TripAdvisor Account Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TripAdvisor.

The process consisted of 1) a screening phone interview with the recruiter 2) a 1.5 hour phone interview with the hiring manager and another team member 3) 3 hour in-person interview 4) second 3.5 hour in-person interview. The correspondence from the HR manager and recruiter were both professional and prompt. While I did not ultimately get the job, I felt they were both professional and didn't leave me hanging as many companies do.

The in-person interviews were very difficult. While the hiring manager asked questions that pertained well to the job and my general philosophies and thinking, I spoke with him in total for over 3 hours. I felt as though he should have been able to ferret me out more quickly than that if TripAdvisor wasn't going to move forward with an offer. The interview with the global director of the communications team was grueling. While he was nice and had a number of insightful questions, several of those he asked could only have been answered by someone who was previously employed by the company. The CMO seemed to have her mind made up based on my resume before even meeting me, and was flatly rude at several points.

Interview Questions
  • Which of our news announcements do you think has had the most success and direct impact on the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TripAdvisor

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at TripAdvisor.

I have been interviewed on the phone by HR. Afterwards I received an invitation for a face to face one in the London office. I was then interviewed by the manager of the department and the HR advisor, who looked so young and unexperienced like she just graduated. None of them basically listened to anything else I said after my reply to their first question (do you mean by your statement that the workload is too much?). Although I meant something totally different from what the manager got and tried to make it clear, the manager shut completely his attention and later on I received the communication that they were not going to proceed with my application because according to the manager I could cope with the company pace. I wrote back to HR explaining again what I said during the interview and I could easily show with my numbers and with references inside my current company that what the manager got was so far from the truth. They didn't even take the time to reply to my email and just ignored it. It was in all my career the most unprofessional interview and it was extremely disappointing to see that such a growing company puts so less effort and skills in the recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • None. They rather asked for numbers and market share of the company I was currently working for.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TripAdvisor in July 2011.

The interview process was fairly standard. I applied via LinkedIn and got a call from the recruiter based in Singapore. After that, she set up one on-site interview and two Skype interviews. All of them went very well and overall I had a fairly positive experience. Now, things go from very good to very bad.

A week after my final interview, I get a call from the recruiter and she told me that my interview went very well and they are looking to make an offer. They are in discussions internally to sort out things and that 'I will' receive an offer of employment (not just a response, but an offer) within three working days. I was extremely happy to hear that!

Three days passed and there was no response. I followed up on email and asked the recruiter about the status. Her response was that one of the interviewers hadn't yet provided their feedback and she will sync with them and then let me know. This was extremely un-professional. That was the final email I received from the recruiter. I sent her 2-3 follow ups promptly before finally giving up.

What annoyed me in the entire process is that even if the role was simply dissolved due to internal restructuring, I'd be okay as long as it was communicated. Or if they decided on another candidate, even that is fine. The fact that all the hard work I put in preparing for those interviews and my sincerity meant nothing to TripAdvisor was extremely disappointing (especially after I received a call confirming that I'd be getting an 'offer').

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince someone to use TripAdvisor as an advertising platform?   Answer Question