site Interview - I met with the Director of Audit, Staff Auditor, Manager, Controller, and CAO. All of them were beyond nice; shows the team is well organized and they all had prior Big 4 experience, so you would be working with competent people. Conversations were very easy going, "tell me a little about yourself", "what kind of audits you work on", "types of industries" etc... Nothing that really caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question came at the end of the on-site interview, the Director asked me how soon I could start. Having worked through a recruiter I was caught a little bit off guard since I hadn't heard about the exact conditions and didn't want to commit to an answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Internal Audit really was not the path for me, even though they mentioned opportunities in different departments it wouldn't be for at least 12-18 months and I didn't think Internal Audit was worth it.