Trinity Industries

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.2

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in September 2014.

I had a great but brief 30 minutes screen with HR. They very quickly decided they wanted me to come in for a 4 person 5-hour interview. I had plenty of time to prepare. The 4 people were friendly, asked good questions, let me ask most of my questions. 2 of the people were very rushed. They didn't make me feel very important.
    I asked if there were any reasons whatsoever that I would not be considered for the next round, and all interviewers "couldn't think of any." I had good feelings about the interview and expected to be called for the "final."
    The very next day, HR called and told me they liked me but wanted someone with a particular industry experience. This had never come up as an issue before, and the interviewers even seemed to downplay it.
    I do not currently have good feelings about the company doing this to me and taking me away from other activities related to my job search. They essentially wasted 2 weeks of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were good, and most were standard. The more difficult questions were boiling down certain aspects of the job in 3 or 5 specific points. That is "List 5 things that product managers must do." This is not a tough question, but can be difficult without any true environmental context. However, my answers were solid and seemed to fit what the interviewer expected.   Answer Question

Government Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in July 2014.

People seem great to work with and that they place a high value on being able to get along with their team members. Interview was not particularly rigorous and almost none of it focused on skill set or typical interview questions. Second interview was at a bar over drinks. The company is very big on creating loyalty to team.

Mobile Equiptment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2014.

short he just asked me about my experience on forklift and if I was use to working in the heat. very easy interview. The guy interviewing me was in a hurry so it wasn't very long. I interviewed for about 10 minutes or less

Welder Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trinity Industries.

they just did a weld test and pre employment

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in January 2014.

Waited over an hour before had interview in which I wasn't asked any questions....the interviewer just rambled on and on about himself. Wanted to also interview for another position but was advised to wait to see how first interview went and then if I didn't get that position then I could interview for the other. Well, I didn't get the first job and then was informed that the second position had already been filled. All this within two days of my first interview. I feel the HR individual screwed me out of any chance of working for Trinity.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Trinity Industries in December 2013.

The hiring process is through a local agency. I received a phone interview from manager within the company. Then a couple of days later, was called for a face to face interview with four managers (30 mins each). Still haven't heard back from local agency about weather or not I got the job or not, it's been 1 week. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. One of the managers seem to not be interested.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2013.

Applied through a recruiter so she handled most of the communication, and did a fantastic job at it. I can only speak as to my experience with the interview:
    - Initial Phone Screening - Spoke with the Director of Internal Audit and one of the Managers who tested my knowledge in Spanish. Very easy going, questions about my experience in audit, my experience with people etc...
    - On Site Interview - I met with the Director of Audit, Staff Auditor, Manager, Controller, and CAO. All of them were beyond nice; shows the team is well organized and they all had prior Big 4 experience, so you would be working with competent people. Conversations were very easy going, "tell me a little about yourself", "what kind of audits you work on", "types of industries" etc... Nothing that really caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question came at the end of the on-site interview, the Director asked me how soon I could start. Having worked through a recruiter I was caught a little bit off guard since I hadn't heard about the exact conditions and didn't want to commit to an answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Internal Audit really was not the path for me, even though they mentioned opportunities in different departments it wouldn't be for at least 12-18 months and I didn't think Internal Audit was worth it.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Trinity Industries in May 2013.

First, an over the phone interview with HR and then after a week I had a interview with the manger of the department I applied for. It was not technical. All of the questions were behavioral question, only took 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, the offer was very good and fair.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Trinity Industries in April 2013.

Applied online and heard back over a month later. Had an in-person interview and met with two executives. Questions were mostly behavioral, such as "walk me through your resume" and "why are you interested in Trinity." Everyone was nice, pretty easy process and I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they offered me a very solid hourly pay for an intern.

Trinity Industries Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Trinity Industries in June 2012.

Contacted through headhunter. They moved quickly. Phone interview followed by in person that lasted over three hours. Hired on the spot. Received a fantastic offer.

Interview Questions
    • Being interviewed by persons with no knowledge of my skillset or technology from a design perspective. Difficult to explain these subjective theories.   Answer Question
    They did all the offering and it was more than I would have asked for.